The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For those that left "RD Forums"

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Drop the RD lingo and BS. The book is suppossed to get you to look outside the box, not follow everything inside it. When i see that stuff and lauguage posted on here (yes i have read the book) i think about a person the same way i do primerica/amway/quixtar (thanks Peter2) person. brainwashed out the a$$ to start an online business or make money in RE.

I propose (being a constructive critic here) Get off your a$$ and actually do something beside a lame a$$ ad revenue driven online site/blog. If you want to live large and fulfil your dream ETC ETC you have to acctually develop your own mindset and personality, take from books what you need and dont copy others. Thus you will apply it to the joys of your life and money will come.

the end

for now anyway

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Drop the RD lingo and BS. The book is suppossed to get you to look outside the box, not follow everything inside it. When i see that stuff and lauguage posted on here (yes i have read the book) i think about a person the same way i do primerica/amway/quixtar (thanks Peter2) person. brainwashed out the a$$ to start an online business or make money in RE.

I propose (being a constructive critic here) Get off your a$$ and actually do something beside a lame a$$ ad revenue driven online site/blog. If you want to live large and fulfil your dream ETC ETC you have to acctually develop your own mindset and personality, take from books what you need and dont copy others. Thus you will apply it to the joys of your life and money will come.

the end

for now anyway

Your post is better suited for that forum, not this one.

Most of the people here are DOERS vs the TALKERS ... that's why we are here! The RD forum was overrunning the DOERS. Quality posts got lost in the shuffle.

Most of us who came here via RD forum love the book and have taken action from it. We see it for what it is. Start businesses, think independently, don't follow the crowds.

We had issue with people who were critics and ultimately do nothing but talk, criticize, and play devils advocate.

This forum is for DOERS in business -- not brainless strategies like MLM, affiliate ebooks, blah blah -- no one here cares about your FREE REPORT!!! :eusa_clap:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Your post is better suited for that forum, not this one.

Most of the people here are DOERS vs the TALKERS ... that's why we are here! The RD forum was overrunning the DOERS. Quality posts got lost in the shuffle.

Most of us who came here via RD forum love the book and have taken action from it. We see it for what it is. Start businesses, think independently, don't follow the crowds.

We had issue with people who were critics and ultimately do nothing but talk, criticize, and play devils advocate.

This forum is for DOERS in business -- not brainless strategies like MLM, affiliate ebooks, blah blah -- no one here cares about your FREE REPORT!!! :eusa_clap:

While I do agree with the majority of the population it seems some still filter through. In any case take my "free report" (not sure if that was directed at me) with a grain of salt and a beer.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
While I do agree with the majority of the population it seems some still filter through. In any case take my "free report" (not sure if that was directed at me) with a grain of salt and a beer.

No it wasn't directed at you ... why do you have a "free report?"

It was a joke as it usually is a spammer prelude to harvest email addresses to sell some overpriced ebook.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Thats what i figured it may be, my e-sarcasm detection machine is running low on warning light blinker fluid today.

And no.... no free reports from me. Those are givin out to ugly women(beer goggle level) at the end of the night at the bar.... LOL

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Hey Lighthouse,

What is the "RD lingo" you refer to?

And which folks are your "get off your *ss" comments aimed at? The ones who have blogs?

Most of the folks I know that are on these boards from RD are, as MJ says, "doers", not "dreamers". They have multiple income streams (to borrow another authors "lingo" ;) )

What gotcha so ticked off?

Looking forward to being illuminated --even if you stick a light up my butt! :smx4:

-Russ H.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Drop the RD lingo and BS. The book is suppossed to get you to look outside the box, not follow everything inside it. When i see that stuff and lauguage posted on here...

What are you talking about??? What is the RD lingo and BS and where is it on here?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I know I am programmed with the lingo. The terms "ratrace", "fast track", and "loser" are programmed into my head. :smx4:

I don't see any need to drop all the lingo as long as it gets the point across. The obvious change is the addition of "fastlane" and "slowlane" into the vocab. :banana:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Hey Lighthouse,

What is the "RD lingo" you refer to?

And which folks are your "get off your *ss" comments aimed at? The ones who have blogs?

Most of the folks I know that are on these boards from RD are, as MJ says, "doers", not "dreamers". They have multiple income streams (to borrow another authors "lingo" ;) )

What gotcha so ticked off?

Looking forward to being illuminated --even if you stick a light up my butt! :smx4:

-Russ H.

See the post above as far as lingo, and these comments seem to be taken an edge to close to seriousness. More of a motivating messege. In my eyes from seeing that board and seeing some of the "dreamers" it seems as though someone will read the book and copy. much like you see in alot of start ups you see what works or is percieved to work and you copy it witout knowing what it is your talking about. Dont worry Russ this is not directed at you!

What are you talking about??? What is the RD lingo and BS and where is it on here?

no real point in finding any of it, ive just read over it some in here and at this point the majority of to board migrated from there and alot of references are given towords RK etc etc

forgive any spelling or grammer mistakes, been working on my accounting system the last to days. I'm all computered out.:smx5:

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
I know I am programmed with the lingo. The terms "ratrace", "fast track", and "loser" are programmed into my head. :smx4:

Hey Steve - (or anyone here)

I know ratrace and fast track... but what defines a loser. (just to satisfy curiosity)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Hey Steve - (or anyone here)

I know ratrace and fast track... but what defines a loser. (just to satisfy curiosity)

see tom Vu's videos

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
RK tends to call a lot of people losers (with the "L" sign on his forehead to drive the point). I learned that I am one. :thumbsup:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Y'know, we never posted that great pic.

I'll see if I can dig it up over here! :rofl:

-Russ H.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Ummm... RD didn't originate the term ratrace or fasttrack or even loser.
LOL
The ratrace has always been the corporate game.
Heck, we even have a charity race in our city
(down the financial district) called The Ratrace.

I tend to call the ratrace corporate but that ain't exactly right either.

RK didn't do anything new
except repackage the same info floating around
in an easy-to-read book

As for dissing people with blogs,
well, I like to write.
When you retire,
you can annoy others by doing whatever you want
too.

And I put it in my siggie
because I've seen a positive correlation between doing that
and not having to answer repetitive questions.

: )

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.