The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

안녕하세요 Hello

문형석 Heath Moon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jul 27, 2018
Seoul, South Korea
Hello, I'm Heath Moon (Moon Hyeong Seok in Korean name) who lives in Seoul, Korea.
I've read UNSCRIPTED last summer.

If I describe Korean society in one word, that will be Credentialocracy.
Most of Koreans are tend to chase pavements like going to good schools and firms. It was meaningless for me to chase the same way as others. (Korea beats any other country in suicide rate)

So I've always wanted to be a businessman. But after reading Unscripted , my dream has changed to be an entrepreneur. The book thought me that I'm also the young scripted one who has no difference with any others. Barely could be found the things I can do my own. Almost everything wasn't truly mine. I was only able to think myself as the victim of society before reading it. After reading, I decided to cut off every excuse that I've got. I'm sick of wasting my precious time on the meaningless things.

Thanks to MJ for changing my life.
Respects everyone who pursues Productocracy.

진심으로 감사드립니다.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jaylimkr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jul 3, 2018
안녕하세요.

Hi Heath Moon,

I am happy to see Koreans in this forum. My name is Dongjae Lim. I also live in Korea. I am the one who hate chasing the pavements likely and consistantly repeating in Korea. So right after I graduated from high school I went to Australia on Working Holiday rather than entering a college or an university. I met a lot of inspiring people and had opportunities to widen my perspectives. I am still wandering. I haven't decided what for the business. Yet I haven't fully read the book but soon I will. You motivated me to read it sooner. Thanks.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
안녕하세요 문형석님! 만나서 반갑습니다. 영어로 잘 말해요. 해외에서 살았어요?

I think every society conditions us, not just Korea. Every society wants citizens who contribute value, but they differ in what they value. Korea for example seems to value conformity more than individualism.

However, you will improve people's lives and contribute best by being an entrepreneur. I believe you'll live up to your potential.

화이팅!

문형석 Heath Moon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jul 27, 2018
Seoul, South Korea
안녕하세요.

Hi Heath Moon,

I am happy to see Koreans in this forum. My name is Dongjae Lim. I also live in Korea. I am the one who hate chasing the pavements likely and consistantly repeating in Korea. So right after I graduated from high school I went to Australia on Working Holiday rather than entering a college or an university. I met a lot of inspiring people and had opportunities to widen my perspectives. I am still wandering. I haven't decided what for the business. Yet I haven't fully read the book but soon I will. You motivated me to read it sooner. Thanks.

Wow! Glad to see Korean in this place too!

Not going to university was the wisest decision I think.
There is nothing we can get on the university.
Above all, technology is too fastly growing up to catch it.
So schools of engineering are a turtle teaching students with 1970s data.
Thus, companies are no longer stick to academic status.

Widening experience is much more productive than going to university!
Hope you have the confidence in your life. Thanks for the reply:)

문형석 Heath Moon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jul 27, 2018
Seoul, South Korea
안녕하세요 문형석님! 만나서 반갑습니다. 영어로 잘 말해요. 해외에서 살았어요?

I think every society conditions us, not just Korea. Every society wants citizens who contribute value, but they differ in what they value. Korea for example seems to value conformity more than individualism.

However, you will improve people's lives and contribute best by being an entrepreneur. I believe you'll live up to your potential.

화이팅!

격려와 칭찬에 감사 드립니다.

Thanks for your encouragement and compliment:)
It is reasonable that the social value in Korea is focused on conformity.
I think conformity should not be a priority. Then, it turns to poison.
I've been NZ for 9 months and LA for 2 months. I also believe you will maximize your ability with potential!

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
문형석 씨, 안녕하세요. 만나서 반갑습니다. 저도 지금 한국에서 삽니다.
여기에서 좋은 사람이 많이 있습니다.
There are a lot of great members and stories here, so be prepared to meet some great people!
화이팅!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...