The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WHY we must protect places like TFF

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Anger, ego, sex and violence (eros and tanatos), compassion.
What is the most beneficial emotion to stir up in your market to gain attention for your brand/business?

You don't have to answer it here, but act on that now and you'll start getting more attention for your brand.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
What is the most beneficial emotion to stir up in your market to gain attention for your brand/business?

You don't have to answer it here, but act on that now and you'll start getting more attention for your brand.

Hum, trust me , you don't want that lol.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Some of you clearly need to stop sucking up and start sucking down. It is the new blood that will inherit this place and bring new colorful ideas and create awesome posts, instead of landfilling them why not give them room to grow.

I don't think I sucked up much, If you read my posts, I've always been authentic and genuine. True to myself. And I think that's the point of the journey, getting over yourself. This is the lesson here, sure you're new and have great ideas. The rest of us thought so too, until we got over our egos and understand we can have a 100 great ideas, and maybe none of them are the one.

This is just my theory, but in the business world it's all about networking and collaborating. You're not going to get anywhere with an attitude I'm better than you, because I'm new and I'm an innovator. You're walking into a place with Entrepreneurs that have far exceeded you already in the inside and probably the outside. And you have no idea who is on the other side, so it's not about sucking up, but respect.

Respect goes a long way, and the last person there going to mentor, or pay attention to is someone who hasn't been through the entire process, and tell them they don't know what they're talking about. I think you better read some more threads.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Also my market is everyone about everything.
There's your problem. Everyone and Everything. One thing and One Niche. Knowing your audience like your best friend. And no not everyone likes sex and violence.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
I don't think I sucked up much, If you read my posts, I've always been authentic and genuine. True to myself. And I think that's the point of the journey, getting over yourself. This is the lesson here, sure you're new and have great ideas. The rest of us thought so too, until we got over our egos and understand we can have a 100 great ideas, and maybe none of them are the one.

This is just my theory, but in the business world it's all about networking and collaborating. You're not going to get anywhere with an attitude I'm better than you, because I'm new and I'm an innovator. You're walking into a place with Entrepreneurs that have far exceeded you already in the inside and probably the outside. And you have no idea who is on the other side, so it's not about sucking up, but respect.

Respect goes a long way, and the last person there going to mentor, or pay attention to is someone who hasn't been through the entire process, and tell them they don't know what they're talking about. I think you better read some more threads.

How do you know that I am not the one who is ahead of you?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
How do you know that I am not the one who is ahead of you?
One clue is, you'd be an INSIDERS and not writing what you are, unless you're testing people.
And you can be ahead of me for sure. It's not really important to me where you're at. I just know by experience, respect is quite a worthy cause in the Entrepreneur world. By God, Dan Pena would eat you for breakfast for writing what you do. lol

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
So no, don't just post your thoughts.

There have been many times where I went weeks, even months, without posting a single thing. It didn't feel good, but I knew if I posted what I was about to post it wouldn't provide any value, so I stopped myself.
How the heck do you know if it provides value before the audience even reacts to it?
My own intuition. Thats pretty much it.

After you indulge yourself on this forum for a while, you get the idea of the kind of content people like and the kind of content they don't. (You shouldn't look at this way, but w/e. Hopefully you understand what I mean.)

But you are right. There is no way to tell for sure, but, if you are self-aware and objective with yourself. You should know if your own content will benefit anyone and if it's only created so you could blow-off some steam. Meaning, clearing your mind.

Nothing wrong with clearing your mind, as long you "clearing your mind" can provide value to people. If it teaches a lesson and you learned something from the experience, post it.

But if you just start posting random things, people will catch on and start to ignore you. Reputation means something in this forum unlike other ones.

Providing value is key.

Last edited:

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
One clue is, you'd be an INSIDERS and not writing what you are, unless you're testing people.
And you can be ahead of me for sure. It's not really important to me where you're at. I just know by experience, respect is quite a worthy cause in the Entrepreneur world. By God, Dan Pena would eat you for breakfast for writing what you do. lol

You (all of you) talk about respect while I have liked/thanked everyone who posted here. While only a few braves are liking/thanking my posts (the ones where I go Eliott Hulse on you guys ) How is that not respect?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
TFF is the greatest forum in the world.

I come here to escape the everyday slowlane around me because I don't have many fastlane friends yet.

I come here because I know noone will ask me about job raises, 401k, promotions, career goals.

I come here because sometimes i need to reconfirm that I'm not crazy, that it's everyone else that's crazy.

I come here because no matter our differences, we all believe there's more to life than sidewalk and slowlane.

I come here because TFF cuts through bullshit like a hot knife through butter, and we're all better for it.

I come here because the fastlane is not about money, it's about Freedom,Health, and Family.

I love you guys and I'm never gonna quit, for i don't want to disappoint myself and i don't want to disappoint the forum.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You (all of you) talk about respect while I have liked/thanked everyone who posted here. While only a few braves are liking/thanking my posts (the ones where I go Eliott Hulse on you guys ) How is that not respect?
Well if you're bored, you can watch this. lol Compare his notes with what's in the forum. And whether it fits the fastlane five commandments. :)

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
Well if you're bored, you can watch this. lol Compare his notes with what's in the forum. And whether it fits the fastlane five commandments. :)

You (all of you) talk about value when members like deer friend (real value) show up with the perfect attitude (you didn't have a clue until he wrote here) you ignore them. Then you wonder where all the good people go and ask why you see the same threads over and over again about MLM and prostitutes and shit.

What I meant by start sucking down and not up. I wasn't attacking you Mattie, I was saying how it is much better to fight the problem at the root by welcoming everybody NEW and see who leaves on his own then to shut off everyone (by saying your thread isn't worth shit) and only allow a few select value providers in (who basically echo the greatness of heroes such as Vigilante or Biophase.

It is those who are harder to love that need it the most. What the F*ck is this forum about, helping and encouraging people to become entrepreneurs and independent or an orgy of:

No, we are busy, I am busy everyone is busy.
[HASHTAG]#Landfill[/HASHTAG], you are worth shit
Provide value, be quiet, read more, stfu

?

Stop treating people like you are Kevin O'Leary, let's be different entrepreneurs.

Last edited:

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
There's your problem. Everyone and Everything. One thing and One Niche. Knowing your audience like your best friend.

It's not a problem, it is my unique and greatest strength and asset.

And no not everyone likes sex and violence.

I was paraphrasing Sigmund Friend, father of psychoanalysis. Eros and Thanatos. Which, all your movies (yes even those from Holland) are most likely required to have if they want to captivate their audience.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It is those who are harder to love that need it the most. What the F*ck is this forum about, helping and encouraging people to become entrepreneurs and independent or an orgy of:
Yes, I believe I've stated this point in other threads. I think you have to understand there are some who are nice and others who aren't. They try to clean up the ones who don't add quality and value to the forum. I think once you're used to Fastlane you will see we're not all intimidating and discouraging. :) And no I didn't take it as an attack.

I don't know what personality type you are. I would find out, because normally it's not understanding the difference in personality types and especially the more stronger and dominate ones who believe in the tough love approach. And there is always the light and dark side of things, so you can't expect everyone to fit the bill of your expectations. Like I'm an INFJ, which has more patience, understanding, and compassion. Where an ESTJ or ENTJ won't answer you at all and tell you to get to work, because you're focused on this thread and not taking action on your business pursuits. Wasting time. So, are they necessarily being negative? Not so much as they're just about action and introverts are more about contemplating and thinking. lol So it's all your perception of things, understanding yourself, human nature, and different personality types.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015

I watched the whole 4-hour thing. Brilliant stuff.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
Yes, I believe I've stated this point in other threads. I think you have to understand there are some who are nice and others who aren't. They try to clean up the ones who don't add quality and value to the forum.

But Mattie why is there such a need for a clean up. How do you know when a discussion is going to evolve and when you are supposed to shut it down? Why can't communication flow on the net freely as long as it is stripped from bad intentions and obvious selling attempts?

When I posted some of my threads I posted them in the Mindset, Motivation and Choices section. How do you define such things? How can my motivation, my thoughts and choices become landfill and garbage to you?

BlackPebbles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 25, 2016
What I have deduced from this thread, as a new person here, is that I need to be ...
...mustache guy or someone else with rep money.

As a chick, a mo ain't gonna fly but rep money... maaaaybeeee.

You don't get rep by whining about likes, ignores and shut downs.

Life 101:
You don't walk into someone's house and complain about how they run it.

It will be as it will be, and I will keep watching.

Now give me my 10 minutes back.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
What I have deduced from this thread, as a new person here, is that I need to be ...

As a chick, a mo ain't gonna fly but rep money... maaaaybeeee.

You don't get rep by whining about likes, ignores and shut downs.

Yes you do, read the first post.

Life 101:
You don't walk into someone's house and complain about how they run it.

It will be as it will be, and I will keep watching.

Now give me my 10 minutes back.

And by the way, this is MJ's house, but technically my kitchen since this is my thread.

Here,

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
Where is that damn ignore thread button?

I would like to tell you that you just have to stop getting in threads created by me but then I would miss that masterful mustache which by the way,

F*ck....

I admit it I am secretly jealous of.

That's why I act like a .|. sometimes

is... just so I could be closer to it.

I know you have a tendency to respond quickly to threads that contain absurdity to tell them to knock it the heck off.

get off my lawn.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Yet another thread of yours on the cusp of being moved to the landfill. Your whining and complaining is wearing thin.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Also there are the likes that can blind and influence readers. Look at this very thread for example.

So... why so few likes/thanks for Digamma and so many for MJ?
View attachment 12100

I'll post the picture here again just to highlight the hypocrisy:

r59YUl7.png

Now let me recap this thread:
  • @Newpollz Posts image saved as "reputation problem.png"
  • Complains that everyone gives MJ likes, but not Digamma
  • @Newpollz himself liked MJ's post, but not Digamma's -- which is evident in the screenshot he posted himself
  • Proceeds to [HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG] the thread with another twenty pointless posts

giphy.gif

G

GuestUser450

An entrepreneurial lesson if there ever was one:
When people don't like what you're selling (product, opinion, ideology) it doesn't mean you're wrong, it just means they're more right; their vote counts more than yours.

As been said many times: Do you want to be right or do you want to be rich? Carefully pick the hill you die on.

Serve the audience and create real value according to them, not you. If you get zero love and lots of hate, maybe reassess your approach and think of a better way to market.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.