- Joined
- May 1, 2011
- Messages
- 9,312
Rep Bank
$8,562
$8,562
User Power: 441%
Anyone into rap from the 90s or early 00s?
I grew up listening mostly to West Coast rap (particularly g-funk).
I was initially obsessed with 2Pac, to the point I listened exclusively to his songs for years. I had dozens, if not hundreds of rare, unreleased songs (often in terrible quality but I didn't mind it).
I then expanded my interests to the entire Death Row family (Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Nate Dogg, Warren G, Tha Dogg Pound) and then beyond it (DJ Quik, MC Eiht, Eazy-E, B.G. Knocc Out & Dresta, 2nd II None, Foesum, The Twinz, Ice Cube, WC, Lil 1/2 Dead, South Central Cartel, Suga Free, and many more), eventually listening to even the most obscure gangsta rap downloaded from some Blogspot blog.
I eventually moved on to other regions of the US. I fell in love with Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (to this day, it's my favorite rap group): all group albums, all solo albums, all associated albums. I also enjoyed other artists from the Midwest (like Twista, Do or Die, or Crucial Conflict).
I'm not that super familiar with East Coast rap but I still like artists like Biggie, Nas, Big Pun, Guru, and Naughty by Nature.
I'd say that southern rap is probably my least favorite though there are still some artists and groups I like such as Devin the Dude, Scarface, and Geto Boys.
I grew up listening mostly to West Coast rap (particularly g-funk).
I was initially obsessed with 2Pac, to the point I listened exclusively to his songs for years. I had dozens, if not hundreds of rare, unreleased songs (often in terrible quality but I didn't mind it).
I then expanded my interests to the entire Death Row family (Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Nate Dogg, Warren G, Tha Dogg Pound) and then beyond it (DJ Quik, MC Eiht, Eazy-E, B.G. Knocc Out & Dresta, 2nd II None, Foesum, The Twinz, Ice Cube, WC, Lil 1/2 Dead, South Central Cartel, Suga Free, and many more), eventually listening to even the most obscure gangsta rap downloaded from some Blogspot blog.
I eventually moved on to other regions of the US. I fell in love with Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (to this day, it's my favorite rap group): all group albums, all solo albums, all associated albums. I also enjoyed other artists from the Midwest (like Twista, Do or Die, or Crucial Conflict).
I'm not that super familiar with East Coast rap but I still like artists like Biggie, Nas, Big Pun, Guru, and Naughty by Nature.
I'd say that southern rap is probably my least favorite though there are still some artists and groups I like such as Devin the Dude, Scarface, and Geto Boys.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
