The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A few gem podcasts... What's your favorite?

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
Hey guys,

On my commute I love listening to podcasts to expand my knowledge. Here are a few of my favorites, feel free to post yours too!

Andy Frisella MFCEO Project ( $100 mil+ sales volume empire, badass zero F*cks given!)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-mfceo-project/id1012570406?mt=2

Smart Passive Income
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/smart-passive-income-podcast/id383084001?mt=2

Tim Ferriss Show ( some really great episodes on various biz, health topics)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-tim-ferriss-show/id863897795?mt=2

Cardone Zone( Grant Cardone)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cardone-zone/id825614458?mt=2

Ultimate Real Estate Investing Podcast(Sean Terry, wholesaling houses)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ultimate-real-estate-investing/id381971291?mt=2

Enjoy guys and gals!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Hey guys,

On my commute I love listening to podcasts to expand my knowledge. Here are a few of my favorites, feel free to post yours too!

Andy Frisella MFCEO Project ( $100 mil+ sales volume empire, badass zero F*cks given!)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-mfceo-project/id1012570406?mt=2

Smart Passive Income
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/smart-passive-income-podcast/id383084001?mt=2

Tim Ferriss Show ( some really great episodes on various biz, health topics)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-tim-ferriss-show/id863897795?mt=2

Cardone Zone( Grant Cardone)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cardone-zone/id825614458?mt=2

Ultimate Real Estate Investing Podcast(Sean Terry, wholesaling houses)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ultimate-real-estate-investing/id381971291?mt=2

Enjoy guys and gals!!!

Thanks for sharing. My favorite podcast is from Peter Voogd (thats how I found out about MJ DeMarco)

Peter Voogd-Young Entrepreneur Lifestyle
http://www.youngentrepreneurlifestyle.com/

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Slightly cheating because they aren't "podcasts", but you can listen without watching...

The AskGaryVee show on YouTube.

BEBOLD

Disregard Females, Acquire Currency
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 14, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I looooove podcasts!

1) ETL (Entrepreneurial Though Leaders) - weekly seminar series on entrepreneurship from Stanford U with successful guests as speakers
2) I Love Marketing - The BEST podcast on Marketing with Joe Polish and Dean Jackson
3) The Tim Ferriss Show
4) 10X Talk with Joe Polish and Dan Sullivan(Strategic Coach)
5) The Art of Charm - social dynamic, sex, relationships, money, success and so on.
6) a16z - podcast of a venture fund Andreessen Horowitz, trends in tech from Silicone Valley.
7) The Amazing Seller, FBA All Stars - two of the best for Amazon sellers.
8) Coffee Break French - Learn french language. Chinese Learn Online - Mandarin Chinese language lessons.
9) The Brutal Truth About Sales & Selling

If you are to choose only 3 of the above, stick with:
1) I Love Marketing
2) ETL
3) The Tim Ferriss Show

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Don't cheat! That's not a podcast.

... but if it was, it would blow at least 98% of the rest out of the water.
Ok fine. ;) I searched in iTunes 'MJ DeMarco' and found lots of podcast episodes with his name in the title. Does that count?

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
You guys should check out London Real, it has introduced me to many great people who have had a huge positive impact on my life.

(strictly is a podcast but best consumed via youtube)

carswest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 28, 2015
Los Angeles suburbs
You guys should check out London Real, it has introduced me to many great people who have had a huge positive impact on my life.

(strictly is a podcast but best consumed via youtube)

Agreed. London Real is great. That's what I only listen to. I learned from Dan Pena, Peter Sage and others there. I listen to it every time I drive. Some podcasts I could listen over and over and magically new content appears.

[HASHTAG]#PureA[/HASHTAG], which episodes you liked the most?

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Agreed. London Real is great. That's what I only listen to. I learned from Dan Pena, Peter Sage and others there. I listen to it every time I drive. Some podcasts I could listen over and over and magically new content appears.

[HASHTAG]#PureA[/HASHTAG], which episodes you liked the most?

Peter Sage for sure, what an incredible guy. Have listened to his episode (first one) about 5/6 times and every time (exactly like you said) I get something new from it, its incredible (im thinking its the RAS at work). Check out his YT channel too the guy delivers huge value and gets next to no recognition.

Big fan of Pena too... Whilst my business style is lot more like Peter's approach I still love hearing from someone with that much experience.

Another of my favourite episodes was James Altucher's. Never really heard of the guy before the episode but he opened a lot of doors for me.

That's the great thing with LR it introduces incredible people into your life that you would have little chance finding otherwise. I find it goes through periods of bad guests though which kinda sucks. Brian must be breaking his balls getting a decent guest every single week.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
thread moved outside...

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
So here's my issue. All of the highly recommended podcasts are incredibly lengthy and full of fluff. Which is fine if you listen to one, maybe two podcasts a week. But where are the short, actionable action dense podcasts? Because if I'm spending hours listening then I'm not spending hours executing.

Just my two cents.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
So here's my issue. All of the highly recommended podcasts are incredibly lengthy and full of fluff. Which is fine if you listen to one, maybe two podcasts a week. But where are the short, actionable action dense podcasts? Because if I'm spending hours listening then I'm not spending hours executing.

Just my two cents.

For me, those would be AskPat and Simple Programmer.

Another of my favourite episodes was James Altucher's. Never really heard of the guy before the episode but he opened a lot of doors for me.

James is probably my favorite personality in the entrepreneur world. Most people selling the online business model/lifestyle tend to be positive. That's important, but they gloss over the difficulties. James doesn't. He's got a blog post that presents his thoughts on contemplating suicide. He's been through some rough patches, and he's not afraid to talk about them.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
  • Tropical MBA
  • Enjoy Tim Ferris podcasts
  • Mind Your Business Radio Show
  • Foundrmag.com have some good interviews
  • Hal Elrods podcast.
That's all I can think of for now, sorry too tired to hyperlink.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Just my two cents.
Yeah. I have the same issue. I get round it by listening when I'm doing something else - like ironing the kids school uniforms on a Sunday evening, driving to and from client sites, or going for a walk. It's amazing how much time you can find when you listen at the same time as doing other things.

I don't listen to podcasts religiously, and go weeks without listening to anything. I then go back to relisten to old favourites (two of which I linked to in a post above). I find I then get more insights than before, because I've *done* more than before.

If I just consume, I end up getting distracted, losing focus, and getting nothing done. When that happens, I know I've joined team consumer.

We need to be on team producer.

For me, podcasts and books almost articulate thoughts and learnings I have gained from taking action. They give me a better way of explaining something my gut has already worked out.

If I consume without practitioning at the same time, then I fill my head up with knowledge, but it doesn't resonate and has no real value. In fact it just makes the way forward LESS clear.

Consume with care. :)

EDIT: The signal to noise ratio in the www.tropicalmba.com podcast is excellent. And when they are just having banter, it's fun to listen to anyway.

Last edited:

PHD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Sep 5, 2011
Gold Coast, Australia
I listen to a lot of podcasts - usually when I'm doing some meaningless tasks such as cleaning, driving, ironing etc.

Some of my favourites are:

- Entrepreneur on Fire (John Lee Dumas) - A bit cheesy but has some fantastic guests;
- The School of Greatness (Lewis Howes) - As above;
- Smart Passive Income (Pat Flynn);
- Monocle: The Entrepreneurs;

I occasionally listen to:
- Daily Boost - this one has some motivating moments and Scott Smith is super energetic but the religious stuff gets annoying;
- Bullet proof radio (Dave Asprey)

Will be adding some of the above suggestions to my Player FM subscription list.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY

Just my two cents.

This is a Very true statement! My commute to my office is 30 minutes and that's one of the only times I'll listen to them.
I forgot to mention BiggerPockets. That's a really good real estate focused podcast. They cover every aspect of RE( wholesaling, buy and hold rentals, fix and flip, apartment complexes etc.)

Jata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 21, 2015

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics