The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When to wake up, how to find time to entrepreneur while working a full time job...

Jdes91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 5, 2020
Hi guys, just finished reading the Millionaire Fastlane , loved it. Question for all of you, how much time do you all spend working on/developing your business ideas, especially if you work 35 hours a week? Do you all wake up around the same time every day? What are some of your habits that make you successful? I have no issue getting up early (I used to do 430am monday-friday but stopped a month ago) Do you see friends on weekends too? Just wondering how I should mold my life if I want to be successful...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maikooo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 7, 2018
Hey, when I had 9-5, I used to do 5am-7.30am morning focus, including the morning routine described in the Miracle Morning book. I did everything on empty stomach, so kinda combining the short intermittent fasting as well. Worked like a charm.

Then, just to experiment, I also tried the evening shift from 8-9pm till midnight/1am and have to say the mornings were much more productive - it also helps you set your day for the better, bcs you are pumped from working on your own assets.

Actually, I also do it now, working for myself, especially during the summer when it's easier to wake up bcs of the natural light.

What I also do now is that before lunch I do 30min of p90x3/t25/22minutes of Tony Horton/Shaun T to pump up the blood and refresh the brain.

Jdes91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 5, 2020
Hey, when I had 9-5, I used to do 5am-7.30am morning focus, including the morning routine described in the Miracle Morning book. I did everything on empty stomach, so kinda combining the short intermittent fasting as well. Worked like a charm.

Then, just to experiment, I also tried the evening shift from 8-9pm till midnight/1am and have to say the mornings were much more productive - it also helps you set your day for the better, bcs you are pumped from working on your own assets.

Actually, I also do it now, working for myself, especially during the summer when it's easier to wake up bcs of the natural light.

What I also do now is that before lunch I do 30min of p90x3/t25/22minutes of Tony Horton/Shaun T to pump up the blood and refresh the brain.
Good stuff man, did you keep that schedule on weekends or did you give yourself time to sleep in then?

maikooo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 7, 2018
Good stuff man, did you keep that schedule on weekends or did you give yourself time to sleep in then?
Sleeping in was the worst - it f-s up your rhythm - I allowed myself perhaps +1h more in some instances

Jdes91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 5, 2020
Sleeping in was the worst - it f-s up your rhythm - I allowed myself perhaps +1h more in some instances
What was the latest you stayed up? Did you go out on weekends with friends?

tpuffer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Sep 12, 2019
Hi guys, just finished reading the Millionaire Fastlane , loved it. Question for all of you, how much time do you all spend working on/developing your business ideas, especially if you work 35 hours a week? Do you all wake up around the same time every day? What are some of your habits that make you successful? I have no issue getting up early (I used to do 430am monday-friday but stopped a month ago) Do you see friends on weekends too? Just wondering how I should mold my life if I want to be successful...

Wait - you only work 35 hours per week at your day job?

You have a damn eternity to start a business.

When I bought my duplex and had to renovate so that cash would start coming in I was waking up at 5 AM at the latest, going to work, then coming back and working on the renovation until 11PM sometimes midnight.

When I was searching and while still learning learning about self storage I was waking up at 5AM to review possible deals. I'd call people in the industry cold during lunch to try and build a relationship and learn about the industry. Then I'd get home and keep learning and calling people.

That's what has worked for me. If you get up at 7AM and can still get after it - then that's great!

Here's the habit you need - Discipline. Everyday. Sometimes this means not seeing friends for a month straight. Sometimes that means not Netflix and chilling. But that's the cost to get where you want to go and to be who you want to be.

Question is - are you willing to be disciplined and put in the work or are you going to worry about seeing your friends every weekend?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
See if you can just switch to part time, or just find a part time job and quit your current one. Would make your life alot easier assuming you have a bit of money saved up.

tpuffer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Sep 12, 2019
See if you can just switch to part time, or just find a part time job and quit your current one. Would make your life alot easier assuming you have a bit of money saved up.

@Jdes91 is already part-time at 35 hours per week. More time isn't needed to get going. Prioritizing and executing a schedule is what is needed.

There are people who work double that and still start a successful business prior to leaving a job.

But it doesn't sound like the OP wants to hear that as they are still talking about sleeping in and spending the weekend with friends above.

They need a mindset change before anything is going to happen.

@Jdes91 - I suggest you read some of the GOLD threads here of some of the things people did to get there business successful.

Jdes91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 5, 2020
@Jdes91 is already part-time at 35 hours per week. More time isn't needed to get going. Prioritizing and executing a schedule is what is needed.

There are people who work double that and still start a successful business prior to leaving a job.

But it doesn't sound like the OP wants to hear that as they are still talking about sleeping in and spending the weekend with friends above.

They need a mindset change before anything is going to happen.

@Jdes91 - I suggest you read some of the GOLD threads here of some of the things people did to get there business successful.
Thanks so much, I'll check out the Gold threads for sure. I always had the structure to do this, its just a matter of executing on one of my ideas and getting a good schedule in place. One tip that I really like is setting an alarm for going to bed. I figured 10PM-5AM is a good sleep schedule and I'm going to stick to it from now on.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I have a job, wher I have tons of time as I organized my work good.
I could work 5 hours a day on a business. I swear you, your problem is not the missing time!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.