The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
Hi Fastlaners,

My name is Carlos, I'm from the UK, the business will be conducted from here. I'm 26 years old and live in Birmingham, UK.

Me and 2 friends got the idea to share resources, ambition and time to create a business we are familiar with from the affiliate side. But we're a little clueless as to what to set it up as, llc, sole trader etc.

The business we are going to start is CPA marketing/ Affiliate marketing.

My question

I wish to know if anyone has started such business if not can you point me in the right direction to someone who has done it? I know people who have setup campaigns and what not but we want to go into this and all future endeavors as entrepreneurs, not individuals who just make quick marketing campaigns.

We aren't going into this blind, we understand the mechanics of this business model, I'd just like to get a skeleton to be inspired by.

Thanks for reading and if you feel I have missed anything out, please say so.

Carlos

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

poseidn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 1, 2016
Why do you need 3 people to start this? Are you focusing on CPA or affiliate marketing? Or both? You'd find that they are fairly different with fairly different communities.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Working on a business with friends is one the biggest mistakes you can make, tip for ya

SOMEONE will always slack off

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hi Carlos,

You could set up as a partnership of the 3 of you or as a Limited Company (I don't know if there is such a thing as a LLC in the UK) Are you sure you don't mean LLP?

The most logical form your new business would take would probably be a Limited Company. Not difficult or expensive to set up.

I can vouch for Rapidformations as a decent company to use. They also handle Limited Liability Partnerships as well if it is more appropriate (never had cause to form one myself).

I'm not sure I get this. You are going to work as a collective doing affiliate marketing selling other peoples products?

Why do you need to tie everyone together as a single business entity? Do you all have different skills which means you can only work together rather than perform all functions alone? In other words one of you is good with copy, another with graphic design, another with data management and analysis but you all suck at each others roles?

Oh and be very aware that @sparechange is bang on the money with his comment.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
You might see a common theme here that a lot of people are against having friends for business partners, and most of those people are speaking from experience or observations.

I’ve been there before where I started up something with my college buddies and there was this one dude that was just dead weight. Of course the business was a failure, and I got very little return from it other than the lesson everyone on here is warning you about.

If you and your friends believe that you all can do it together, get a legal document making it clear that you all are partners and have distinct responsibilities

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
If you’re going to start a business with friends then please for the love of god write up a contract outlining the EXACT responsibilities of each member involved.

Also outline what will happen should one person fail to deliver on his responsibilities, and how money/assets are divided should it not work out and y’all split up.

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
I wouldn't think of being in a partnership. I've seen a few implode and presently someone close to me is having MAJOR problems in theirs - and they have a pretty in depth contact! This needs to be one persons business and the others are either sub-contractors or employees.

Nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Dec 3, 2017
United Kingdom
I will echo the other messages here.

My first venture was with family members. We put problems aside in the end, but I would not do it again. As negative as it sounds, the job is best done yourself.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
Currently, I have been reading through TMFL and Unscripted and I am reading Dotcom Secrets.

I've been teaching myself FB Advertising and building on the skills I need to build a brand, not a business.

I've been assimilating the information and I have also built my sales funnel ready to launch the end of the month.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.