The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

60 Days of 60 Minutes of Meditation - Let's Not Do Anything Together

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
45 minutes. sex and sin in thoughts. lol. need to find a calm place and go sit there in one of the little poses and practice calming / mindfulness. will have some time over the holiday here to find those spots.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 10

I had a good sleep, so it was mostly calm for me. I researched sitting positions for meditation, because it was uncomfortable for me to lay against the wall and switch my legs 3-4 times. I found out that you should be using a cushion for sitting, so that your hips are higher than your legs. This definitely improved my quality of meditation since I only switched my legs 2 times and I didn't rely on resting my back against the wall.

I tried doing some form of visual meditation, but it didn't work out-- plus I felt as if I'm forcing myself to visualize instead of relaxing and letting things be. Once that happens, visualization comes naturally for me and meditation is starting to grow on me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
You can go into these sessions with the idea of total mind clearing as a goal or you can set an intent.

If you choose to set an intent you simply tell yourself what that will be prior to the session.

It can be simple or complex. Like, "show me what blocks I have to overcome in my business". Or, "how can I get more from meditation?". Anything you want to focus on. Let your inner self tell you.

It's not always simple to decipher but you will tell yourself through one or more of your senses.

Works the same way with dreams. Set an intent or ask yourself a question before you fall asleep. Also ask to remember the key parts of your dreams.

Of course you can keep it simple and just clear your mind. There are many ways to meditate.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Day 16 completed.

Not as easy as the previous days but still good. I tried counting breaths and didnt work out that well, I get easily distracted.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 11 completed.

I woke up tired so it was hard to stay focused.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 11

I had to wake up early so my sleep wasn't great, but surprisingly my meditation was calm.
One thing I found out during meditation was whenever I'm attached to an idea or view of myself, I found it a little easier to accept them and focused on breathing as a way to let the ideas go.

As Christmas is coming near, I wish you all a very early Merry Christmas!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco im curious if your a spiritual dude? I saw vegan on one of your bio’s. what are your thoughts on the spiritual aspects of life?

Not sure what constitutes a "spiritual dude" but I can tell you without question, I am NOT religious. I gave up on organized religion (essentially humans coveting a chosen theology, usually based on tradition or geography) many years ago. For years, I was a practicing Christian but soon left that ideology the more I studied alternate philosophies, and the more I realized that no religion could be the "truth" because humanity itself is run by the ego ... essentially corruption, or as a Christian would say, "sin". (A whole another story.)

But I do meditate, or at least, I try. I'm also a curious study (not quite a discipline yet) in Zen and Buddhism.

And since you mention being vegan, that is for mostly humanitarian reasons. I refuse to participate in the killing of animals who are as intelligent and emotional, and in many cases, more so, than my family dog. Since I can't kill a cow or a chicken or a pig, I refuse to pay someone to do it behind closed doors. Like most of the world, I don't live in the Alaskan bush and need to hunt for my dinner. I see the murder of animals in the name of entertainment and sensual pleasures an genocidal atrocity ... a Script so to speak.

BTW, I went vegan in 2017 at the same time I wrote Unscripted . I was researching "scripts" and carnism was one I uncovered. The more I looked into it, the more I was disgusted. Despite a lot of resistance from my taste buds and my traditional desires for flavor, I couldn't reconcile the continued practice of eating meat. Ultimately, I determined that the mass genocide of various species was the biggest "script" in the world, even more so than "go to school, get a job, and work for 50 years" script. It was a difficult decision for me to make, but then it became easy ... once I realized that the practice resonated with my soul, I don't even think about it anymore.

That said, I've never been happier in my life, and more at peace... even with all the BS that is going on in the world.

Zubz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto
Not sure what constitutes a "spiritual dude" but I can tell you without question, I am NOT religious. I gave up on organized religion (essentially humans coveting a chosen theology, usually based on tradition or geography) many years ago. For years, I was a practicing Christian but soon left that ideology the more I studied alternate philosophies, and the more I realized that no religion could be the "truth" because humanity itself is run by the ego ... essentially corruption, or as a Christian would say, "sin". (A whole another story.)

But I do meditate, or at least, I try. I'm also a curious study (not quite a discipline yet) in Zen and Buddhism.

And since you mention being vegan, that is for mostly humanitarian reasons. I refuse to participate in the killing of animals who are as intelligent and emotional, and in many cases, more so, than my family dog. Since I can't kill a cow or a chicken or a pig, I refuse to pay someone to do it behind closed doors. Like most of the world, I don't live in the Alaskan bush and need to hunt for my dinner. I see the murder of animals in the name of entertainment and sensual pleasures an genocidal atrocity ... a Script so to speak.

BTW, I went vegan in 2017 at the same time I wrote Unscripted . I was researching "scripts" and carnism was one I uncovered. The more I looked into it, the more I was disgusted. Despite a lot of resistance from my taste buds and my traditional desires for flavor, I couldn't reconcile the continued practice of eating meat. Ultimately, I determined that the mass genocide of various species was the biggest "script" in the world, even more so than "go to school, get a job, and work for 50 years" script. It was a difficult decision for me to make, but then it became easy ... once I realized that the practice resonated with my soul, I don't even think about it anymore.

That said, I've never been happier in my life, and more at peace... even with all the BS that is going on in the world.
@MJ DeMarco i love the authenticity in that response. Thanks for replying. That is something I have been battling with myself, the aspect of religion and philosophy. I have always wondered about religion and what is the truth of life and Existence. Recently looking into people who have had near death experiences, and there’s so much I don’t know. As for religion I don’t agree with any organized religion especially since I grew up in a Muslim household. It was like having beliefs shoved down your throat. Follow up question for you, do you believe in life after death? Or do you not try to think about these kinds of topics?

Barracuda

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Jul 2, 2020
The Promenade Towers
Day 7 completed.
You can go into these sessions with the idea of total mind clearing as a goal or you can set an intent.

If you choose to set an intent you simply tell yourself what that will be prior to the session.

It can be simple or complex. Like, "show me what blocks I have to overcome in my business". Or, "how can I get more from meditation?". Anything you want to focus on. Let your inner self tell you.

It's not always simple to decipher but you will tell yourself through one or more of your senses.

Works the same way with dreams. Set an intent or ask yourself a question before you fall asleep. Also ask to remember the key parts of your dreams.

Of course you can keep it simple and just clear your mind. There are many ways to meditate.
I tried this. I went in with a simple intent. I just asked one question, and made sure the question didn't distract me. I focused on my breath, i wasn't thinking at all to find the answer to my question. They just came to me effortlessly. I had to write them down after i finished.
There's a quote....“Learning is finding out what you already know. ...”
Here's a video from sadhguru on it:
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=al0B8qUkayw

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 12 completed.

I'm starting to notice a little bit more mindfulness in my everyday actions and interactions. For example, I'm now more aware when I'm planning what to say next instead of giving full attention to what the other person is saying.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
Had a great session. Day 7 is completed! I'm really using Steve-o's methods. And spending time in gratitude, spending time being gentle(because of the times today). It has been fun. And going really quickly. I'm really enjoying myself.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 12

While my irritability has been tested yesterday, I like to think I managed it better. I also was able to meditate today despite there being many people in the house.

Merry Christmas everyone!

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
  • I tried @SteveO 's cabin meditation and it helped me release tension while listening to myself
  • Lately, I have been setting some small goals and have been reaching them by going "micro" aka staying present

• What's the next small step to working out?
    • Put on the workout socks, sweats, and rash guard
    • Once I have those on, it has been key to getting to working out
  • What's the next small step to prepping meals?
    • Set a reminder to thaw the frozen salmon, chicken, beef, or whatever it is

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
  • I tried @SteveO 's cabin meditation and it helped me release tension while listening to myself
  • Lately, I have been setting some small goals and have been reaching them by going "micro" aka staying present

• What's the next small step to working out?
    • Put on the workout socks, sweats, and rash guard
    • Once I have those on, it has been key to getting to working out
  • What's the next small step to prepping meals?
    • Set a reminder to thaw the frozen salmon, chicken, beef, or whatever it is
It reminds me of the idea of tiny habits, where if you wanna start doing something you take a very small step and then build up from there.

I was speaking with a friend and with his goals/habits he was trying to take giant steps while what he should be doing is just a bit more of what he is used to rather than taking a big jump towards the next dimension.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Day 18 done.

Good session overall, it went by very fast but I spent a lot of time thinking about trivial stuff. Have any of you guys seen an increase in their ability to get into "deep work" during the challenge?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 13 completed.

Not sure if it's related to meditation or not, but I was in a stressful situation today and I think that I controlled my anxiety better than before. Maybe it's unrelated, maybe it is. Either way, it was good not to let the anxiety completely take control over me.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 13

Whew, that was close. I almost missed a day of meditation today.
I wasn't able to manage and protect my time with my meditation session, so I finally was able to do it as of this post. Because I usually meditate the first thing I get up in the morning after waking up and showering.

It's really easy to lose track, make easy excuses, and stop the habit when you're deep into it.

Protect your time everyone.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 14 completed.

Felt much longer than usual but it's done.

It's really easy to lose track, make easy excuses, and stop the habit when you're deep into it.

100%. I woke up too late yesterday and had to leave soon but knew I had to squeeze in a session before leaving. The risk of postponing it for the evening and then not doing it was too big.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Day 19 completed.

@MTF It also felt super long for me today! Although the majority of it was good, there were some moments of silence and reflection.

About waking up later, special attention to the day after New Years Eve. Try to see where can you fit that 1 hr into your schedules.

Harsha Vardhan

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA
How do you guys meditate?
Normally I use headspace to meditate normally around 5 - 10 mins per day
But didn't feel anything
And I don't know using headspace is good to meditate or not?

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
@MTF - day whatever lol. I said I'd do 10 days, but I have seen the value of longer session. So now I will just do it.

Some sessions are better than the other. I find that there are much better when am fasted for at least 11 hrs.

I have been struggling with just listening to my mental chatter, like Naval does, without focusing on my breath. I think it is because I am trying to not focus on my breath, which is creating a chatter. I think I will just let it go.

I am very big on breathing. I practice few breathing techniques daily. I find that when I am getting frustrated and can't let go, few Ujahi breaths (with the mouth closed at the exhale) help to reset everything.

(@Black_Dragon43, maybe this can help with reducing your resting HR?)

View: https://youtu.be/IQrsJ-yZWV8

Last edited:

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 14

I probably fidgeted too much during my meditation and it definitely felt long, but I managed to complete it.
I had to keep reminding myself to let go of holding on to time, otherwise that would defeat the whole point of meditating. Trusting in my ability to set that timer and forget about anything is still kind of tough for me when my thoughts get anxious if I set the timer, or if the alarm doesn't go off.

46 more days to go!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.