The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

100 pushups x 1 month challenge

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
Good effort everyone, the timing of this tread couldn't have been better for me as I am looking to jumpstart my weight loss, active lifestyle journey.

I am in starting today June 1st, 2020.

First attempt: 20 push-ups and 15 situps! will add more throughout the day! I just want to commit myself before I think myself out of it!
Finally made it to 100 pushups by 11.55pm. the most pushups I have ever done in one day these 46 years of existence! Also did an hour of cardio and 100 situps. I will keep going!

Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Great challenge if only am 20 years younger! So I will pass.

A guy in the thread did it at 56 (I think). Scroll up for his video. He started just doing one a day.

You're a youngster at 46. My suggestion, commit to this challenge, and one or two months from now 100 pushups will seem more realistic. Keep with it and you'll start to feel 20 years younger.

(This is coming from a 45 year old was overweight 2 years ago and started a similar challenge last year. My goal was to get to 50 in one shot, which I accomplished earlier this year.).

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
A guy in the thread did it at 56 (I think). Scroll up for his video. He started just doing one a day.

You're a youngster at 46. My suggestion, commit to this challenge, and one or two months from now 100 pushups will seem more realistic. Keep with it and you'll start to feel 20 years younger.

(This is coming from a 45 year old was overweight 2 years ago and started a similar challenge last year. My goal was to get to 50 in one shot, which I accomplished earlier this year.).
Thanks a lot that is very encouraging, I am fired up to continue.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia

Congrats!
Wim Hof (The Ice Man) designed an exercise which I absolutely love.
It consists of rapid breathing (deep full breath in and just letting it go out not exhaling all of the air) then repeat this for 30 times following a full exhale and holding your breath for as long as you can. After this you inhale and hold it for around 15 seconds.
Repeat this for 3 times.
But at the last round don't exhale just inhale fully and start doing push ups without breathing.
I promise, you will be making 50-70 push ups without breathing (depends on how explosive yours are)
Here is the video: The power of the breath by Wim Hof - double your pushups without breathing

After this exercise I do some stretching. It was really helpful for me. At the start of quarantine I could reach my knees when I bent over and now I can almost have a whole palm on the ground.

Zimbizee

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 11, 2017
uk
Love this, i have been doing something similar for a year now.

I use a clock with a second hand. When the second hand strikes the 12 position i do 18 pushups which takes around 15-20 seconds. Then rest for the remaining 40 seconds of the minute until the second hand strikes 12 again and then repeat the 18 pushups.

I repeat this a further 30 times for a total of 540 pushups in 30 mins. A couple of times a week

I started with 10 pushups and progressed. It was damn hard to start, really hard but persistence is key. When i started i could barely do 10 good ones

I'm 48 now and in the best shape i've ever been in

Last edited:

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
Love this, i have been doing something similar for a year now.

I use a clock with a second hand. When the second hand strikes the 12 position i do 18 pushups which takes around 15-20 seconds. Then rest for the remaining 40 seconds of the minute until the second hand strikes 12 again and then repeat the 18 pushups.

I repeat this a further 30 times for a total of 540 pushups in 30 mins. A couple of times a week

I started with 10 pushups and progressed. It was damn hard to start, really hard but persistence is key. When i started i could barely do 10 good ones

I'm 48 now and in the best shape i've ever been in
Really glad to hear, it is taking everything in me to keep going into day 5!. I hope it gets better. My arms are sore. I am 46 and 280lb so that is a lot of weight to push up. But I am committed to jump-starting my weight-loss and active lifestyle goal! Your story is inspiring.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Since the lock down stuff I've been focusing on working out more, for some reason I'm NOT getting stronger at pushups (stuck around the 15 rep mark) and each week I do them my shoulders are burning like crazy.

I have been doing alot of cardio lately as I need to lose a ton of weight, anyone had this problem before?

For the past couple months I've been consistent with my runs (3x a week) and still have some pain in my ankles/feet/hips (I do snowboard and skate) So I'm not exactly the nicest person to my body.... errr, only 28 years old. Definitely do not want to spend my elderly years in a wheelchair.

It's very strange though as it comes and goes, sometimes I'm A-OK and sometimes not.

Last edited:

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
I can’t count how many times I tryed, seems like I have some mobility issues or should just use better form and not push trough the pain just to get to 100...

It’s always either elbow or shoulder, I’ll start again by doing a new method to try and be injury free until I can do 100 properly:
6 sets of 6 per day 2 per meal, so basically before meal and 1:30h post meal.
This is very little 36 per day which is 1/3rd of the planned amount.

Progession : up 1 rep(on sets)every 3 days, about a month to get to the goal.

05/06 6x6

Markin2000

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jun 3, 2020
Tel Aviv
That's great!
Personally I started by training 3 times a week (pullups + pushups + situps + squats) and lately I moved to training every day so I'm doing 120 pushups a day just like that.
I recommend starting with 1 rest day so your muscle can recover and grow better.

Maybe 1 month of 120 pushups every two days and right afterwards 1 month of 100 pushups everyday.

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia
Hi guys, this challenge must be the easiest ever proposed on the forum, all you have to do is 100 pushups with good form per day for 30 days, no matter how you do them, all in one sitting or spread out during the day.

I just failed my first attempt after 5 days...
So I'm debating wheter to restart today or tomorrow.

How it went: Day 1, fine did them in one session took me nearly an hour(was resting plenty and doing other stuff meanwhile), Day 2 it was brutal I completed it still in one session but most sets where 5 reps(day 1 they were 10), day 3 I spread them out during the day and hardly finished them up before going to bed, day 4 pretty similar to day 3, day 5 I get to 49 and in the last 20 there's something off in my right arm... like I pinched a nerve or something it felt super awkward, not hurting but like it's about to mess up so I stopped.

Weight has a huge role since I feel like my joints would be much happier if I weighted 20 kg less..
Restarting the challenge while keeping my calorie intake lower, debating wheter to count calories or not.

I'll be taking one picture per day and maybe make a small video at the end.

You're all welcome to join and see if physical progress can be made from such a simple exercise.

I am in, but 100 push ups everyday will be pointless if we don't progressively overload or do difficult push up variations.

How about 100 in week 1, 150 week 2, 200 week 3 and 250 week 4?
Regular Pushups, Diamond Pushups, Decline Pushups, Weighted Pushups,Pike Pushups and even handstand pushups if you are able to hit your goals.

D

Deleted78083

@Bobby_italy

Did you manage?

There are so many different people saying different stuff on doing 100 pushups a day. Some say it will considerably develop your muscles, some say you shouldn't do it because you're not giving your muscles the time to rest. As such, they suggest doing pushups one day out of two.

Which to believe?

Anyone that knows what they're talking about can help out?

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I do 100 pushups every day. But I don't do them all in one sitting lmao I can do like 40 at most.

I do 20 x 5 times over the course of a day. I'll upgrade to 25 x 4 soon I swear.

Do 20 right out of bed. That's the most important set of the day. The rest can be whenever, but please do 20 asap. I do them right after my 60 minutes meditation and they help me get pumped up for the day.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I did this 100 Pushups program about 10 years ago.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
100 is just too few. If you can do only about 10, then 100 per day is good. If you can do 25, you should be doing about 250. I do between 300-400 per day among other exercises.

Prisoners often do 500-1000 push-ups per day. It's definitely doable, but I'd recommend 10 sets of your max per day. I do them all at once, but you can do 3 in the morning, 3 at lunch, 4 in the afternoon, or 1 every hour if that's what you want. It'll still be beneficial.

Also, form. No amount of humping the ground and looking like you're doing the worm will give you great results. Do push-ups in front of a mirror or record yourself for a few days to make sure you have proper form. Abdomen should be tucked in tight, not hanging down and hitting the ground before your chest.

Best exercise ever by the way, followed by pull-ups.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Fine. Let's up the ante.

10 sets of 30 pushups throughout the day starting today. I'll report daily in this thread.

metallon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Oct 13, 2020
Salem, India
@Bobby_italy

Did you manage?

There are so many different people saying different stuff on doing 100 pushups a day. Some say it will considerably develop your muscles, some say you shouldn't do it because you're not giving your muscles the time to rest. As such, they suggest doing pushups one day out of two.

Which to believe?

Anyone that knows what they're talking about can help out?
I used to be a very skinny guy and tried 100p/d. My body posture improved better. I did grow some muscles. But it's definitely not a good strategy to build muscles. Giving 48hrs resting is important to bulk up. Don't believe the YouTubers, they are clickbaiting.

Calisthenics are cool but if you're are beginner, I would recommend hitting the gym and lift weights. Because it's much effective in building muscles as well as discipline.

My 100push ups/day challenge-2018 results before and after pics:
Screenshot_20210212-162442_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted78083

@Simon Angel @Madame Peccato

What about rest? Do you really do your pushups every day, or once every two days?

I can do no more than 15 in one set. Does it mean I should aim at 150?

@metallon

I used to hit the gym 4x a week but the government won't reopen them until Covid is dead. I bought a kettlebell and a pull-up bar now cuz I am sick of not exercising.

Thank you for the pics, we can see a clear difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Yes, every day. I do skip them sometimes though. There are days where I really don't want to do a single one. They happen about once every 2 weeks.

I could definitely push through if I wanted, but to me listening to my body is more important than going full "Can't hurt me".

I've done 2 sets of 30 so far and it's 1 PM. I slacked off this morning. Off to a poor start fellas.

Last edited:

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
You guys should try them with your feet raised, on a chair or something.
Hits your upper pecs & delts, like an incline press.
You can also vary the width you place your hands, wide and narrow.
Narrow is really good for triceps.

Of course it makes no difference to me as I do all my push ups one-handed.

Same goes for my pull ups...
;)

D

Deleted78083

I looked closely at this rest thing and here's what I found. It's actually similar to the gym.

If you do your pushups to failure, then you need rest. But if you do a fixed number of pushups and it is not so hard, then you won't have any problem doing them every day.

Since what I am aiming at is muscle growth, I'll start with 4 sets of pushups one day out of two, with the option of resting during the weekend.

I'll do 15 pushups for the first two sets, and will go to failure for the last two sets.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Yeah, a lot of experts on the Internet. I'm just sharing what has worked for me.

I do my push-ups to failure, every single time. I have Crohn's, psoriasis (newfound), and possibly arthritis. Doesn't really stop me and I feel much better when I workout than when I don't.

@mon_fi I do them for 2 days in a row, then I do a shit ton of pull-ups and curls while I "rest" from the push-ups. I don't think I'd have any issue doing them every day if I wanted to, and have done so in the past.

P.S. I've never injured myself doing push-ups, only shoulder dislocations from pull-ups. Not fun, last one took about 6 months to heal. But I didn't stop training - in fact, I made significant gains during that period by working around the injury.

I'll post some pics tonight.

@Madame Peccato do 10 sets NOW

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Okay I definitely can't do this.

My arms died at the 22nd rep of the 3rd set :humph:

I'll rest a bit and do another set, see what happens. I'll go back to sets of 20 tomorrow.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Okay I definitely can't do this.

My arms died at the 22nd rep of the 3rd set :humph:

I'll rest a bit and do another set, see what happens. I'll go back to sets of 20 tomorrow.

My arms die all the time and always resurrect within a few minutes or so. When the tendons in your elbow feel like they're about to snap, that's your cue to stop for the day.

Nice effort though. You should be able to put in 200 with good form. It will hurt.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 1

I have just done 10 sets of 20, with 5 minutes rest between each set. I'm beat. I was very close to muscle failure, and I definitely didn't do all of them with good form. I must have half assed 20 of them :happy:

I've had a couple moments where I felt like giving up. This was omega hard. Perhaps I should do these in the afternoon? I never eat breakfast so I'm in a fasted state.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Day 1

I have just done 10 sets of 20, with 5 minutes rest between each set. I'm beat. I was very close to muscle failure, and I definitely didn't do all of them with good form. I must have half assed 20 of them :happy:

I've had a couple moments where I felt like giving up. This was omega hard. Perhaps I should do these in the afternoon? I never eat breakfast so I'm in a fasted state.

Epic stuff! I prefer afternoon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.