The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A daily tool for your efficiency

Do you plan you days?

• Yeah

• Nah

Results are only viewable after voting.

Re:Kay

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Feb 12, 2019
Very decent post here @Santi Merino . I acutally use Google calender to plan my day and you can use whole day tasks as a to do list there - very handy.

Personally I do not play my day as detailed as you do - but will give it a try.
I plan like once a week + what ever comes up right at that time.

Honestly I liked the concept of habitica but I dont know why it didn´t stick with me. Its really like someday you are 150% productive and the other its more like a 50%. weird. Plus when I have an app on my phone I am likely to do some random browsing there instead haha

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Santi M

See you on the fastlane
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 22, 2018
Fastlane
Very decent post here @Santi Merino . I acutally use Google calender to plan my day and you can use whole day tasks as a to do list there - very handy.

Thank you, man! That's another option I didn't think about:thumbsup:

Personally I do not play my day as detailed as you do - but will give it a try.
I plan like once a week + what ever comes up right at that time.

That's good too, as we said above, you have to find what works best for you.

Thanks for your answer @Re:Kay

Arigilos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jan 5, 2019
I've done this before and I like it a lot. I've always used a note taking app on my phone to plan and record my days. And I've recorded days that I haven't planned and it's interesting to see how much time I waste. And some days that I've planned it's interesting to see how little time I have.

Santi M

See you on the fastlane
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 22, 2018
Fastlane
I've done this before and I like it a lot. I've always used a note taking app on my phone to plan and record my days. And I've recorded days that I haven't planned and it's interesting to see how much time I waste. And some days that I've planned it's interesting to see how little time I have.

Great man, glad to see other people views and their ways of doing this, thank you!

.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 18, 2016
Belgium, Europe
. Why I kept using habitica:
-a separation between habits, dailies and to do. Therefore I was able to separate my 5 tasks a day from my daily routine and to do list

- tasks, todo and dailies work differently, some need to be tick daily some just change color when not done for too long, etc this way you can easier separate for different types of habits, you can also setup separate timeframes for habits and difficulty level, those are things I didn't see on any other apps

So far so good: Habitica helps me to put in place some new daily habits in a fun way. Thanks!

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
For anyone using Trello I can recommend the pomelloapp that will link with it.

A good task manager combined with an integrated Pomodoro timer can make a world of difference to productivity.

Last edited:

.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 18, 2016
Belgium, Europe
Since I'm quite impressed with Habitica, I did a search to see if sthg similar existed to track fitness progress.

I bumped into this article: it's a list of apps selected by an expert in gamification: https://yukaichou.com/lifestyle-gamification/the-top-ten-gamified-productivity-apps/

Among the apps listed, I will give a go at Fitocracy and also at Super Better:
Fitocracy (gamified fitness app)
SuperBetter ("life improvement" app)

The TED talk from the SuperBetter designer was impressive and interesting:
The game that can give you 10 extra years of life

She mentions how such an app can help in many more ways than just improving productivity.

Initially she designed the 1st version of the app for herself: to keep improving her condition a little bit each day at a time when she was considering suicide because of her physical condition and the daily pain she had to endure.

The TED talk is worth watching: SuperBetter

The official aim of the app is: "help build personal resilience: the ability to stay strong, motivated, and optimistic even in the face of a tough challenge".

In terms of pure productivity app, to come back to the topic of the thread, since I like using pomodoros I will give a try at the Productivity Challenge Timer app

Because I like how it forces us to complete each "pomodoro" (25 minutes focused work without interruption).
If we allow ourself to be interrupted, the pomodoro is cancelled, no point is awarded.
It is the same approach recommended in the Productivity Journal.
And it was very good at training the brain to disregard any distraction during each 25 minutes of focused work:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wlxd.pomochallenge&hl=en_GB

Any of you already tried one of these apps?

Last edited:

lejus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 8, 2017
UK
I will give that app a try.

I am a bit put off by the game-like screenshots that might not look serious enough for my ego at work :p

But a habit gamifying app may help put in place habits through Cue -> Craving -> Habit/Process -> Reward

Cf. the book "Atomic Habits" discussed on the forum this month:
BOOK - Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review & Discussion)

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Since I'm quite impressed with Habitica, I did a search to see if sthg similar existed to track fitness progress.

I bumped into this article: it's a list of apps selected by an expert in gamification: https://yukaichou.com/lifestyle-gamification/the-top-ten-gamified-productivity-apps/

Among the apps listed, I will give a go at Fitocracy and also at Super Better:
Fitocracy (gamified fitness app)
SuperBetter ("life improvement" app)

The TED talk from the SuperBetter designer was impressive and interesting:
The game that can give you 10 extra years of life

She mentions how such an app can help in many more ways than just improving productivity.

Initially she designed the 1st version of the app for herself: to keep improving her condition a little bit each day at a time when she was considering suicide because of her physical condition and the daily pain she had to endure.

The TED talk is worth watching: SuperBetter

The official aim of the app is: "help build personal resilience: the ability to stay strong, motivated, and optimistic even in the face of a tough challenge".

In terms of pure productivity app, to come back to the topic of the thread, since I like using pomodoros I will give a try at the Productivity Challenge Timer app

Because I like how it forces us to complete each "pomodoro" (25 minutes focused work without interruption).
If we allow ourself to be interrupted, the pomodoro is cancelled, no point is awarded.
It is the same approach recommended in the Productivity Journal.
And it was very good at training the brain to disregard any distraction during each 25 minutes of focused work:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wlxd.pomochallenge&hl=en_GB

Any of you already tried one of these apps?

Man this is epic post. I will definitely watch this TED talk, and I will check all of those apps but pomodoro caught my eye too. There is 10 hours of work chellenge on habitica but I am looking for something more efficient to be honest. It worked for me but not always.

This all reminds me of morning pages:
Morning Pages | Julia Cameron Live
IT is primarly creativity technique but I use it time to time and there was the time when I used it everyda and it definately helps you decluter your mind. People underestimate power of handwriting.

.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 18, 2016
Belgium, Europe
This all reminds me of morning pages:
Morning Pages | Julia Cameron Live
... it definately helps you decluter your mind. People underestimate power of handwriting.

I once read that Tim Ferris was using that technique daily (the exercise comes from Julia's book "The Artist's Way" which seems to be fairly well known among artists and creative people)

I tested the pomello challenge app I mentioned above. But it is too simplistic.
So for now, I will stick to the non-gamified "Focus To-Do" app for the pomodoros.

And I still want to test the pomelloapp recommended by RazorCut in conjunction with Trello, to see if it is is better than the "Focus To-Do" app

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
If you need some Ideas, here's a woman who talks about planners, scheduling, and different types of planning. You might even be able to get her to spread the news about your product if you have planners, calendars etc.

Annie

lejus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 8, 2017
UK
If you need some Ideas, here's a woman who talks about planners, scheduling, and different types of planning. You might even be able to get her to spread the news about your product if you have planners, calendars etc.

Annie

Looks good. This is technique my friend is using:
WTF Is A Bullet Journal And Why Should You Start One? An Explainer
It is excellent if you ask me but I prefer more simplistic approaches, so 5 tasks a day + pomodoro +daily habits implemented into habitica all the way, but again ppl are different they like different techniques so it's best to share all information and everyone can find their own way.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Looks good. This is technique my friend is using:
WTF Is A Bullet Journal And Why Should You Start One? An Explainer
It is excellent if you ask me but I prefer more simplistic approaches, so 5 tasks a day + pomodoro +daily habits implemented into habitica all the way, but again ppl are different they like different techniques so it's best to share all information and everyone can find their own way.
Just sharing resources with who needs them. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.