The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why I Left RD Forums

unicon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 23, 2008
Rk site lead me to this site (a linking protocal???). Just got an invitation to a Seattle seminar on How to Find Great Deals, will probably go as it takes time, organization, and knowledge to put these together and I can take the pill in a couple of hours.

Like going and they never get any money out of me (zero based spender) as most information is already in the authored books. However information from these have made me alot of money - see penny stock thread.

Time is the common denominator which draws one to a seminar or this site for that matter - efficiency and capacity. Time will also tell if these are prioritized.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
And thankfully, that thread is now closed.

Don't know who closed it, but whoever did, thank you from me...for the obvious reasons!!!

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
The worst part about RD forums is peoples continous discussions. They never do. I have low tolerance for people who never do and who has a low flexible mindset. Nothing worse than that.

Seniorpreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada
Re: Why I Left RD Forums/Canada

Why is it that a lot of people are not putting a lot of emphasis on financial education these days when the need is so important? I think it would be great if Canada gets to participate in more effective RD Forums or for that matter in ANY kind of financial education forums. This is why I'd like to see a paradigm change for seniors where education is really a lifelong learning process. My 'seniorpreneur project' hopefully will go in this direction.

Joe Wasylyk
Seniorpreneur

Phil

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Apr 13, 2008
U.K
I was pondering whether or not to join RD - is it worth the money? Espescially when I get so much out of reading TFTM at no cost?

I'm looking to get the best info I can on aquiring assets in order to develop my plan to wealth. So I can't afford to spend my time listening to pessimsits and negative individuals who have nothing to contribute and procrastinate.

However the original rich dad poor dad is probably the most enlightening book I've ever read and I really want to play the cash flow e-game.

I just don't know if it's worth joining.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
I was pondering whether or not to join RD - is it worth the money? Espescially when I get so much out of reading TFTM at no cost?

I'm looking to get the best info I can on aquiring assets in order to develop my plan to wealth. So I can't afford to spend my time listening to pessimsits and negative individuals who have nothing to contribute and procrastinate.

However the original rich dad poor dad is probably the most enlightening book I've ever read and I really want to play the cash flow e-game.

I just don't know if it's worth joining.

The only problem as I see it is that RD forums has a very low participating activity. RD INSIDERS TV has interesting information from time to time.

When it comes to RD books. The first book is the best in my view. I have played the Cashflow 101 e-game (has it still). It is a good game when you start out in understading fundamental investing. But it is also a little bit limited in terms of what you can do with it.

I wouldn't want to bash RD at all. RD is a great start, see it as a ground building opportunity and then move on to heavier information. The more you play your game (real life) the more skilled you will become.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I was a mod over their for awhile. I was annoyed and left because they wouldn't let me do what needed to be done. I have been a mod over at a very active Mercedes forum for years and know how to handle one.

When I deleted the nut jobs post's they just called the RK company and got them put back on. We couldn't even ban them.

Its their fault the forums went to hell.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I have a question for anyone who still visits rd forum...

it has been quite some time(years even) since i have logged into the forum. everything has totally changed and I cant figure out for the life of me how to work the forum.

I cant search for my own posts I cant find where my profile is.

I wanted to get some info off my old posts over there and I cant find anything over there its totally screwed up!

please help!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
lol yah that was a feat in and of itself!

I seriously no lie spent like 25 minutes trying to find anything resembling a search feature. I have been members of several forums and I have never ever ever seen one that was that poorly set up.

all I was able to find is this Join the Rich Dad Community Forum and learn about cash flow.

I was able to log in but unable to do anything whatsoever. You cant even click on peoples names in the posts. i have gone back like 200 pages of the thread lists and am only back to 2007. there seriosuly doesnt seem to be a search function at all. that cant be right...

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Looks like that did a hack job of making the site a whole piece. You log in in the top right of the complete site. Looks like they stripped some of the functionality of the forum. Search is now google site search at the bottom right of the site.

Overall pretty terrible inplementation... but is this really a surprise. Who reads anything there anymore anyway, if you are trying to find old posts, do this..

goto google

search "site:richdad.com {insert username or whatever here}"

without the quotes or brackets obviously. whatever is indexed will come up. it may be faster for you that way.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
tyvm! i was able to do that google search thing

exactly what I wanted

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007

Seniorpreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada
Forum Revelation

Well I finally did it everyone. I officially logged out of the Rich Dad forums for the last time. Like the rest of you, I have grown all too tired of the non-doers who sit around on their computers all day and do nothing toward the development of themselves, all the while debating, name-calling and spewing their political or other crazy agendas throughout the community. Luckily, as of my posting in this thread, it appears the ones I want to distance myself from most have yet to join this community

Its too bad. I really liked the RD forums at one time, and I am still a believer in the Rich Dad philosophy. But the people there that I am leaving because of are such negative forms of energy that I have no other choice. Sometimes I would find myself literally getting side-tracked for hours getting pulled into some debate about a complete non-issue. I can't afford that any longer. I can't allow that negativity to effect me.

I'll miss it there. But it is what I have to do in order to move forward.

Merkin Man,

I think that you found the right revelation by focusing on your own personal development. I would like to extend this to start-up your OWN small business instead of making 'others' rich by working on their business.
Good Luck in your future Entrepreneurial activities.

Seniorpreneur

Reisteve

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 6, 2007
Why I left RD???

Easy.. they band me from it when I called them and their buddy "Utahinvestor" out...

They all are selling the medicine but not willing to take any of it...

Robert K knew nothing about his own site or his own forum...

Utahinvestor... aka Mark Kemp... ended up in prison...again!!!! (He was a convicted felon when he was on RD)

Funny how not being a part of it anymore has been a blessing!!!

:smxB:

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Your the last one left MJ. Youngentrepreneur forum is dead as well.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Understood. Thanks.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Understood. Thanks.
If you read this thread, you'll see why this is the best forum on the internet for entrepreneurship. See why everyone left RD, and what caused them to leave, and why everyone (that's serious about business) chooses to come here.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
When is RK giving a seminar on "How to Give Seminars and Make Millions"? I think that is the one I would attend since that is the real Fastlane plan he is executing.

you know, customers are used to be entertained .

entertainement is perception over substance and value

politics, business, medias : all these things tend to mix together

remember that president Ronald Reagan was a former movie actor. so is Arnold Schwarzenegger.

so what do i mean ?

1) people will buy the illusion of wealth 2) but they won't necessary work hard to achieve results with the product they bought

the self help industry takes place in the first part : selling the illusion to people who won't do anything with the product

since few people will actually go for the second part , selling only hope to millions of people can be seen as a fastlane mindset

you create something out of nothing : the illusion of the good life

you are like Jesus which created bread and wine out of nothing. you have the same power

i consider all these guys that sell hope as marketing geniuses

they simply are smart enough to tap into an endless source of energy that yield extraordinary results : human psychology

is it moral ? if customers are happy then what is morality in this case ?

is inteligence moral ?

if i could do like them, i would sign my financial freedom document right there on this forum

by the way, this is politics strategy : selling hope .

presidents are not punished by society for bad results. they simply say they are sorry and that's it !!

this is inteligence

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
This is funny. I guess I never commented on why I left. I left early.. like in 2001 or 2002 because they changed their database log in and I got locked out.. because I had multiple accounts because they had dumb programmers and I grabbed Wild Flower wild flower etc. So no one else could get them and look like me. BUT somehow I lost access to my main account. I was the one who datascaped their database (still have it) and ran all these stats. RD Phil Lechter came to our Real Estate Forum meet up in Vegas and I knew more about his database than he did. :) He complimented me. I was the one who ran the report for utahinvestor and put all his 300 posts in one document. Good stuff there. BUT in simple reason, I left because I got locked out of my Wild Flower (maybe they go rid of the space and it messed it up- IDK). AND I felt like I've moved on. We had a large group of people we did deals with but that deteriorated too. Especially when we discovered utahinvestor was behind on taxes, stole money from a firm and went to prison over it, and basically discovered why he wanted everyone to name their company All Star Investing. Much easier to blend in with others if you are doing criminal activities. He burned people.. and some other people burned people. several went to prison. Boy it was a ride though. This is my favorite forum. I pop in every now and again. I noticed today that the RD forum is gone. Life is a journey.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This is funny. I guess I never commented on why I left. I left early.. like in 2001 or 2002 because they changed their database log in and I got locked out.. because I had multiple accounts because they had dumb programmers and I grabbed Wild Flower wild flower etc. So no one else could get them and look like me. BUT somehow I lost access to my main account. I was the one who datascaped their database (still have it) and ran all these stats. RD Phil Lechter came to our Real Estate Forum meet up in Vegas and I knew more about his database than he did. :) He complimented me. I was the one who ran the report for utahinvestor and put all his 300 posts in one document. Good stuff there. BUT in simple reason, I left because I got locked out of my Wild Flower (maybe they go rid of the space and it messed it up- IDK). AND I felt like I've moved on. We had a large group of people we did deals with but that deteriorated too. Especially when we discovered utahinvestor was behind on taxes, stole money from a firm and went to prison over it, and basically discovered why he wanted everyone to name their company All Star Investing. Much easier to blend in with others if you are doing criminal activities. He burned people.. and some other people burned people. several went to prison. Boy it was a ride though. This is my favorite forum. I pop in every now and again. I noticed today that the RD forum is gone. Life is a journey.
What kind of investing are you doing now? Man... that guy pulled a bunch of people into his boat.

I went up to that Vegas gathering. There was supposed to be a separate meeting with the top investors to talk about deals and such. It never panned out. Ended up being wasted time.

What ever became of PaulieShark and Donna?

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
What kind of investing are you doing now? Man... that guy pulled a bunch of people into his boat.

I went up to that Vegas gathering. There was supposed to be a separate meeting with the top investors to talk about deals and such. It never panned out. Ended up being wasted time.

What ever became of PaulieShark and Donna?

I'm sorry the Vegas didn't work out. There were 300 people there.. but we ended up meeting the people that turned into the utahinvestor group. I'm still friends with some of the good people. Many moved on to other investments or businesses. I learned A LOT from the group.. We did over 100 deals and partnered on nearly all of the deals with people in the group, and we could see the housing crash coming.. it was crazy.. people earning 60k in a 800k home! I was like.. how the heck did they get that loan. Watching THE BIG SHORT movie was interesting and weird to watch. I remember specifically saying.. in 2003 "In 3-5 years it's going to crash". There were that many people grossly underwater. Banks were selling notes left and right. AND watching the 99 homes was infuriating, they committed fraud when they didn't have to in the movie. BUT I have spoken to many homeowners that were ripped off by criminals (investors is too nice of a word). We helped save people's homes too a few times.. we didn't make anything.. just helped. Boy haven't thought about all that in a while.

Right now, I have other endeavors ;) Life is a journey. BUT we were looking at open houses for fun in SoCal and they want full retail with 30-80k fix-up! WTH .. if we have to fix it up.. We are getting a discount! LOL So looked at the distressed properties.. flipping. Getting the itch again and the market seems to be there.

Honestly I have no idea about Paulie and Donna.. I forgot about them. That's funny. I wonder too. They weren't part of the utahgroup that I know. Didn't they have a CD put together or something. I might actually still have it. I forget.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm sorry the Vegas didn't work out. There were 300 people there.. but we ended up meeting the people that turned into the utahinvestor group. I'm still friends with some of the good people. Many moved on to other investments or businesses. I learned A LOT from the group.. We did over 100 deals and partnered on nearly all of the deals with people in the group, and we could see the housing crash coming.. it was crazy.. people earning 60k in a 800k home! I was like.. how the heck did they get that loan. Watching THE BIG SHORT movie was interesting and weird to watch. I remember specifically saying.. in 2003 "In 3-5 years it's going to crash". There were that many people grossly underwater. Banks were selling notes left and right. AND watching the 99 homes was infuriating, they committed fraud when they didn't have to in the movie. BUT I have spoken to many homeowners that were ripped off by criminals (investors is too nice of a word). We helped save people's homes too a few times.. we didn't make anything.. just helped. Boy haven't thought about all that in a while.

Right now, I have other endeavors ;) Life is a journey. BUT we were looking at open houses for fun in SoCal and they want full retail with 30-80k fix-up! WTH .. if we have to fix it up.. We are getting a discount! LOL So looked at the distressed properties.. flipping. Getting the itch again and the market seems to be there.

Honestly I have no idea about Paulie and Donna.. I forgot about them. That's funny. I wonder too. They weren't part of the utahgroup that I know. Didn't they have a CD put together or something. I might actually still have it. I forget.
I was 24tea on the old forum. I knew most of the people involved. Thanks for the update!

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
I was 24tea on the old forum. I knew most of the people involved. Thanks for the update!

I remember your name... I'm doing a search on my computer to find the database! hee hee... What are you investing in now?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007