The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who have you helped?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey MJ or any other Fastlaner who can help me. I have a question.
I have all MJ's books. How do I make it show on my profile? Something of the kind.
There's a thread for each of the books titled "I've read <book name>".

Reply to those and the system will give you your badges.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
There's a thread for each of the books titled "I've read <book name>".

Reply to those and the system will give you your badges.
Thanks Andy. Let me check it out. Some learning to do here.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Transcript finally added!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
To be in business though we need to GET PAID.

So ultimately we want to help/entertain/add value, AND get paid.

So while you exercise your helping muscle, think about how you can help people with some service or product AND get paid.

Does that help?
Kind of helped.

Even though I have read some of your posts, it got me thinking the other day every time I shower.

Why do people do everything they do? Why do they pay in terms of money, time, work, or mental load?

I have my own answer in my mind, but I don't know if it's correct.

That's why I asked you in the PMs whether or not you have an independent post about helping what people "are already willing to pay for" and you replied with the quote "help the people in motion".

The word "motion" got me thinking again in another shower. Why are people in motion? Also, what makes a problem a significant problem for people? I mean if they do nothing, they wouldn't experience those problems in the first place right? I think this is why it's important to observe what those people have been trying to do to solve their problems before helping them.

My thoughts are that everyone are subtly ambitious to some degree. Drew E. Whitman described the 8 primary human desires in his book Cashvertising, and I'm contemplating whether most ambitions in people are probably rooted from some of the primary desires.

Actually you know what, I think I'm just making things complicated lmao. I'll just go back to talking about what people struggle with a product/service then help them with that pain and come up with a minimum viable product which value skew solves that pain.

And I'll keep on helping people with no expectations, like holding the door open for someone.

Maybe the takeaway here is the main goal of helping people and their loved ones is for them to enjoy life.

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
Maybe the takeaway here is the main goal of helping people and their loved ones is for them to enjoy life.
I just thought of this "enjoying life" thing just now, I don't know if I'm correct on this or not. So what do you think, @Andy Black ?

Because of that, next time instead of starting my sales pitch with "what are you struggling with?", maybe I'll ask: "How would you (and your family) enjoy life?"

EDIT: I think this question is too broad and a bit vague. So maybe instead of asking that person directly, I'll think to myself "How can I help this person enjoy life? How can I make him happier?"

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.