The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where Did They All Go?

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Here are two posts to get you started (see the whole threads for more context):

Some of the traits that indicate an aspiring entrepreneur has potential (in my opinion):

How a really smart person can make 7- or 8-figures pretty reliably in the "slowlane":

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
Thank you for those kind words!

The podcast has taken a bit to really get into the groove, but we're starting to feel really good about it, and we have some great guests coming up in the new year!

Here's the Michael Michalowicz episode that I highly recommend to everyone here, especially the new entrepreneurs:

This post got me listening today to the very first podcast, the one with Joshua Dorkin. Loved it! Thanks @JScott ! I will certainly check out the Michael Michalowicz one too.

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
I've been reading through some old threads from around 2014. Multi-page GOLD and NOTABLE threads with people posting every day like maniacs dropping value bombs like nobody's business.

Every now and then I check the user's profile and see that they haven't logged on in months or even years. It's like they just stopped coming here or gave up on the Fastlane dream altogether. Maybe life just got in the way, had kids, or found a job they were happy with?

Even gold contributors, people who showed up daily, took action, hustled and gave back to the community like a family...it's just...a bummer...

I would've liked to talk to these guys and gals back in the day!
I know this response may get ridiculed but I believe its because there isnt an app. At least to my knowledge.

It's a lot easier and convenient to hop on my phone through an app and talk with you guys. Just clunky on my phone. Galaxy S9 here.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I always question @biophase why he takes the time to post. To me, it looks like a waste of time. You're helping dudes who don't think they need it, who won't follow through anyways, and who probably will not even be on the forum a few months later.
It's not a waste of time because often someone genuinely wants information and gains benefit from the replies, but sadly I see many cases in which a newbie wants help with a problem, and because they have not bothered to learn anything about the forum and such things as Gold threads they ignore the advice offered by very experienced members.

I have sometimes thought that some of these new members think that Legendary, or Epic, or Gold, are badges that can be bought, just like the status badges on Alibaba et al.

Occasionally, I do feel disheartened when providing advice. But luckily for me I move on. My hope is that people do reach out to me. There are just enough people who advance their agenda with action after we converse. Luckily I'm relatively new to the forum, and working through issues with other people helps me as an entrepreneur as well. I can imagine over time losing the energy to help others though.
From time to time I have posted advice to help newbies out of a deep hole that they have dug for themselves, and seen them blunder on, heedless. Once I see that they are just digging their hole deeper, I don't go back to those threads. Yes, you have to move on.

Walter.
P.S. It should be mandatory for every new member to answer a couple of questions by using the search facility. At least that will teach them that there is a search Icon 29007 at the end of the top toolbar.

Last edited:

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Just for example, I know firsthand (via private email) that this forum lost several women due to the anti-feminist talk that happened here earlier in the year (maybe late 2018). When one member says ridiculous things it often gets projected to the forum as a whole. Because mods (and me) don't read every post, every thread, there's a lot of stuff that hangs around the periphery, and sometimes that's enough to get someone to say, "Meh, not for me."
Bummer. That's unfortunate.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Here are the usual reasons I don't post as much:

1. Don't feel like I have something I really want to share.
When I first joined I made a pact with myself to not waste anybody's time and to try to make every post as valuable as possible. It was the kind of mentality I hoped to receive in return.

2. Increasing number of low-value contributions
A lot of times when I click into a post that looks interesting it turns out to be something really stupid not worth reading or responding to and violates my expectations based on the pact from above.

3. Expectation of future free value based on past free value
Sometimes I wonder why past high-value contributors are expected to show up and provide more free value in the future. It's not like there's a box you check at sign up for "Legendary." We all start the same place with "Parked" and zero posts. Sometimes new people make GOLD posts. So why is a burden of expectation placed on people who've already contributed value that continues to hold value to this day?

4. It sucks when you share something and people don't use it
Whether it's a value-post or a response, it all takes time and energy and when people repeatedly disregard advice they asked for, or get hyped and praise suggestions from a post and then disappear, it's kind of draining. It's also disheartening to watch some who are so motivated go through their failures, especially those who throw in the towel.

5. Misalignment of values
Sometimes I don't feel like my values align with the forum. A lot of people see Fastlane as the creation of a multi-million dollar business with an exit plan. I mainly enjoy the process of creating passive systems that cover my expenses and free my time while I do what I want.

Also, I'm a *figure it out on my own* kind of guy and there's a lot of whiny, needy people who show up and want their hand held.

A to the F'ing men

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I'm not an old timer here or some legendary poster guru, but besides the reasons @MJ DeMarco and @Lex DeVille already posted... I know I post less frequent now because I decided I needed to put more focus on my business.

I do try to answer questions in posts I started and keep those up to date if I can, but trying to keep my head down to grow more business has become more important to me in the last 12 months than start new posts or answer posts where someone else already said what I would have said too.

I even decided not to come to the coming up Summit so I could spend more time focused on growing business and pumping stuff out.

Sometimes you have to make choices based on how life and business change.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.