The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

14 y/o wanna-be-highschool(9th grade)- dropout.

Besides the basic knowledge,is the stuff taught in highschool(9-10thgrade)must for entrepreneurship?

• Total voters

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Everyone here thinks I'm biased, egotistical and what not. Cuz "you, you've asked for advice and now you're criticizing all of us cuz the answer that we've all given is the unsexy one. You're an egotistical, a**hole, dumb little kiddo.".
You're 14. In the next ten or so years you'll likely learn that there is a lot of grey area between two absolutes (aka false dichotomies).

From what you've described, you only see two options: a) drop out and start a business, or b) stay in school and condemn yourself forever to a slowlane life.

In the same vein, you might feel as though you are better than your teachers because now you "know the truth" and therefore they aren't worth listening to. This is another false dichotomy: a) that one person can guide you absolutely (e.g. "this person will know if I should drop out or not") or b) no one is worth learning anything from.

You'll also learn to see the difference between absolute criticism and productive advice - most responses in this thread are the latter.

I think you've been offered a powerful learning experience in this thread. Despite your negative attitude, you've continued to receive a lot of advice from quite a few seasoned veterans of business (including MJ himself), instead of being ignored, your thread deleted, or just being (exclusively) laughed at. As @Odysseus M Jones said, you're "churning out shit, but with balls". I think the "with balls" part is why so many people have replied - you have a lot of potential and drive, but you're pointing that towards your own foot right now.

Remember and revisit this thread over the years. I guarantee you'll view it much differently over time. Good luck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Everyone here thinks I'm biased, egotistical and what not. Cuz "you, you've asked for advice and now you're criticizing all of us cuz the answer that we've all given is the unsexy one. You're an egotistical, a**hole, dumb little kiddo.".
It's not worth getting on the bad side of anyone here - because they can help you change your life and want to see you succeed. This forum is a gold mine dude.. Study the information in here and stay in high school. Instead of all this drama posting on here, start using this forum as a tool and drop your ego.

Spending your time arguing with successful people is a big mistake.

I know the kind of mindset you currently have because I had the same mindset not long ago, and i'd be much further along right now if i had just dropped my ego and started listening to smart people at 16.

EDIT: Like dude you have no idea. Seriously drop the ego. When you start reading posts from people like Biophase, Vigilante, Envision, Andy Black, AllenCrawley, JasonR, MJ, Icecreamkid, and Sooooo many others, your mindset will shift. seriously.. ALL of the answers are here

Last edited:

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
You think this thread is about dropping out of high school.

I think this thread is about you being a quitter.

Quitting when things get tough won't work well for you in the real world.

Tough it out and finish high school.
Sir an user named hong kong said" india is third world country and capital and opportunity here are far less". Does that mean our efforts which would reap 80% outcome will reap 50% because of our country. Will you please clarify

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
Sir an user named hong kong said" india is third world country and capital and opportunity here are far less". Does that mean our efforts which would reap 80% outcome will reap 50% because of our country. Will you please clarify
It doesn't matter where you live if you have a stable internet connection and you run your business online.
Be highly competent and provide value to the global market. Where there is internet, there are no borders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
It's not worth getting on the bad side of anyone here - because they can help you change your life and want to see you succeed. This forum is a gold mine dude.. Study the information in here and stay in high school. Instead of all this drama posting on here, start using this forum as a tool and drop your ego.

Spending your time arguing with successful people is a big mistake.

I know the kind of mindset you currently have because I had the same mindset not long ago, and i'd be much further along right now if i had just dropped my ego and started listening to smart people at 16.

EDIT: Like dude you have no idea. Seriously drop the ego. When you start reading posts from people like Biophase, Vigilante, Envision, Andy Black, AllenCrawley, JasonR, MJ, Icecreamkid, and Sooooo many others, your mindset will shift. seriously.. ALL of the answers are here
Agreed!

Keep humble...listen more...ask more.
And follow-up by working on the advice given.

Folks will notice and will be more willing to vouch for you.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Let’s say you don’t learn any science or physics.

One day your car breaks down and the shop says your flux capacitor is broken. But if you put turbo lube in your gas tank you get 30% more mileage. How do you begin decide if he’s telling you the truth?

One day a solar salesperson tells you that his panels can produce enough power for your home. Is he being truthful?

There’s a reason school wants you to be well rounded.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The other thing that you are not taking into account is that when you are in school you will get ideas that would have never entered your brain if you were just sitting at home by yourself.

Do you think Zuckerberg would’ve came up with Facebook if he dropped out of school and just sat home thinking of some type of business to start?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
Do you think Zuckerberg would’ve came up with Facebook if he dropped out of school and just sat home thinking of some type of business to start?
To add to this:
The idea of Facebook came during his time at Harvard, where he was surrounded by the brightest young people on the planet. He dropped out only after it became wildly successful.

Same exact thing did Bill Gates. He met his business partner in school and started MS.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Plant potatoes

And watch them awaken

Lots of little new potatoes

Sell them a franchise

That's a scalable business
He wouldn't even know how to plant potatoes.

Honestly, the biggest issue here is that a 14 year old brain knows hardly anything in the world. It's just crazy for him to think that he can go on and amass knowledge himself at this point without any direction from others.

It's like giving a kid ball and saying, come up with 100 ways to use this ball. He'd come up with just 10 ideas and then you show him baseball, basketball, bowling, or golf, and he'd say "You didn't say that you could use stuff to hit it, or drill holes in it, or throw it at a basket." Then we would answer exactly, "Your brain couldn't imagine this stuff because you weren't exposed to anything other than your known limited imagination."

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Let’s say you don’t learn any science or physics.

One day your car breaks down and the shop says your flux capacitor is broken. But if you put turbo lube in your gas tank you get 30% more mileage. How do you begin decide if he’s telling you the truth?

One day a solar salesperson tells you that his panels can produce enough power for your home. Is he being truthful?

There’s a reason school wants you to be well rounded.
Picking up mental models. How we think and interpret a scenario.

The content in your studies or work always change in time. What stays for a long time (or for life) are mental models.

The other thing that you are not taking into account is that when you are in school you will get ideas that would have never entered your brain if you were just sitting at home by yourself.

More than just dropping out, OP needs to have a plan to replace the networking and teachers with something better.

And that is difficult if you don’t know what that ‘better’ looks like.

That is why we have school clubs and societies. They are a starting ground to teach kids how to begin networking and pick up extras.

I am more convinced now though that the creative process isn’t just some crayon-scrawling . Rather, for everything I write for my job, I have to read tons of articles or forums to give me the words and intuition for the substance.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I'm 14 y/o as you could see in the title. An indian guy, rn in 9th grade. I've read the millionaire fastlane and halfway through the 4 hour work week by tim. In addition to that, I've consumed a lot of business content on yt and articles. Watched all the buisness vidoes of Hamza(he's an youtuber, some of you might know him) as well as his self improvement videos. So, I'm not here merely to attain wisdom and be a leeche. I've some wisdom to provide too. I'm yet to pursue a fastlane business. I haven't had decided it yet. I'm pretty confused. I need to journal and read a chapter of the millionaire fastlane thoroughly again which I'm gonna do after this. So I was about to ask if you guys have some advice for me regarding dropping out. I've been pretty anxious about this for the last week. I'm havin a hard time deciding whether I should drop out and what to do next. So I'd be hella grateful if I get some help fellas. Please help your new homie. And thanks a lot Mj for the millionaire fastlane. I can't express my gratitude for you.

Edit- ugh, so, after reading, reacting, getting offended and disappointment by majority of the comment, I've not realized that I should've given more information regarding me and the situation and my thoughts/plan.

It's my fault that I've mentioned some of the crucial stuff like my routine, why I think education sucks at 9th grade taught in school.
But don't y'all think I'm in 9th grade and I don't have the basic knowledge it requires. It's a no brainer. I certainly do have. Do I need to rationalize the denominator or show under rooted "8" on the frickin number line? Will I ever need it. No way will I.
80% of the stuffs are worthless. For business, I NEED to learn SI,CI,Graphs,profit and loss,equations,data analyzing. And i know all this stuff already from STD-6.

Grammar- there are little to no grammatical mistakes in my comments and even if there's a fair amount of them, then so what? Not to mention the reason why there are some grammatical mistakes mainly preposition cuz my vocabulary ain't that great.So why keep going?Just to learn grammar? What about the other worthless subjects? Not to mention I can easily improve my grammar/vocabulary being here typing this comment, reading selfimprovement books, reading blogs, watching podcasts. You name it.

Science- do i need to know that solids have little to no intermolecular space between them and the most intermolecular force amongst every other state of matter? Huh?
Do I need to know that mitochondria is the powerhouse of cell?
Do I need to know that the atomic number of sodium is 11?

Literature- Hell nah. No of this at all
Hindi- bruhhhhhh. Why does it even exists in the first place?
Sanskrit- F*ck you education minister of india
Education is just a business. School is for employees mainly. You only need the basics and then you're good to go, right? If yes, then why I'm here askin advice? Cuz I'm not sure if it's really true. Let's go a bit deep and find out.

Geography- Himalayas. Why the F*ck do I have to know about it? It's standing minding his own business all the while protecting India. Did he want us to study about it? Hell no.lol

History- someone in the comment mentioned that history is crucial as you can learn stoicism. So i wanna state you my friend that there isn't a single chapter about stoicism. And none of the people in my school know about it and no person that I know is a stoic. Not at all. I already practice stoicism, do I still need it? Do I need to know that to become a judge of a supreme court in India, I need to be a advocate first for at least a decade.????

Economics- there isn't a economic teacher in my school yet. It's been two weeks since my new sessions of school is started. See how irresponsible my school is. Tomorrow me and my friends are gonna complain about this shit two the fatty a$$ principle sitting in ac while we students are getting evaporated.

Now what?
Yeahhhhhhh socializing tududududu.
I've got good social skills(not great still need to learn a lot more). This is literally my goal in life to be hella charismatic and have great relationships. I've good relationships as well as pretty charismatic
I've got a lotta friends.( a girlfriend as well, i know it's not good ti have one at this age but leave it)
English is my second language so it's a bit difficult to articulate myself here.

My leaderships skills and charisma-
I've influenced all of my friends to be on nofap/sr. My little brother 11 years old, is now on full time self improvement just beacuse I've influenced him to be. I'm good at story telling. I can motivate people.
Now you'd say I've tried to influence a guy in the comment to meditate but the refused and now is spektic about.
So i wanna say I haven't even tried half of my best to influence him or her. That was off topic. I just wanted to kind inform him.

Aight so now the question arises how am i gonna better my social skills if I drop out.
I've already decided it. Every other day, I'd go meet my friends and her for half an hour. Done?
And read books on leadership and how to win friends and influence people hy Dale Carnegie and actually apply the knowledge.

Job done.

Now what are the pros and cons of dropping out. A comment has gone through this but it wasn't deep enough(deeeeeep lol).

Here's mah schedule first. The old schedule is changed now cuz so is the school timing.
Workout- 1hour 15 mins - 1 hour 30 mins
Meditation-30 mins( i should be doing 1 hour but gotta sacrifice either grades or effectiveness of my business)
Sleep-8hrs30mins(need to sleep an hour more, i should he sleepin 8 to 9 hours and not to mention that it takes time to actually sleep. I just don't sleep the moment I hit the bed. It takes 20 minutes approximately and what about the fact that I wake up accidentally several times while sleeping?
Study-2hrs self study
Tution- 1hr-1hr 30 mins
Joking around with homies and her-30 mins
School-5 hours
Now how much leisure do I have?
19hrs 30 mins

5hours?
No
45 mintues- taking shit, shower, getting ready, eating(before school)
30 mintues- getting to school and then home
15-minutes- getting to coaching and then home
How much now?
21 hrs so 3 hours of free time.

Is 3 hours a day adequate for a business to grow? And let's say adding free times of weekends and sundays it's now 27 hours a week.(cutted- tuition,school and reaching time on sunday. Moreover, half working days of school on Saturdays that is 3 hours of studying hence 2 more hours on Saturdays).

Is it still adequate enough?
And not to mention the fact that after all this wouldn't I be mentally drained. And consequently resulting in low productivity? What about burnout? It doesn't exist?

Don't me wrong. I'm willing to put in the long hours no matter what. But why do that if I can simply drop the hell outta high school. So why not just drop out. I don't know all the pros and cons at least not majority of them .
This is why I'm asking to you guys.

Is school worth it?
And answer this without having the Any-benefit mindset. Most of the comments I've read have this.
Don't get me wrong. While being grateful, this mindset will help. But not in making crucial decisions.

I don't have a business right now. I've made a YouTube video script(niche-self improvement) but haven't uploaded as I've had decided to continue uploading/workin on the business after completing the book called 4 hour work week which I'm halfway through. I can do affiliate marketing, selling course and merch on YouTube. Hamza does that as well and earns 30k a month with 15k profit. He declared with conviction that by the end of the year, he'd be makin 100k dollars a month.

From reading your post, I can see that you haven't come for advice, you've come for confirmation. YOU want to drop out of school, so you are coming here to get people to agree with you, thus justifying your actions.

Obviously you should finish school, if not for the simple fact that this will get you into finishing things you don't like.

Do you think business is one long lovely skip through the flowers?

Do you think that when you are running your own business you get out of bed everyday singing and whistling as you do tasks that you love and enjoy?

It's hard, just like school. Get used to doing hard stuff. If you quit school at 14, you'll most likely be a quitter all your life, or at least until you realise the merits of doing something because it is hard.

Plus of course, unless you have a rich family who are prepared to bankroll your business ideas, you're going to need a job to save money, in order to start a business.

You will get a better job with a better education.

Finally, in business it is good to come across as educated and knowledgeable, nobody wants to deal with an uneducated fool.

At the end of the day, you're going to do what you're going to do. But my advice is to stick it out for all the reasons above and more.

Good luck.

Losspost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 6, 2020
Everything we said seems to have completely gone over your head. Why? Because it's not what you wanted to hear.

You obviously have a severe case of ADHD. And you can barely use the forum software or structure your thoughts. Not exactly encouraging signs that you'll drop out and make it.

But most importantly, you're EXTREMELY bad at socializing with others. To make it in business, you WILL need social skills - something which I wrote about in my previous post that you also completely glossed over.

You don't have the balls to drop out. You are at BEST of average intelligence for your age. And your personality is not even half-developed yet. Dropping out will likely be the biggest mistake you'll ever make.

F*ck maths or history or whatever other subject. I'm talking about the fact that people will hate you in high school (if they don't already) and think you're in way over your head, which you are. This will lead to growth, a much better understanding of social dynamics, and you becoming a more mature person by the time you graduate.

And even if your hormones at 14 haven't yet told you, you WILL want to bang your hot classmates in school. You WILL get rejected by them because you're a F*cking weirdo. You WILL learn how to be more presentable and attractive to girls. And you WILL get into fights with other guys because people will hate your shitty attitude. And that's exactly how it all should be.

You need to go through the above experiences before even thinking about entrepreneurship or else all you'll have is money (no friends, no romantic relationships, no hobbies) and probably end up killing yourself like so many aged 18-24 guys in India do.

And finally, you're severely overestimating how "good" you'll feel once you have money. Trust me, with all of the above missing from your life, you won't.
I actually want to add to this. I do have ADHD and because of that I lost many of those aspects. Not because I dropped out, quite the opposite I am in my masters right now in an engineering degree. I have remorse that most of the stuff I never really experience. Not because I couldn't but My ADHD didn't let me.

Don't drop out of school. Yes, it's annoying and certainly needs a complete overhaul. I mean, even here in Germany we still have the same system from 100 years ago. Yes, you don't need all the knowledge, but you need different perspectives.

In my bachelors as an electrical engineer, I had also done a lot of mechanics. I thought I never require those stuff but here I am in my master and pretty much need it.

The school/bachelor isn't there to taught you facts. It's to taught you methods.

This may be different in other countries but in Germany university is basically free so if you haven't anything set-up at this point you really should do it. Not just for the social aspect of it. There are technical clubs, even entreupreunial ones. There you find the right people and also learn a lot about all the stuff you will need for it.

One final example. You want to make a productivity tool which helps you to focus. If you have no idea of technology, it will mostly be one of the thousand other productivity apps. But they almost always suck! What if they require some physical object which reminder them to do it? You would have no idea where to start and how to start, and probably not even consider it.

Also, most of the successfully companies rely on technology. At one point you may not need to build it yourself but how do you intend to start?

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018
There is no point in going on with this.
The awakened potato will not admit that awakened, he is not.
One thing school teaches you, especially when you are a teenager is socialization.
So imagine he drops out of school at 14 and goes to work. Or tries to build a business.
He will not know how to relate to people on an ADULT level - he doesn't know how to do that know.
He will never listen to other people's POV, always believing that his POV is the right one.
Clients will tell him how they want it done and he will tell them, I think it works better this way, and quitting projects when adversity rises.

He is very similar to the American Football team that never lost a game the whole season, and makes it to the Super Bowl, and then gets defeated EARLY because they did not know how to come back from a loss. Who did they lose to? A team that barely made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, but through adversity learned how to come back when being down.

But maybe everyone else is wrong and you know what you are talking about.
I don't think you do.
I think you want everyone else to justify your decision that you have already made and when people like MJ tell you it would be a mistake, you ask him if he is for real?

You have already made up your mind. So go ahead and take action instead of wasting everyone's time offering advice that you have said you don't want to hear; Just keep in touch and let us know how you are doing with no direction in your life.

AviatorS

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 28, 2018
I'm 14 y/o as you could see in the title. An indian guy, rn in 9th grade. I've read the millionaire fastlane and halfway through the 4 hour work week by tim. In addition to that, I've consumed a lot of business content on yt and articles. Watched all the buisness vidoes of Hamza(he's an youtuber, some of you might know him) as well as his self improvement videos. So, I'm not here merely to attain wisdom and be a leeche. I've some wisdom to provide too. I'm yet to pursue a fastlane business. I haven't had decided it yet. I'm pretty confused. I need to journal and read a chapter of the millionaire fastlane thoroughly again which I'm gonna do after this. So I was about to ask if you guys have some advice for me regarding dropping out. I've been pretty anxious about this for the last week. I'm havin a hard time deciding whether I should drop out and what to do next. So I'd be hella grateful if I get some help fellas. Please help your new homie. And thanks a lot Mj for the millionaire fastlane. I can't express my gratitude for you.

Edit- ugh, so, after reading, reacting, getting offended and disappointment by majority of the comment, I've not realized that I should've given more information regarding me and the situation and my thoughts/plan.

It's my fault that I've mentioned some of the crucial stuff like my routine, why I think education sucks at 9th grade taught in school.
But don't y'all think I'm in 9th grade and I don't have the basic knowledge it requires. It's a no brainer. I certainly do have. Do I need to rationalize the denominator or show under rooted "8" on the frickin number line? Will I ever need it. No way will I.
80% of the stuffs are worthless. For business, I NEED to learn SI,CI,Graphs,profit and loss,equations,data analyzing. And i know all this stuff already from STD-6.

Grammar- there are little to no grammatical mistakes in my comments and even if there's a fair amount of them, then so what? Not to mention the reason why there are some grammatical mistakes mainly preposition cuz my vocabulary ain't that great.So why keep going?Just to learn grammar? What about the other worthless subjects? Not to mention I can easily improve my grammar/vocabulary being here typing this comment, reading selfimprovement books, reading blogs, watching podcasts. You name it.

Science- do i need to know that solids have little to no intermolecular space between them and the most intermolecular force amongst every other state of matter? Huh?

Education is just a business. School is for employees mainly. You only need the basics and then you're good to go, right? If yes, then why I'm here askin advice? Cuz I'm not sure if it's really true. Let's go a bit deep and find out.

Geography- Himalayas. Why the F*ck do I have to know about it? It's standing minding his own business all the while protecting India. Did he want us to study about it? Hell no.lol

History- someone in the comment mentioned that history is crucial as you can learn stoicism. So i wanna state you my friend that there isn't a single chapter about stoicism. And none of the people in my school know about it and no person that I know is a stoic. Not at all. I already practice stoicism, do I still need it? Do I need to know that to become a judge of a supreme court in India, I need to be a advocate first for at least a decade.????

Economics- there isn't a economic teacher in my school yet. It's been two weeks since my new sessions of school is started. See how irresponsible my school is. Tomorrow me and my friends are gonna complain about this shit two the fatty a$$ principle sitting in ac while we students are getting evaporated.

Now what?
I've got good social skills(not great still need to learn a lot more). This is literally my goal in life to be hella charismatic and have great relationships. I've good relationships as well as pretty charismatic
I've got a lotta friends.( a girlfriend as well, i know it's not good ti have one at this age but leave it)
English is my second language so it's a bit difficult to articulate myself here.

I've influenced all of my friends to be on nofap/sr. My little brother 11 years old, is now on full time self improvement just beacuse I've influenced him to be. I'm good at story telling. I can motivate people.
Now you'd say I've tried to influence a guy in the comment to meditate but the refused and now is spektic about.
So i wanna say I haven't even tried half of my best to influence him or her. That was off topic. I just wanted to kind inform him.

Aight so now the question arises how am i gonna better my social skills if I drop out.
I've already decided it. Every other day, I'd go meet my friends and her for half an hour. Done?
And read books on leadership and how to win friends and influence people hy Dale Carnegie and actually apply the knowledge.

Job done.

Now what are the pros and cons of dropping out. A comment has gone through this but it wasn't deep enough(deeeeeep lol).

Here's mah schedule first. The old schedule is changed now cuz so is the school timing.
Meditation-30 mins( i should be doing 1 hour but gotta sacrifice either grades or effectiveness of my business)
Sleep-8hrs30mins(need to sleep an hour more, i should he sleepin 8 to 9 hours and not to mention that it takes time to actually sleep. I just don't sleep the moment I hit the bed. It takes 20 minutes approximately and what about the fact that I wake up accidentally several times while sleeping?
Study-2hrs self study
Tution- 1hr-1hr 30 mins
School-5 hours
19hrs 30 mins

5hours?
No
How much now?

Is 3 hours a day adequate for a business to grow? And let's say adding free times of weekends and sundays it's now 27 hours a week.(cutted- tuition,school and reaching time on sunday. Moreover, half working days of school on Saturdays that is 3 hours of studying hence 2 more hours on Saturdays).

And not to mention the fact that after all this wouldn't I be mentally drained. And consequently resulting in low productivity? What about burnout? It doesn't exist?

Don't me wrong. I'm willing to put in the long hours no matter what. But why do that if I can simply drop the hell outta high school. So why not just drop out. I don't know all the pros and cons at least not majority of them .

Is school worth it?
And answer this without having the Any-benefit mindset. Most of the comments I've read have this.
Don't get me wrong. While being grateful, this mindset will help. But not in making crucial decisions.

I don't have a business right now. I've made a YouTube video script(niche-self improvement) but haven't uploaded as I've had decided to continue uploading/workin on the business after completing the book called 4 hour work week which I'm halfway through. I can do affiliate marketing, selling course and merch on YouTube. Hamza does that as well and earns 30k a month with 15k profit. He declared with conviction that by the end of the year, he'd be makin 100k dollars a month.
Simple answer is do NOT drop out. Let me explain why.

I remember thinking like this when I was in school. I ended up getting a degree in computer science.
Honestly, school opens more doors than it closes. At the very least finish high school. Play the game while in school, despite it might feel like it's holding you back.

It's worth reading MJs new book, he's got a good chapter on education actually, discussing what type of education is worth it and what type of education is garbage, I assure you high school is worth it, and post secondary school is very beneficial to starting a business also. I went to a university that encouraged entrepreneurship heavily and it provided me with excellent networking opportunities. Right now I'm partnered in my business venture with someone from my university. My other business partner went to a military college and the network he has from it is absolutely astounding. He was able to pull in meetings with people I would have never dreamed of.

Business and entrepreneurship is a game of chess. Play by the rules, take the time to learn everything you can. Topics you may think are not worthwhile now can be very valuable. Not a day goes by I don't use skills I learned from classes such as science, math, etc, in high school and university. Schools stressful but overcoming that stress and learning from it is valuable in business later on down the road. You're investing in yourself.

Those people you see that drop out of university to pursue a business are not what the media makes it out to seem. They all have a successful business that is turning enough profits that it becomes smarter for them to drop out than remain in school. The ONLY reason they drop out is because they have achieved those retirement level profits prior to dropping out. It's a simple risk-reward scenario. High school is NOT worth dropping out.

On another note, it's clear your persona needs work before business. If you got offended by what I just said it only reaffirms that sentence. You appear to be completely unable to take any criticism. This is very dangerous in a business mindset. It's ok though you're only 14 and although might feel mature, you have so much to learn. I'm 30 and constantly learning, you'll reach a point where you feel you know nothing about this world. Learn to not only accept criticism but welcome it. This site and the people here have an absolute wealth of knowledge. MJs books are fabulous, as well as many other books he recommends. The world will always have opportunities. It has opportunities today and it will have the same amount of opportunities 10 years from now.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks for the response but let's be honest what are school teaching us anyway? I don't need literature,,maths,science,geography,hist/civics,grammar and all this bs, do I?
Hell no. Yeah, the basic knowledge is extremely crucual and non negotiable. But thing that we get taught in STD 9th is frickin worthless. Bro do I need those knowledge for fastlane? I don't think so. Do you?
Hmm, let's see;

"what are school teaching us anyway?"

Well first of all it teaches us to use the collective term "are" when talking in plurals and "is" when we're talking about a singular item such as school.

So the term would be "what is school teaching us anyway?"

How would that help you in business? Well it's going to stop a potential client thinking you're uneducated; which very well could lose you their custom.

What else does school teach us?

It teaches us that if we are going to use commas such as in the following sentence;

I don't need literature,,maths,science,geography,hist/civics,grammar and all this bs, do I?

We also learn that we only use one comma at a time, and we use spaces after each one, ergo the above sentence should read:

I don't need literature, maths, science, geography, hist/civics, grammar and all THAT BS; do I?

It also teaches us how to communicate properly, for instance not using the words, hell yeah, and no, in the same sentence when talking about the same thing.

I could go on, but you get the idea. If as an adult you wrote me an email like the reply above, I would completely ignore you, whilst showing your missive to my wife and laughing about it.

Being 14 I completely understand and forgive your glaring grammatical errors because you're still a child and mistakes at your age are excusable. Once you get up into the big bad world, they are not, most people are not prepared to give you a second chance to impress them.

Anyway; what do your parents think? Pretty sure that you won't be able to drop out without their permission.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
There are little to no grammatical mistakes in my speech as you can see.
Hang on, this has to be a troll. His speech is quite literally littered with grammatical mistakes.

Rperrett2

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 8, 2022
Hey btw do Mj ever reply on threads? Would love to hear his thoughts on dropping out.
Honest question, I'm not trolling you here...if M.J. or one of the other guys you look up to told you to stay in school would you fight them on it?

Rperrett2

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 8, 2022
I think you're looking at school the wrong way. I agree that modern schooling is very scripted and it doesn't always have a lot to offer for someone who has a bigger picture, like yourself. But take school for what it is, and adjust your perspective on it. Go into the day and your classes with a different mindset...it's all valuable in some way, every bit of education is helpful. Even things you don't like, learn why you don't like them and what specifically you don't like about them, and use that knowledge to apply to your future business ideas. It will help you align passions, strengths, and what to hire out. For classes you do enjoy and see a benefit in, put your effort there and participate and soak up as much knowledge as you can. You might even identify a business idea just by learning how things are done and figuring out a better way to do it!

If you don't have a specific business to launch yet then continue to learn and explore in a school setting. For you, school may be less about learning 2+2 and more about application of knowledge, learning what you do and don't want for your future, and time management.

Remember, this is a process, not an event. School should be part of your process right now, in my opinion.

kebman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jan 21, 2022
Oslo
Not sure if I ever said this but... I'm a licensed teacher. So you'd think that I'd tell you that, "oh noes, you have to go to school". Nah... My father ran away at 14. He did just fine. Rober Kyiosaki also seems to think that it's a good idea. Look, I never tried this myself, but I've seen the result of at least a couple of guys that did it. But listen, that doesn't mean they escaped work. That doesn't mean they had a sweet and lazy life. Quite the opposite. But, if you'll excuse some pedagogy, if you're very motivated, then you'll also gain mastery faster on the things you put your mind to. But you're also taking a huge risk. But then you're on this forum, and you seem to speak a second language quite well, so you aren't stupid. I'd say try it out. Worst case you have to go back to school, or try to backtrack and take up classes later.

G

GuestR401x3

You said at the beginning you have 27 hours/week that you could use to build a business. Are you using that time currently to build a business? If not, you're not going to use the time you'd gain by dropping out of school.

G

GuestR401x3

On the other hand, I live in an area where quite a few people only went to school to 9th grade. Most got construction or other blue collar jobs they work long hours and hard, but they are successful. Some managed to turn their blue collar job into a business, some didn't. If your going to drop out of school learn a trade and stick with it for the rest of your life and you can be successful. It's not Fastlane but it can give you a decent living.

Justin L

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jan 2, 2022
North Carolina, US
TTeah

He actually did and I fought back
Hey man, I just found this thread. I am in 10th grade in the US and I totally understand your frustration. I really want to drop out as well. However I know that it is crucial that I at least get my high school degree. I might drop out after that if I have a rock solid plan, but I think going into the world without a highschool degree isnt the greatest idea. Yeah, they teach us a shit ton of stupid crap. But there is some useful things mixed in that you might not notice if you are focused on the frustration and dropping out. Take this however you like, just my two cents lol.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
This is how it works in America:

Here's the reality, If you are able to start your own business and make enough money to support yourself then you don't need a high school diploma.

BUT if you EVER need a job (besides minimum wage) most require a high school diploma or they won't even look at you. And any half-decent job will require a bachelor's degree or they won't even look at you. And when I say "won't even look at you" I mean they will literally never even see your resume because when you apply for a job online the HR software will scan your resume and see no education and will delete you from consideration. Everyone nowadays has a high school diploma and half of everyone has a bachelor's degree. It's almost impossible to get a good job without an education. And if you do get passed the HR software and get called in for an interview you will have to explain to the hiring manager face to face why you dropped out of high school and why they should hire you in spite of having no formal education. They will look at you like you're an idiot while you explain to them your dreams of being an entrepreneur as you beg them for a job. Pro tip: Never tell a company you want to start a business, not only do they not care but they also don't want to have employees who are working hard to leave their company.

I have read many stories of entrepreneurs who have been wildly successful and most of them have worked jobs after graduating from college. Very rare are those like Musk, Gates, and Zuckerburg (are there any others?) Who never worked a job or finished college.

Bezos was in finance, Ford a mechanic, Kroc a salesman, Walton in retail, Buffett delivered newspapers, Dell washed dishes, Cuban was a bartender, O'Leary sold cat food, Daymond John worked as a waiter.. The list goes on and on...

I don't know how it is in India but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar situation.

Yogzil

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 30, 2022

Now what?

Job done.

Study-2hrs self study
Tution- 1hr-1hr 30 mins
School-5 hours
19hrs 30 mins

5hours?
No
How much now?

Is school worth it?

Don't drop out ... Fastlane needs an oil change every mile needed and that is education or knowledge gain for you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...