I am writing this post as some what of a journal to get my thoughts out and maybe get some feed back on my current situation.
I started working at this company and started to become good friends with my boss and in doing so a few months after my employment he moved in the condo above me. We were basically best friends with a lot of interests outside of work and would hang out regularly.
Just this last weekend we were at a party with my girlfriend and I decided that I would be designated driver. The two of them proceeded to get quite drunk together while I just sat back and had a good time (not drinking). As the night progressed my girlfriend decided to pick a fight with me and I attempted to do damage control but when she gets drunk she is completely unreasonable.
Finally the night ends and I drive my boss and my girlfriend (who I live with) back to our complex. My girlfriend (still drunk and unreasonable) decides to go upstairs and 'vent' to my boss about the fight we just got into. I decide I'm just going to go to bed and after two hours pass by my girlfriend still has not returned to our apartment. I call my boss and am like 'what the hell is going on up there'. He responds 'Well I finally talked your girlfriend out of her hysteria...' So I come upstairs (at about 4am) and find a half empty bottle of vodka and know something has gone horribly wrong.
My girlfriend completely blacked out tells me to go f*ck myself and passes out in our bed. Next morning my boss calls me up to his complex to tell me my girlfriend had cheated on me last night with him.
It's been 3 days since that Saturday night and here's where I am currently:
1) I have contacted my culture and management team at work and told them to place me on another team because of a hostile work environment. They were very receiving of my request and I am being transferred tomorrow morning.
2) I have contacted my landlord and asked to be able to sublease my portion of the lease. They were very understanding as well and said that would be OK provided that the person taking up the sublease has the proper credentials.
My question to the community is : Am I overreacting? I have been with my girlfriend for about 2 years...and at work for about 10 months. I am completely out of my mind right now and I just need some direction.
Thanks.
I started working at this company and started to become good friends with my boss and in doing so a few months after my employment he moved in the condo above me. We were basically best friends with a lot of interests outside of work and would hang out regularly.
Just this last weekend we were at a party with my girlfriend and I decided that I would be designated driver. The two of them proceeded to get quite drunk together while I just sat back and had a good time (not drinking). As the night progressed my girlfriend decided to pick a fight with me and I attempted to do damage control but when she gets drunk she is completely unreasonable.
Finally the night ends and I drive my boss and my girlfriend (who I live with) back to our complex. My girlfriend (still drunk and unreasonable) decides to go upstairs and 'vent' to my boss about the fight we just got into. I decide I'm just going to go to bed and after two hours pass by my girlfriend still has not returned to our apartment. I call my boss and am like 'what the hell is going on up there'. He responds 'Well I finally talked your girlfriend out of her hysteria...' So I come upstairs (at about 4am) and find a half empty bottle of vodka and know something has gone horribly wrong.
My girlfriend completely blacked out tells me to go f*ck myself and passes out in our bed. Next morning my boss calls me up to his complex to tell me my girlfriend had cheated on me last night with him.
It's been 3 days since that Saturday night and here's where I am currently:
1) I have contacted my culture and management team at work and told them to place me on another team because of a hostile work environment. They were very receiving of my request and I am being transferred tomorrow morning.
2) I have contacted my landlord and asked to be able to sublease my portion of the lease. They were very understanding as well and said that would be OK provided that the person taking up the sublease has the proper credentials.
My question to the community is : Am I overreacting? I have been with my girlfriend for about 2 years...and at work for about 10 months. I am completely out of my mind right now and I just need some direction.
Thanks.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
