The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2020 Lead Generation Strategies - What Works? (B2B)

Marketing, social media, advertising

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I target Agency Owners and I thought LinkedIn would be a gold mine in 2020.

I'm currently doing 100 outbound messages/day + doing 1 engaging (non spammy) post per day.

While I've been generating leads from it, it has been a bit underwhelming.

For B2B Lead Gen (mainly marketing agencies) - What channels or strategies do you think would work well in 2020?

It feels like all of the channels are saturated.

I'm going to look into Facebook Groups + Influencer Marketing next, whilst still doing LinkedIn.

Anyone doing B2B Lead Gen for 2020?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I'm currently doing 100 outbound messages/day + doing 1 engaging (non spammy) post per day.

For B2B Lead Gen (mainly marketing agencies) - What channels or strategies do you think would work well in 2020?

I'm going to look into Facebook Groups + Influencer Marketing next, whilst still doing LinkedIn.

I suppose I’m a marketing agency owner on LinkedIn. Maybe I’m your target market?

The reason I don’t log in anymore is because my inbox is too full of spam.

What is your message like?

I find the LinkedIn news feed appalling and even less interesting than my Facebook feed.

“We’re delighted to be nominated for...”

“I’m delighted to achieve ...”

(Huh? Who talks like that?)

What are you posting?

Sophie_Leonard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 26, 2019
UK
B2B lead generation is hard because you can’t just copy and paste a strategy that works for someone else. Stuff that works for one business might completely fail for another business.

Generating quality leads is the backbone of a good B2B marketing strategy, and establishing a strong connection will ensure you maintain a steady growth rate.

The key is finding a strategy that works for you, and in most cases for me, the effective lead generation tactic is “content”. It completely depends on knowing your audience and how they interact with your business.

According to me effective lead generation results come from experimenting with different tactics, and to combine tactics across multiple channels.

You can refer to the article “B2B Lead Generation – 11 Tips and Strategies for 2020” written by Marcus Svensson.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I also run a marketing agency.

There is no one secret marketing channel that will get me to buy whatever someone is selling.

What will get me to buy what someone is selling, is a persuasive solution to a problem that I have presented at the time that I need it.

I don't care if I see that message on LinkedIn, Facebook, smoke signals, fast lane forum thread, if I see something that I need, I'm going to buy it.

Of course I'm usually Googling for the answer, so I'll let you guess what kind of agency I run.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
what are the "underwhelming" results? are you doing like, meet leonard auto connects?

I was looking into this earlier today and thinking one method might be to simply "view" lots of profiles a day and then the ones that view your profile would be the ones to engage. Higher opening rates etc

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
So I definitely like the "view lots of profiles but dont send connect requests then message them once they view you back" angle.

Lets your profile break the Ice, although I am still maxing out my connection requests daily I'm having a slow drip of profile views from people I visited over a week ago and they seem more...open to communicate than the people I've simply spammed with connection requests and a pre-made script.

Kind of a catch 22 being in marketing / lead generation. You're first impression is simply spamming an inbox!

Solid Snake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 23, 2019
USA
cold calling and cold emailing work and is the bread and butter of many saas companies in their outbound teams

these guys have great tactics/execution which is why they work so well for them

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
cold calling and cold emailing work and is the bread and butter of many saas companies in their outbound teams

Im running dux soup with sales navigator and its amazing what you can pull from a profile for attempts to contact off of the platform.

Solid Snake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 23, 2019
USA
Im running dux soup with sales navigator and its amazing what you can pull from a profile for attempts to contact off of the platform.

i used to get leads manually and that was the fastest way i knew how to get large pools of data to get emails from.

now what i do is find freelancers on upwork and charge 15 cents per verified email. some of them are bad, some of them are good. once you find the good ones, you save so much time and money.

before i was paying 15 bucks per month for dux soup and $45+ for an email verification tool on top of sales navigator

im sure you can find the best value freelancers for phone numbers as well

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
I’d be considered your target market. I also do b2b.

If I don’t know/know of someone, it is really unlikelyfor me to build a b2b relationship.

I’ve been intrigued by cold callers and people’s LinkedIn approaches, but they never follow up so I keep moving forward.

I buy lots of SaaS things for myself. I find those from searches and word of mouth. The nice part is I buy those on my timeline.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
are you doing any email marketing campaigns cold or not? landing pages or just dripped messages for initial phone?

Emails help with phone follow up. They are just for making multiple contacts, so the person goes, oh I’ve heard of you...

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Emails help with phone follow up. They are just for making multiple contacts, so the person goes, oh I’ve heard of you...

Right right , but hows it actually working for you?

I mean , emails free or cheap but spam filters aren't exactly new technology. I cant recall the last time I opened an email from someone who I wasn't subscribed to.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Right right , but hows it actually working for you?

I mean, emails free or cheap but spam filters aren't exactly new technology. I cant recall the last time I opened an email from someone who I wasn't subscribed to.

The email and calling Helps me close an extra 1-2 a week. Other people find us from our ranking and ads.(1-2 week)

In reality, Most of my sales are referrals and working my existing book. That is because I take the pains to communicate with my clients and have the best follow-through. (3-4 week)

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Build your own FB group. Worth its weight in gold.

SD Entrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 12, 2019
San Diego, CA

I also do B2B business development/lead generation for my business. LinkedIn is great for finding the right people/contacts but messaging them on LinkedIn has never given me good results. I get much better response rates after finding their email address and cold emailing them.

I have another post on the forum about this but that strategy landed me a huge client a year or two ago so cold emails can and do still work. The trick is the way you craft your message and USP to get them to respond!

I also use email trackers to know when they open the emails, what % reply, for auto follow ups, etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.