The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

29 Years old: Just bought my 2nd Lambo (not clickbait)

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
Thank you all so much for the kind words and some laughs! You guys are the best :)

Congrats man! When did you determine the time was right to buy the lambo?
@Envision I knew it was the right time when the monthly payment wouldn't alter my investment ability at all. It is also the right time knowing that I could own it for 1-2 years and still likely break even when selling it (aside from any maintenance/interest pmt).

Damn! FN Congrats man!! Marked NOTABLE for accomplishing a big goal!

I owned my first Lambo for a couple of years and the NET loss on the buy to sell was only like $8,000. Of course there is maintenance and stuff, but damn, sometimes you have to look at these things from start to finish... not what it costs initially.

@MJ DeMarco - So true, MJ! Just like in real estate (or business acquisition)... with used cars - you "make your money" (or protect your downside) when you buy; not when you sell!

Thank you for the NOTABLE nod my friend!

Well done @G_Alexander

Its epic. One of my favorite threads on the forum.

@Fox Thanks buddy, hope everything is well with you =)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tiagosoares17.22

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 5, 2017
Porto, Portugal
I was just having one of those less good days, came to the forum, opened this thread and I swear it gave me a kick of "motivation" and immediately put me to work on a few things. Only after finishing those tasks I came here to finish to read the post and leave this comment.

Wishing you all the best so you can keep killing it ;)

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
Dude that thing looks bad a$$. Can't wait to drive it next time I'm in Chicago. ;)

@biophase Thanks brother!

Paradise Pup burger, coming right up next time you're in town! Or we can pick a burger place further away to get more seat time :playful::p

Last edited:

keith4444

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 13, 2018
UK
Congrats G Alexander!
I love lambos too (the Aventador in my profile pic was one of the best cars I’ve ever driven one day i will own one for sure!)
I’m going to find and read your journey thread now
Awesome post!
Keith

fastbo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 26, 2017
Orlando, FL
Fellow 6 speed G owner (2007 G Spyder). Fantastic car if I must say so. You won't lose much on depreciation. They're pretty much bottomed out and the 6 speeds are very very hard to find. Exotics always go through a U shaped depreciation curve - they bottom out then trend up.

As far as exotics go, you've bought one that will depreciate less than a midrange BMW or Mercedes which is a pretty smart move.

Ray Goslin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Dec 13, 2016
9 and 1/2 years ago, when I was just 18 years old, I hit the "join" button on a forum that would forever change my life. I was already an entrepreneur at heart - and had tried a few things - but I had now found a like-minded group to share ideas and thoughts with. This catalyst was the equivalent of adding rocket fuel to my entrepreneurial gas tank. While I had to put in thousands (and thousands) of hours of work + critical thinking and trial and error - there is no doubt in my mind that this journey was sped up by a few years thanks to @MJ DeMarco (and others thanked in numerous other threads of mine).

What will 9 years get you on this forum? A gated 6-speed Lamborghini Gallardo (if that floats your boat). More importantly it will get you a new line of thinking (UNSCRIPTED ), an appreciation of your most valuable asset (TIME), and the ability to appreciate FAILURE.

I'm nervous even posting about this, because it feels a bit unreal to me. Truly, I keep telling my friends who know about it that it "doesn't feel real" or "doesn't feel like it's mine yet". But this past Saturday I bought her and drove her 700 miles home (with my girlfriend of 11 years, who has been here this whole journey) back to Chicago. Had about 300 pictures taken by strangers along the way haha.

28361147079_897de9ec79_b.jpg

40141410661_658a1e7cc7_b.jpg

If you asked 18 year old me what my goals were, I would have said "7,000SF house, multiple Lamborghinis, Own a Sports Team, etc.)... but as I have conquered larger obstacles and "grown up" a bit... my goals shifted. I still plan on owning multiple Lambos (I love everything about them, the artwork of the design, the engineering and power, the sound, the drama, etc.)... but getting this car was an important reminder to me that success is not a destination. It is a way of life (for me, having my TIME to myself).

If success were a destination, then that destination would forever elude you (i.e. you get to $10M in networth, you want $50M next...etc. etc.)... In that scenario you are never truly happy. I think coming to know that the ride is what is important is such an overused but MEGA important reminder. Owning this car is a reminder that I need to enjoy the ride and not hoard every available line of credit/dollar for business deals only. And, at the end of the day I got this particular Lambo because I believe I can drive it for 1-2 years and not lose money on it (barring any acts of God) - which is exactly what I did with my 911 Turbo (sold for $1,000 more than I paid for it originally, after 8,000 miles of enjoyment).

My favorite things on this journey (aside from the new friends I have made along the way) has been tackling challenges I set for myself, helping my employees grow (who are now like my family), and becoming a better human being through personal development. Make it your mission to serve others (employees, customers, etc.) and your success will be a bi-product. That is my new goal in life. I'm sure it will lead to more Lambos :cool:

Cheers to the first (of hopefully many)!

Get started today guys. Have no fear. Just take calculated chances.
Alex
Great job Alex. Personal development is the best investment. Most don't realise it. Best, Ray

Lucid Tech

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 2, 2016
I knew it was the right time when the monthly payment wouldn't alter my investment ability at all.

This one sentence fully encapsulates your previous quote that "success is not a destination."

Not altering your ability to make investments shows you're still hungry, still moving forward, still making moves.

Great job and congrats @G_Alexander

Arrived2015

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 30, 2014
England
G_Alexander said:
Have no fear. Just take calculated chances.

Exactly!!

Well done and a very, very, very inspirational post especially for those who've yet to see or touch their end goal - yet!
:clap::

Wonder what your next post will be in 8.5years????

Yes I know this arrival was 9.5years but why wait another 9.5years to tick off another accomplishment?

Better still, come back with another goal/target accomplished new thread update that was even quicker to achieve in terms of years very, very soon!

G_Alexander said:
Get started today guys.
Not forgetting the females here too!
;)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I knew it was the right time when the monthly payment wouldn't alter my investment ability at all. It is also the right time knowing that I could own it for 1-2 years and still likely break even when selling it (aside from any maintenance/interest pmt).

Say in the voice of a pathetic Slowlaner...

Dude, but if you put that in an index fund that makes 8% a year, you''ll be throwing away $62,000 by the time you're 80! Bad move! Wait until you're 80!

EricFromCanada

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 19, 2017
Canada
9 and 1/2 years ago, when I was just 18 years old, I hit the "join" button on a forum that would forever change my life. I was already an entrepreneur at heart - and had tried a few things - but I had now found a like-minded group to share ideas and thoughts with. This catalyst was the equivalent of adding rocket fuel to my entrepreneurial gas tank. While I had to put in thousands (and thousands) of hours of work + critical thinking and trial and error - there is no doubt in my mind that this journey was sped up by a few years thanks to @MJ DeMarco (and others thanked in numerous other threads of mine).

What will 9 years get you on this forum? A gated 6-speed Lamborghini Gallardo (if that floats your boat). More importantly it will get you a new line of thinking (UNSCRIPTED ), an appreciation of your most valuable asset (TIME), and the ability to appreciate FAILURE.

I'm nervous even posting about this, because it feels a bit unreal to me. Truly, I keep telling my friends who know about it that it "doesn't feel real" or "doesn't feel like it's mine yet". But this past Saturday I bought her and drove her 700 miles home (with my girlfriend of 11 years, who has been here this whole journey) back to Chicago. Had about 300 pictures taken by strangers along the way haha.

If you asked 18 year old me what my goals were, I would have said "7,000SF house, multiple Lamborghinis, Own a Sports Team, etc.)... but as I have conquered larger obstacles and "grown up" a bit... my goals shifted. I still plan on owning multiple Lambos (I love everything about them, the artwork of the design, the engineering and power, the sound, the drama, etc.)... but getting this car was an important reminder to me that success is not a destination. It is a way of life (for me, having my TIME to myself).

If success were a destination, then that destination would forever elude you (i.e. you get to $10M in networth, you want $50M next...etc. etc.)... In that scenario you are never truly happy. I think coming to know that the ride is what is important is such an overused but MEGA important reminder. Owning this car is a reminder that I need to enjoy the ride and not hoard every available line of credit/dollar for business deals only. And, at the end of the day I got this particular Lambo because I believe I can drive it for 1-2 years and not lose money on it (barring any acts of God) - which is exactly what I did with my 911 Turbo (sold for $1,000 more than I paid for it originally, after 8,000 miles of enjoyment).

My favorite things on this journey (aside from the new friends I have made along the way) has been tackling challenges I set for myself, helping my employees grow (who are now like my family), and becoming a better human being through personal development. Make it your mission to serve others (employees, customers, etc.) and your success will be a bi-product. That is my new goal in life. I'm sure it will lead to more Lambos :cool:

Alex
Looks amazing! Congrats on achieving one of your goals. This post really puts the idea of the process into perspective. I will definitely be going through and reading your progress threads. Thanks again for taking the time to post this!

WarWizard

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 22, 2014
Maitland, Australia

Alex

Well done. :)
Congratulations on making it through the process, growing and now inspiring.

NickB

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jan 19, 2018
Colorado
Congrats, you've definitely put in the hours!

Looking forward to reading your old progress threads,it looks like we might have a lot in common. (Stayed in corporate finance long enough to get my CFA and CMA.)

DifficultTruth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Nov 22, 2016
Just came back to the forum from a stint away and this is one of the first ones I see. I remember reading your thread on living rent free, and your progress thread, which I am going to go catch up on. Thank you for posting this, seeing this is what I needed right now. You have worked hard and it shows, and thank you for giving back to this community. Look forward to more posts like this in the future from you and you're an inspiration to myself and I am sure countless others.

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria

Alex
Congratulations Alexander.Thanks for this post.This is a big inspiration for me.I'm 19 years old now and seeing this thread is a reminder that I too can make it.May success continue to be with you.Once again,CONGRATULATIONS!!

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
And after meeting you at the summit just made me respect the process the hustle and the movement even more; such a humble and simple presence that has mastered the principles of TMF . Keep it up and please post pics of any other lambs you may acquire in the near future.

Gunther Herzog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 22, 2018
Switzerland, at the lake of Lucerne
Amazing!

So proud of you @G_Alexander !
What will 9 years get you on this forum? A gated 6-speed Lamborghini Gallardo (if that floats your boat).
Especially inspiring is to me, that you did mention the process as well, instead of only showing the event. That kind of takes the <its impossible>, <I could never do that> away. Then one thinks <In 9 years of hard work, I also could achieve something great like this!>

I will continue on the road to wealth. Great finish, love it.

You deserve that lambo @G_Alexander, I wish you a lot of fun with it.:cool:

juba.hadjal

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
May 14, 2017
FR
(with my girlfriend of 11 years, who has been here this whole journey)

I am 29 years old and I am with my wife since 19 years old. She kicks my a$$ every day and motivates me to do what I have to do. When you have someone who loves you really hard, you want them to be proud, I can realate.

she helped me when I was depressed and disoriented and helps me achieve my goals. Great you found a loved one who cares about you and your success in life. I guess she deserved that ride.

Congrats on your Lamborghini, even if I will never understand why such cars exist. lol

Thanks for your post.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.