The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your Fastlane Rocket Fuel - Compounding Action Power

Rammsteinfanboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 7, 2017
Germany
Yeah, I haven`t read (heard) unscripted entirely yet, so I don`t know the mentality of this community. I suppose asking for
the magic pill, too specific questions, x steps to millions plans is a sure fire way to piss the people here off.
I just had the idea that there are some strategies that sets you apart from the competition, such as having a better workethic,
social skills, being more considerate, giving more thoughts about customerdemographic etc. But I get it. No cookie cutter plans
and magic pills here. I learn the mentality, but the hard work, such as figuring out the product and the market is my business not yours.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
@MustImprove Great thread and hope your business is doing well.

May i ask you, did you find this opportunity/problem just by listenning to what people were saying or just because you saw that nobody was good with Marketing / SEO and were not working on the weekend ?

How is your company now, did it grow ?

Again, great lesson, always look at what the customer need and take actions toward this. (Obviously, this is very difficult for me to find something where there's a need or maybe i'm not listenning enough)

Thanks,
Alessio.

MustImprove

Speed Is Good, usually only in the right direction
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,916%
Apr 30, 2013
@MustImprove
May i ask you, did you find this opportunity/problem just by listenning to what people were saying or just because you saw that nobody was good with Marketing / SEO and were not working on the weekend ?

Hi @AlessioLC ,

All three plus one more. Just for fun, the brackets () are what "normal" people might think/do/feel/say.

Yes, I listened to people describing problems.
("Complaints complaints complaints. Always complaining. Yeh yeh yeh, now shut the F*ck up and listen to me!")

Yes, I noticed that the current players were relatively poor at SEO/marketing.
("Jeez Louise, learning new shit is such a drag man, and anyway LOOK, Rick is just about to stiff this shop owner dude!")

Yes, I noticed that the competition generally didn't like working weekends/evening.
("Whaaat? Work ma weekend? You dumbass crazy fool! I wants to line-up wiv 10 homies in a rammed sneaker store, 'n' blow three days wages on ma 3rd pair of Jordans!... I ain't doin no stoopid shit like workin!")

...but I also tested some of the competition myself, and this was important.​

I didn't lie. I really did have work that needed doing. This was probably the best insight into the type of attitude/professionalism (or lack of) that I needed to beat.​

I highly recommend being a customer in your target market. Talk to your competition. Ask questions. Be genuinely keen, and get to know them a little; they might be superior folks. In any case you will discover nuances and business clues that are otherwise hidden.

How is your company now, did it grow ?

Yes, the company grew. Nothing major, but to a decent standard of income that would mean I didn't need to work a normal job (if I was in such a position). That is such a significant milestone, and one that I encourage everyone to strive for.....before banking the million. :)

That said, I want to refine the model/processes to allow more scalability. There is plenty of work to do.....and that will make for an interesting future thread.

I wish you good luck and terrific success with your own next business steps. Coffee right? :)

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Hi @AlessioLC ,

All three plus one more. Just for fun, the brackets () are what "normal" people might think/do/feel/say.

Yes, I listened to people describing problems.
("Complaints complaints complaints. Always complaining. Yeh yeh yeh, now shut the F*ck up and listen to me!")

Yes, I noticed that the current players were relatively poor at SEO/marketing.
("Jeez Louise, learning new shit is such a drag man, and anyway LOOK, Rick is just about to stiff this shop owner dude!")

Yes, I noticed that the competition generally didn't like working weekends/evening.
("Whaaat? Work ma weekend? You dumbass crazy fool! I wants to line-up wiv 10 homies in a rammed sneaker store, 'n' blow three days wages on ma 3rd pair of Jordans!... I ain't doin no stoopid shit like workin!")

...but I also tested some of the competition myself, and this was important.​

I didn't lie. I really did have work that needed doing. This was probably the best insight into the type of attitude/professionalism (or lack of) that I needed to beat.​

I highly recommend being a customer in your target market. Talk to your competition. Ask questions. Be genuinely keen, and get to know them a little; they might be superior folks. In any case you will discover nuances and business clues that are otherwise hidden.

Yes, the company grew. Nothing major, but to a decent standard of income that would mean I didn't need to work a normal job (if I was in such a position). That is such a significant milestone, and one that I encourage everyone to strive for.....before banking the million. :)

That said, I want to refine the model/processes to allow more scalability. There is plenty of work to do.....and that will make for an interesting future thread.

I wish you good luck and terrific success with your own next business steps. Coffee right? :)
You're right about being a customer before a competitor, i've done it too and that's why i know i can be the best.

Working on a sunday ? Only those who really want the "ice cream" will work 7/7, i am one of these !
(not saying i will, if nobody want to hang out in Sunday, there's no reason to be open and lose money)

Absolutely right! It would be very interesting, keep this idea in mind :)

If you can scale, i would say don't wait and go for it !
I would love to work from home like you ;)

Best of luck for you aswell! Wish you the best and keep us updated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Found this immaculate thread via this Gold! Index
Now all I have to do is actually answer the phone when it rings!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.