The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[ADVICE NEEDED:] Brainstorming Ideas

Idea threads

Trin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 24, 2014
Hi all!

Before I proceed to validation, I know I need to create valid, profitable online business ideas. I have been trying for a few days but it has been quite frustrating. I have topics I am interested in, and I have an overall arching theme that I would like to pursue (because I am the type of person that must be interested in the project's themes and goals in order to make it succeed), but I have learned that I needed to be more specific. None of my more specific ideas survived the keyword tests for volumein Google Adwords Keyword Planner.

Tried to look up brainstorming exercises for business ideas but somehow any article I click is very generic. Does anyone have any suggestions of brainstorming ideas for business?

If it helps my Overall Arching Theme is: Advancing Creative Potential [in people] [in society] [in myself- in pursuing authorship and writing]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LuxeLife184

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2014
New York, New York
Brain mapping seems to really assist and clarify things for me....It sets up a "road map" on how to get to your final destination, and what actions are needed to get there.

Goodle "brain mapping" so you can see different examples....hope this helps. Good luck!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi all!

Before I proceed to validation, I know I need to create valid, profitable online business ideas. I have been trying for a few days but it has been quite frustrating. I have topics I am interested in, and I have an overall arching theme that I would like to pursue (because I am the type of person that must be interested in the project's themes and goals in order to make it succeed), but I have learned that I needed to be more specific. None of my more specific ideas survived the keyword tests for volumein Google Adwords Keyword Planner.

Tried to look up brainstorming exercises for business ideas but somehow any article I click is very generic. Does anyone have any suggestions of brainstorming ideas for business?

If it helps my Overall Arching Theme is: Advancing Creative Potential [in people] [in society] [in myself- in pursuing authorship and writing]

Hi @Trin welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

Have you read the book that this forum is based around? If not you can pick up the first few chapters for free. It really will help give you more clarity.

http://www.themillionairefastlane.com/

Ideas are everywhere. You just have to tune your brain into the right frequency to pick up on them. It kinda drives me crazy now. Every single day I see, hear or experience something that gives me pause and think that might be a great business idea.

There is a subforum in the paid INSIDERS's forum all about "Ideas Needing Execution". Right now there are 33 threads that detail a potential business idea that anyone can take on as their own.

Every thread is formatted with the following information...

1) The IDEA

2) The PROBLEM

3) The SOLUTION

4) The RESULT

5) The MARKET

6) The FASTLANE model

7) The BUSINESS model

8) The EXECUTION challenges

9) The BRAND idea

10) The EXIT strategy

---------

11) YOUR BOUNTY PRICE (If Any)*

G

GuestUser113

Hi all!

Inside the Box: A Proven System of Creativity for Breakthrough Results
By Drew Boyd, Jacob Goldenberg

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/pages/bookstore/

page 3

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
(because I am the type of person that must be interested in the project's themes and goals in order to make it succeed)

Is that really true? Or is that your narrative bias talking?

You might want to try an experiment and find out. Most millionaires and billionaires aren't "interested" in the markets in which they serve. They just see needs that they passionately want to solve.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Pull from your own experiences.

FB/Twitter/Instagram/snapchat/etc - Was built because of something they wanted.

Trin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 24, 2014
@MJ DeMarco Thank you!!! When I saw that you post actively in your own forum I was very amazed and humbled. Blunt advice is very much appreciated, you are making me think harder and even out of my own head into my future customers.'

Trin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 24, 2014
@Gale4rc I am going to think long and hard about this too. Thank you!! I'll let you guys know, I'm entering thinking mode again now...

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
Is that really true? Or is that your narrative bias talking?

You might want to try an experiment and find out. Most millionaires and billionaires aren't "interested" in the markets in which they serve. They just see needs that they passionately want to solve.

I agree and disagree. You have to be at least kind of interested in what you are doing. You know, a person will nit become a succesfull fashion company owner, if personally completely do not care about his look and what clothes he is wearing, not seeing the difference between good clothes and bad. The reason is, that person is unable to understand the basics of the industry and will be ignorant to the even basic principles. So at some point about not interested i do not agree, to, well, some point.

However, inagree that you have to be passionate in solingen the problems.

Timbonitus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 28, 2014
I have been involved with different online businesses for several years now and I have set up maybe 5 different websites. I never really created an extremely profitable website but I have definitely learned a lot.

What I noticed, and what a lot of marketers echo, is that Google shouldn't be your number one source of traffic. Most successful websites don't depend on Google but rather a wide range of other websites. Google traffic also doesn't convert that well.

What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't base the potential success of your business on Google's keyword results. It helps to get an idea of what people are searching for but even if people aren't searching for an exact keyword, there's a good chance they'll be interested in what you have to offer them. I know what it feels like because I'm in the process of starting a new website as well (I just published a thread in the idea bucket) and it's easy to be discouraged by the lack of keyword search terms. But then I realized that I don't really NEED Google. I can build traffic from other websites through blog commenting, guest posting, and just networking in general, and if my website appeals to someone, they'll stick around.

Just my thoughts. Worse scenario; you learn something new.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
I agree with MJ on this one. There is no need to be passionate about what I'm doing/selling. I'm passionate about changing my life and building a better future for my family. I don't care how I do that so long as it's legal and ethical (to me).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.