The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why do I need to be more productive as a student

Anything related to matters of the mind

Barnet

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 8, 2021
Hello all,

I am needing to complete a speech on the topic 'Why should we as yr 13's be more productive when entering the workforce?'

I have got a couple if points which include, it increases the business/yourselves profitability. And, Your work ethic is increased .

Just wondering if you guys have any other quality points that you could share to us yr 13's? (Last year of school)

Much appreciated!

Barnet

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
When reading the title of your talk I instantly realise what is wrong with the education around the world.

At school, people are told to give a talk why it is important to be productive WHEN ENTERING THE WORKFORCE. But actually, in my opinion, people should start becoming productive (and also effective, efficient and so on) way earlier in life. We can never start early enough to be innovative.

Why do we have to be productive? Because you have one choice. You either become a successful person, maybe even a teenage millionaire, or you become a person just sitting on the couch all day. Your legacy will also be what your children will talk about when remembering you.

Only by being productive people can create all the inventions improving our world.
Only by being productive and inventing products that solve actual problems we can live longer than 30 years.
Only because of productive inventors we no longer have to work in mines for 16 hours a day seven days a week but can pursue our passion, for instance the passion of becoming a teacher, doctor or lawyer.
Only by productivity our probability to survive and to thrive increases a lot.

Productivity also empowers all of us. When physical and manual labor is replaced by machines, there is less probability to be excluded from the opportunity to create a better society just because of having a different gender or because the people suffer from a life-changing accident. Would those machines be invented without productivity? Of course not.

So let's be productive today to create a better future, a better legacy for ourselves, our children and our world.

Give a talk like that and your grade will be horrible because "it sounds like business talk" and "it looks like this person does not know what they are talking about". But grades do not matter. Improving lives does.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
"It's good to be productive so that I can make more money and own my business. If I'm not productive, then I'll be some average person with a low paying job like a teacher".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
"Create more than you consume" - is pretty much the only way to get ahead. That's almost definitely not what they want you to say, though.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hello all,

I am needing to complete a speech on the topic 'Why should we as yr 13's be more productive when entering the workforce?'

I have got a couple if points which include, it increases the business/yourselves profitability. And, Your work ethic is increased .

Just wondering if you guys have any other quality points that you could share to us yr 13's? (Last year of school)

Much appreciated!

Barnet
Your reasons are very generic. You need to develop a passion about learning, working, and dealing with the world. Dealing with the world includes learning to relate to other people. Most productivity starts with those human relationships.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.