• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

OFF-TOPIC For those that left "RD Forums"

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by LightHouse, Aug 20, 2007.

1. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $29,378
    Drop the RD lingo and BS. The book is suppossed to get you to look outside the box, not follow everything inside it. When i see that stuff and lauguage posted on here (yes i have read the book) i think about a person the same way i do primerica/amway/quixtar (thanks Peter2) person. brainwashed out the a$$ to start an online business or make money in RE.

I propose (being a constructive critic here) Get off your a$$ and actually do something beside a lame a$$ ad revenue driven online site/blog. If you want to live large and fulfil your dream ETC ETC you have to acctually develop your own mindset and personality, take from books what you need and dont copy others. Thus you will apply it to the joys of your life and money will come.

the end

for now anyway

2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $365,277
    Admin Post
    Your post is better suited for that forum, not this one.

Most of the people here are DOERS vs the TALKERS ... that's why we are here! The RD forum was overrunning the DOERS. Quality posts got lost in the shuffle.

Most of us who came here via RD forum love the book and have taken action from it. We see it for what it is. Start businesses, think independently, don't follow the crowds.

We had issue with people who were critics and ultimately do nothing but talk, criticize, and play devils advocate.

This forum is for DOERS in business -- not brainless strategies like MLM, affiliate ebooks, blah blah -- no one here cares about your FREE REPORT!!! :eusa_clap:

SteveO likes this.
  3. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $29,378

While I do agree with the majority of the population it seems some still filter through. In any case take my "free report" (not sure if that was directed at me) with a grain of salt and a beer.

4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $365,277
    Admin Post
    No it wasn't directed at you ... why do you have a "free report?"

It was a joke as it usually is a spammer prelude to harvest email addresses to sell some overpriced ebook.

5. LightHouse

Rep Bank:
    $29,378
    Thats what i figured it may be, my e-sarcasm detection machine is running low on warning light blinker fluid today.

And no.... no free reports from me. Those are givin out to ugly women(beer goggle level) at the end of the night at the bar.... LOL

1 person likes this.
  6. Russ H

Russ H Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,285
    Hey Lighthouse,

What is the "RD lingo" you refer to?

And which folks are your "get off your *ss" comments aimed at? The ones who have blogs?

Most of the folks I know that are on these boards from RD are, as MJ says, "doers", not "dreamers". They have multiple income streams (to borrow another authors "lingo" ;) )

What gotcha so ticked off?

Looking forward to being illuminated --even if you stick a light up my butt! :smx4:

-Russ H.

7. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $175,392
    What are you talking about??? What is the RD lingo and BS and where is it on here?

2 people like this.
  8. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $91,768
    I know I am programmed with the lingo. The terms "ratrace", "fast track", and "loser" are programmed into my head. :smx4:

I don't see any need to drop all the lingo as long as it gets the point across. The obvious change is the addition of "fastlane" and "slowlane" into the vocab. :banana:

3 people like this.
  9. LightHouse

Rep Bank:
    $29,378
    See the post above as far as lingo, and these comments seem to be taken an edge to close to seriousness. More of a motivating messege. In my eyes from seeing that board and seeing some of the "dreamers" it seems as though someone will read the book and copy. much like you see in alot of start ups you see what works or is percieved to work and you copy it witout knowing what it is your talking about. Dont worry Russ this is not directed at you!

no real point in finding any of it, ive just read over it some in here and at this point the majority of to board migrated from there and alot of references are given towords RK etc etc

forgive any spelling or grammer mistakes, been working on my accounting system the last to days. I'm all computered out.:smx5:

1 person likes this.
  10. randallg99

randallg99 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $164

Hey Steve - (or anyone here)

I know ratrace and fast track... but what defines a loser. (just to satisfy curiosity)

11. LightHouse

Rep Bank:
    $29,378
    see tom Vu's videos

12. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $365,277
    Admin Post
    :rofl::rofl: :iamwithstupid:

3 people like this.
  13. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $91,768
    RK tends to call a lot of people losers (with the "L" sign on his forehead to drive the point). I learned that I am one. :thumbsup:

14. Russ H

Russ H Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,285
    Y'know, we never posted that great pic.

I'll see if I can dig it up over here! :rofl:

-Russ H.

15. kimberland

kimberland Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $118
    Ummm... RD didn't originate the term ratrace or fasttrack or even loser.
    LOL
    The ratrace has always been the corporate game.
    Heck, we even have a charity race in our city
    (down the financial district) called The Ratrace.

I tend to call the ratrace corporate but that ain't exactly right either.

RK didn't do anything new
    except repackage the same info floating around
    in an easy-to-read book

As for dissing people with blogs,
    well, I like to write.
    When you retire,
    you can annoy others by doing whatever you want
    too.

And I put it in my siggie
    because I've seen a positive correlation between doing that
    and not having to answer repetitive questions.

: )

kidgas and andviv like this.
  16. JScott

JScott Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $43,922
    I've played a lot of poker with Tommy Vu, and let me tell you, he's just as bad in person...

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.