The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

15k Tax Dept With 21

Taxes and regulation

xxlfire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Aug 28, 2017
Germany
Hello,
i am trying to make this as short as possible.
I was earning a good amount of money in 2016.
I also put the tax money on a separate bank account so i cant accidentally spend it.
But after half a year my money was spend and nothing new was coming in anymore.
So i started to use the tax money to buy food etc.

Now i am at a point where the money is gone and i don't know what to do.
The E-Mail that i have to pay the tax money could basically come every day and i don't know what to
do. Its a lot of money, 15k to be specific and i don't know why nothing i am doing is working..
I learned a lot of stuff on here and already know a lot about Facebook Ads etc, i also know that it is possible to make that money since there are people making 100k+ a month in profit.

What got me some sales was Shopify + Facebook Ads. But it wasn't enough at all.
Just like 6 sales in 2 days and then it was over again.

The problem was that i never had earned that much as i did in 2016 and that i couldn't handle
the money and just spend it too fast. Well i learned it the hard way now.
I just don't know what to do right now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
- Talk to a tax advisor to get you more time to pay. You will pay interest on the amount owed. Maybe you need to get a credit to pay the taxes to avoid fees or charges.
- If you don't have business income you have to get a job.
- Next time get a tax advisor, accountant etc from the beginning.

If you want to be successful in business you should be able to come up with these ideas yourself. This is Adult Life 101.

Obviously you shouldn't have spent your tax savings and got a job earlier instead, because you're basically F*cked now.

But 15k isn't a lot of money. So probably bullet dodged.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Be aware that the Finanzamt (taxman) won't care about your circumstances and as soon as you get the letter, you will also get a deadline by which you have to have paid your tax (days). The biggest slap in the face is that the "frist" starts from the date they sent it and not when you receive it. I remember when my Dad got a "Nachzahlung" (because they calculated tax payments wrong for 2015) and it was 90k which they had demanded in 2 days. As we were on holiday, he opened the letter late. I remember the stress this had caused because although he expected it, he only put aside 65k for this scenario. He had to borrow the rest from friends which was quite embarrassing.

Point of the story is that the German tax man is ruthless (as the case in many other countries).
Sell what you have, borrow, credit and get jobs that pay you right now.

Even if 15k doesn't sound that much they will come after you.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
If I were in your shoes, I would get a job. Learn business skills on the side, and try again once you dig yourself out of the place you're in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

xxlfire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Aug 28, 2017
Germany
If I were in your shoes, I would get a job. Learn business skills on the side, and try again once you dig yourself out of the place you're in.

I am pretty sure a job wont bring me enough money in a week or so. Shopify can, like i said i had some sales but then it was over but i keep trying products ofc. But on some products i think that they are cool and might work but they don't. Or my audience targeting is bad because those cpc are just too expensive imo.
rNIfPsymTkOKump_XR_n_A.png

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Wtf. Sounds crazy even for the Finanzamt. Hate those F*ckers. Fortunately have all my ducks in a row, but every single one of their direct debits makes me want to puke.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%