The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Young Men: We Don't Need to Have Life Solved.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I was responding to this post here, it got me thinking.

As young guys, some of us put big expectations on ourselves. I do it, other posters do it & all of you young guys lurking do it aswell.

We want to be stronger.
We want to make an impact.
We want to be respected & admired.

If you're not where you want to be, your goals can be overwhelming and paralysing - especially when you're comparing yourself.

But here's a secret I discovered:
You don't need to have it figured out yet.

The fact you're switched on at such a young age is a fantastic testament. Don't beat yourself up. Do what you're meant to do, challenge yourself & keep evolving.

On that note I'm going off to do some study.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
You may be right, but for me at least personally I think looking at people who are successful today, and being stressed about not knowing as much as them is still a good practice, just because it will push you into learning and doing the things you want to procrastinate on, specially if those people are younger than you or closer to you age, it might not be healthy, but it also might be what makes all the difference in the end.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
You may be right, but for me at least personally I think looking at people who are successful today, and being stressed about not knowing as much as them is still a good practice
Yes, the hyperlink I put to for the comparing yourself goes into just that. Its good to have inspiration but pure comparison that isnt fair is unhealthy.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022

"There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till. The power which resides in him is new in nature, and none but he knows what that is which he can do, nor does he know until he has tried"​

You are you. He is he. She is she. Their success is chapter 192. Your adventure may still be in chapter 2. You're in a race against yourself and thinking otherwise is a trap. I think a big problem is that many people compare their own growth to those around them thanks to social F*cking media. The longer I stay away from social media as a consumer(I produce) the more I realize playing catch-up is more enjoyable when I'm looking in the mirror and not some pixels on the screen. Producing is also more fun than consuming, any day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As young guys, some of us put big expectations on ourselves. I do it, other posters do it & all of you young guys lurking do it aswell.

We want to be stronger.
We want to make an impact.
We want to be respected & admired.
It's in your genes to move out and setup your own tribe, even if you don't know that's what's compelling you.

That feeling of not being enough is what often drives us to prove ourselves. Sometimes by doing dumb things.

That feeling of not being enough can also be what often stops us from taking action.

Once upon a time a business coach gave me a powerful way of overcoming the "I'm not enough" gene...

Say "I am enough. Because I say I am."
(Craig Desorcy)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.