The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to be more productive and reach your goals

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Ed Schimmel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 19, 2021
Brisbane, Australia
Like many of you, I am almost always working on side projects. I have tried several productivity techniques to get the most out of my spare time, like the Pomodoro technique and staying in the flow.

It seems the technique that works for someone is very dependent on the type of task. As a software engineer, I prefer to stay in the flow once I am there. I don't want to be disturbed every 25 minutes.

Not long ago, I read how people factor in their energy levels when planning tasks. Over the years, I found out that my most productive hours are early in the morning. I always try to plan architectural tasks in the morning. I do the actual programming a few hours later, following my plans.

I know many people only roughly follow the Pomodoro technique, breaking after two pomodori instead of one, or starting on a new pomodoro, while they should be documenting.

Also, these techniques in themself don't track your progress or allow you to plan ahead. You still have to write that down somewhere separately.

I wonder what you think about these productivity techniques and how you use them. If you use the Pomodoro Technique, how do you fill your breaks?

I am especially interested; the software I have worked on for a few years is about increasing your productivity. Your findings could be valuable additions.

I have added an Ad to the Market place where you can find more detailed information. The Ad is called: 'Quotodoro: How to be more productive and reach your goals. For entrepreneurs and freelancers.'

If you are interested, you can use the promotion code FASTLANE for an extended trial period of 28 days. This will give you ample time to try all the functionalities of Quotodoro. When you decide to sign up, you will receive a 5% discount on the monthly subscription for the duration of your membership.

Ed

Some interesting articles:

Pomodoro technique
The Pomodoro Technique — Why It Works & How To Do It

Articles about getting in the Flow
The Flow State: How to Enter Your Brain's Most Productive State
How To Reach Flow State (Using 10 Flow State ‘Triggers’)

Energy levels
When to work: How to optimize your daily schedule for energy, motivation, and focus

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Like many of you, I am almost always working on side projects. I have tried several productivity techniques to get the most out of my spare time, like the Pomodoro technique and staying in the flow.

It seems the technique that works for someone is very dependent on the type of task. As a software engineer, I prefer to stay in the flow once I am there. I don't want to be disturbed every 25 minutes.

Not long ago, I read how people factor in their energy levels when planning tasks. Over the years, I found out that my most productive hours are early in the morning. I always try to plan architectural tasks in the morning. I do the actual programming a few hours later, following my plans.

I know many people only roughly follow the Pomodoro technique, breaking after two pomodori instead of one, or starting on a new pomodoro, while they should be documenting.

Also, these techniques in themself don't track your progress or allow you to plan ahead. You still have to write that down somewhere separately.

I wonder what you think about these productivity techniques and how you use them. If you use the Pomodoro Technique, how do you fill your breaks?

I am especially interested; the software I have worked on for a few years is about increasing your productivity. Your findings could be valuable additions.

I have added an Ad to the Market place where you can find more detailed information. The Ad is called: 'Quotodoro: How to be more productive and reach your goals. For entrepreneurs and freelancers.'

If you are interested, you can use the promotion code FASTLANE for an extended trial period of 28 days. This will give you ample time to try all the functionalities of Quotodoro. When you decide to sign up, you will receive a 5% discount on the monthly subscription for the duration of your membership.

Ed

Some interesting articles:

Pomodoro technique
The Pomodoro Technique — Why It Works & How To Do It

Articles about getting in the Flow
The Flow State: How to Enter Your Brain's Most Productive State
How To Reach Flow State (Using 10 Flow State ‘Triggers’)

Energy levels
When to work: How to optimize your daily schedule for energy, motivation, and focus
The powerlist by Andy Frisella is also very good. Have been using it for the last 250 days and it's great. You don't have to hustle and work 16-18 hour days like all these Instagram entrepreneurs tell you to do, which is all bs by the way and anyone who's ever achieved anything knows that's bullshit.

Your 3-4 hours of complete focus will be better than most people's 8-10 hours. Pomodoro is also pretty good.

Tighe

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 12, 2022
I personally find the Pomodoro technique very effective. Due to our short attention spans I usually do 25 on 5 off, at least I found this works best for me. During the 5 min off I'll either look out a window, go outside, get a drink, etc. But absolutely NO PHONE during that 5 min off. Another technique I use is starring at a set place nearby. Ex. a wall, laptop, desk, etc. for 30-60 seconds before going about my work. By doing this it always your mind and body to work efficiently together, preparing it for a state of readiness, making us more likely to lean into our goals/ action. Those two together have been very helpful for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ed Schimmel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 19, 2021
Brisbane, Australia
I personally find the Pomodoro technique very effective. Due to our short attention spans I usually do 25 on 5 off, at least I found this works best for me. During the 5 min off I'll either look out a window, go outside, get a drink, etc. But absolutely NO PHONE during that 5 min off. Another technique I use is starring at a set place nearby. Ex. a wall, laptop, desk, etc. for 30-60 seconds before going about my work. By doing this it always your mind and body to work efficiently together, preparing it for a state of readiness, making us more likely to lean into our goals/ action. Those two together have been very helpful for me.
That is true. Not every break is the same. It is important to rest your mind during your break, but don't get distracted from what you were doing. In the past, when I had smoke breaks, I found solutions to problems I was working on for hours.

Breaks where you distract yourself, like social media, will get you to start all over again. First having to get back in your workflow before you can make progress again.

That is also one of the reasons I don't like to take a break every 25 minutes, I prefer a bit longer to get in the flow and get done more, being focused.

Ed Schimmel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 19, 2021
Brisbane, Australia
I first want to thank the people who have tried Quotodoro for some time. I have been able to reduce my costs and therefore I can offer Quotodoro for a lower price. I hope this will encourage more people to start using Quotodoro. You can still trial Quotodoro for 4 weeks. After the first four weeks, you can start a monthly subscription for 3USD.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.