The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If You Were A Moderator

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
People lie, at all times throughout this forum/deceive etc.

How about a new badge or something on a person's profile?

"Verified Successful" or just "Verified Member" something like that.

Only way to get that verified badge is to actually have the person verified, maybe through a video walkthrough to bank records or something to that extent? Maybe the verifier can just be a moderator like yourself @Vigilante

Not everyone needs to do it, make it a paid verification- you want that badge of "multi-millionaire here" than you pay the 200$ for the verification process, and must pass such process.

Than again, maybe this isn't a good idea, we want community involvement- which this may deter some- not wealthy/yet very very helpful people.

---

How about- a membership program to be offered? That will help business currently running and somewhat profitable?

How about a membership program where it will help businesses earning 100k profit, make it to 500k or 1 million in profits?

MAYBE forget the membership part and charge a consulting fee as a percentage of increased profits?

I only suggest such- because they way- we can, I am certain- take a few members here, put them in a group and help someone make it* as we profit as well, for our help?

Above all else---and this I would surely do**

Gather the minds of very smart, very actionable and dedicated people- an internet marketer, a brick and mortar business guy, an eccomerce guy, a finance guy, a x and a y and z...AND start a company from scratch. Each putting in $5k, 10k 15k to make it happen. If one can't- they obviously shouldn't be in the group.

Each with equal voting and earning rights. Have a "head" most trusted individual as CEO @MJ DeMarco

Come up with a new business to take from GROUND ZERO to $1,000,000- PER PERSON INVOLVED. 5 people in the group? Goal to get to 5 Million by the end of the 2nd year.

That above is what I would do. It would obviously take time to figure out the service you will offer, I would want to make sure it involves those people in the group greatly, ie eccomerce guy in there @biophase than I would hope eccomerce would be involved in the business.

You understand my point...(would love to be a part of the above group, as a dedicated employee etc).

---
What I see here is a "POOL" of very smart, aspiring, dedicated people.

I do not see this pool of people ACTUALLY "working together" to REACH A COMMON GOAL... $$$

I do hope this is done to some extent- I see it as immensely helpful/smart/highly potentially profitable to be able to set this up @Vigilante

What I say can be worth gold. :)

Feel free to ask for more details, especially about the above business-collaboration- as I have something in mind that can be started with a great market size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
How about a live chat? Think that would add to the "we're a caring community" feeling. :)

I think this would be difficult to moderate, and seems like it would turn into a shit show. I feel like any noob wanting to ask a question for the 100th time might just post it in the live chat instead, hoping for an even faster response.

That being said, the most value I've gotten from this forum is the private chat groups that have spun off of different threads.

So, I like the idea, in theory. There would need to be channels for off-topic though, or the whole thing would be dominated by noise.

Sunscreen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 1, 2015
If this hasn't already been mentioned maybe it would be nice if there were flares of different fastlane paths under your name. It would make it a bit more personalised and perhaps get people more familiar with each other.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Christos

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jan 21, 2014
Germany
Hello from Germany,

reading a ton of very useful threads the last months, after a while I get always the same problem. At the end of each post there are some useful buttons like "Bookmark" ,"Like" and "rep transfer". For me one very important button is missing: "top of page" . Because sometime you are in the middle of the page and realise that you want to go one page back or forward and you have to scroll all the way back.

I am reading most of the time on my mobile or tablet and it would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.
@moderator : can you please delete my post in the section "suggestions"?

Chris

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hello from Germany,

reading a ton of very useful threads the last months, after a while I get always the same problem. At the end of each post there are some useful buttons like "Bookmark" ,"Like" and "rep transfer". For me one very important button is missing: "top of page" . Because sometime you are in the middle of the page and realise that you want to go one page back or forward and you have to scroll all the way back.

I am reading most of the time on my mobile or tablet and it would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.
@moderator : can you please delete my post in the section "suggestions"?

Chris
done

and good idea

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Source? I see nothing from Google other than a link to site that promotes SSL.

My BS meter is ringing.

Sorry, I probably should have looked deeper, I notice now that there's no source.

I'm in no way related to it, so sorry again, will check things better in the future. Will try not to be so fast on posting links.

EDIT: I think the blog @drifter linked to is actually an official blog, but not sure.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Vigilante, I quit contributing to this forum because you "Liked" every attack on me by Waisech and others. I went from looking forward to contributing, to never wanting to add value to it. If you want to make this forum better, I suggest you start with yourself.
wine_2094068b.jpg

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sorry, I probably should have looked deeper, I notice now that there's no source.

I'm in no way related to it, so sorry again, will check things better in the future. Will try not to be so fast on posting links.

EDIT: I think the blog @drifter linked to is actually an official blog, but not sure.

Oh no worries man, it's not a big deal but definitely something to have on the radar, true or not.

drifter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 10, 2016
Canada

It is indeed Google's official webmaster blog...

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
The more simple the better.

On forums where you have "Todays posts, new posts" etc. Have less links there, to do this for some of them you can make it drop down.

Few things from the user postbit can be moved into personal profile page instead. Eg. Location. Smaller the better, so users scroll less and content takes priority.

As you can see @theag 's post above. 4 words yet takes up so much space. On my chromebook that's the entire screen.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited by a moderator:

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS
Awesome suggestions already!

I'd like to see the newbies go through a few mandatory threads (Gold Posts *Maybe the Golden Nuggets one too) before they are allowed to post any material.
There are many newbies that haven't even read the book so they don't & won't understand the concepts of being a Fastlaner.
They won't know about the Commandments (CENTS).
Perhaps a small quiz after they've read the threads to verify & they can then continue to post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
A free blog account isn't considered a source. A source would be from a Google rep or a page from a Google domain. I did a cursory search and saw all third party claims, many from folks selling SSL services.

Here's the guideline from Google's official page (click "Help
Visitors Use Your Pages" for the new https guideline, it's
the 6th guideline):

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769?hl=en&ref_topic=6002025

And here is the proposal of the Chrome Security Team:

https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/marking-http-as-non-secure

Here is what Chris Palmer and Parisa Tabriz (Google's security engineering manager) say
about the https issue according to this article:

https://motherboard.vice.com/read/g...ll-websites-that-are-unencrypted-chrome-https

Google updated its webmaster guidelines and added
a guideline about HTTPS:

https://yoast.com/google-webmaster-guidelines-update/

This is not urgent, but I think we'll eventually have to
move to https in a few years.

Last edited:

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Maybe add a special "Relocation- or Moving To" tab in the forum. I think a lot of people on here want to relocate to pursue their Fastlane dreams, and it would be nice to have a special section in the forum dedicated solely to that.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
How about "Platinum Threads"?

I think there are a few threads that really warrant something greater than just Gold to distinguish them from the others. Perhaps one or two in each category/genre.

There is some real Gold here and then there are a few that should be Platinum...

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Is there a way to hide threads? I've been noticing quite a few threads polluting the newsfeed. Would be great to reduce the noise
Use [HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG] within a thread if you think that thread belongs there. We'll review it and if we agree we'll place it there. All threads moved to landfill are not viewable in the newsfeed/new posts.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
Prior apologies if this has already been mentioned, but - I always wanted a more private forum than just "INSIDERS". I don't know how this would be done, or what the criteria would be.

tigerscent

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Sep 28, 2015
UK
If you were a moderator, or if you owned the forum...

What would you do differently to make this forum better?

Anything goes. Great answers/suggestions/ideas will get you rep$$.

Suggesting MJ fire me might get your IP address banned.

Go.
As a relative newcomer, I’m troubled by the sense of “them” and “us” – INSIDERS vs outsiders; those who have achieved “success” (whatever that means) vs those just starting out….and I say this as an INSIDERS, BTW!

OK, I get the frustration of drive-bys and action-fakers, but the idea that newcomers have nothing to contribute seems dangerous. An alternative view is that newbies and fast-laners are just at different places on the same road. After all, isn’t that why people join this forum in the first place?

The mission of The Fastlane Forum is to encourage entrepreneurs to become valued contributors to society, successful, financially independent, and self-sufficient through leveraged and disciplined entrepreneurship, or Fastlane Entrepreneurship.

Anyone engaging in internet forums has to apply their own critical thinking and bull-shit meter. People must decide for themselves what is of value or not – AND just because someone has a high rep doesn’t make them always right; the perils of group-think! I think there are already enough tools to self-manage without complicating things further – rep bank, likes, following, ignoring etc.

So, back to the objective of encouraging entrepreneurs, self-sufficiency and leverage through others. How can we do more of this?

· Create a simple action-based work pack for newbies. Why? To bridge that gap from “I’ve seen the light, I’m super keen” to “OK how do I action this?” (Not “tell me how to start a business, just give me all the answers”, but some key questions and actions, pointers to useful resources etc. that they can work through at their own pace. Perhaps those who’ve “kicked newbies’ backsides” could help articulate what this might look like).

· Voluntary buddy system. People can either request or volunteer as a buddy…pairing newbies with a more experienced member (with a mutual area of interest – see also below).

· Add searchable experience tags to profile (skills/industry/sector). Helps make the relationship more reciprocal between newbies and older members - people can see what value you have to offer beyond rep $$$.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
· Add searchable experience tags to profile (skills/industry/sector). Helps make the relationship more reciprocal between newbies and older members - people can see what value you have to offer beyond rep $$$.

@MJ DeMarco love this.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
I know what I wouldn't do and that is starting getting all fancy over the "polls option" :smoking:. It is perfectly fine as it is.

On a serious note, I'm starting to understand the importance of land filling threads but I would give at least some time for EVERYONE to decide if it's landfill material because it's not fair that the early birds get to push that censor button hard before everyone else gets a chance to read it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.