• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Notable! When did you realize the system is rigged?

Discussion in 'Chat Scripted Dogma/Indoctrination' started by Scot, Jun 21, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. MattR82

MattR82 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,340
    Ahh ok, 18 haha. Unfortunately have my own similar story from that age. When I worked in a liquor store my friends and I that worked there confused the word "ullages" with "free alcohol" on the odd Friday night.

The 18 year olds on the Fastlane forum right now make us look like a pair of dunces though;)

Kingmaker and Almantas like this.
  2. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $4,238
    Did I miss it, or has everyone somehow missed the most depressing part of the job search: The gatekeeper to getting an interview in the first place is always somehow a 24 year old girl that you wouldn't let balance your checkbook.

If having to explain your work history to a little blondie that just got out of A&M and still spends weekends at the lake with her sorority sisters doesn't make you question life choices.... yeah.

TheOwl8, SYK, Kingmaker and 4 others like this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $225,790
    Admin Post
    Prison. Alcatraz.

4. MattR82

MattR82 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,340
    Bingo. Everyone actually called it "the rock."

This is a bit dark, but a fair few people have committed suicide in those rooms.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  5. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $39,702
    Back in the day, this person was my interviewee for the lowest level drone position at Target. I didn't get the job. :bored:

Kingmaker, G-Man and MattR82 like this.
  6. Aaron T

Aaron T Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,738
    We all do things we are not proud of. I have my moment. I have never done something like this, but I can understand how at 18 you justified it. As long as you wouldn't do something like that again man.

Still it all sounds like it built to an FTE and then you took the action that made the most sense to you. It's certainly creative.

Almantas likes this.
  7. Van Halen

Van Halen Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $576
    Looks alot like Prison...

OH WAIT

MattR82 likes this.
  8. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $20,219
    And the rest are dead on the inside from working a job that they hate.

(I've been way to motivational today, had to throw in some cynicism lol)

9. Patrickg

Patrickg New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $67
    My FTE:

I graduated college, wow did I think I was about to make a shit ton of money. Spent shit ton of money on clothes/suits for interviews.

Finally, landed a job. Thought I was high flying base salary and commission. He convinced me I was going to make "6 figures" in no time.

Realized quickly I wasn't going to make anywhere near 6 figures. I could hardly afford to pay rent and other expenses. Middle of the winter my gas cap froze on my car. And I broke it off to find out the replacement and the gas emptied my bank account.

Mind you I have a job at this time.. I'm just embarrassed to tell you how little I was making.....

The next day I got laid off. Some guy in the company committed huge fraud and they went bankrupt. That was my fuck this event. I remember it like yesterday.

10. TheRegalMachine

TheRegalMachine Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $617
    It's really hard to tread this path without sounding a bit sexist (or bitter) but I'll take the heat.

The overwhelming majority of human resource managers and employees are women. Not just young blonde white women either but women of varying ages and "backgrounds". The one connecting trait is they were underachievers like many worker bees and end up stuck in a unrewarding positions for double x amount of years.

As you said some of them don't have the educational or skill background to be judging other people on a jobs they only understand on paper (with bullet points). Some aren't too keen on hiring certain people due to their own biases which are as varied as the color spectrum. 'Over educated" seems to be one of the excuses I've experienced HR reps use. Because I have a degree with a certain title they take it upon themselves to decide I don't need a job. I've seen HR reps judge people on physical traits and not hire them on that bias alone.

Now here's the one I'm ready to take heat for: You have HR reps/managers who just don't want to hire men/males in general for various reasons.

If the staff is mostly female with EOE all they have to do is meet a quota and send all other male applicants packing. I've worked in predominately female work environments and being one of the few guys made me feel unwelcome. Not to mention some of my coworkers exacerbated this feeling. So they don't hire men to maintain a certain culture.

One of the reason why when I did look for 9to5 jobs I tried my best to circumvent the gatekeepers and learn about a companies "culture".
    This wasn't easy because getting to the right person can be damn near impossible and doing so can get you locked out from a job because you're not following protocol, but it was a risk I was willing to take.

Just like many women don't want to deal with a "Boys Club" at work, I didn't want to deal with a "Girls Club".

[​IMG]

Kingmaker and SquatchMan like this.
  11. OmarLopez

OmarLopez New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $109

Thanks for your awesome narrative! I seriously felt tired at how long the interviews were!

For me the most important moment was in May, after reading The Millionaire Fastlane something clicked in mi mind. I wasn´t happy before but I could not figure out the why.

But the book made me see my job from a different perspective.

I tough that to be rich I had to endure endless days of work to be recognized and get promotions so I could earn a better income and repeat the process for YEARS. And with more promotions more responsabilities and time sucked out of me. I saw my friends who had the same job as me and they were not happy. I saw my bosses and they were not happy. I saw their bosses and guess what, they looked old, cranky and their eyes were not longer alive. This was my future of endless sacrifice of my time to them?

Fuck no!

This moment occurred in a meeting, where the higher ups were telling us that our commitment with the company wasn´t enough.

Now I know there is another way to riches and is not easy, but this path of entrepeneurship is my CHOICE! And that´s a lot better than slaving my time for someone else, whom may not even care for me at all.

I resigned on that month and moved from Mexico City to Hidalgo, which is a lot nicer and calm. My journey is just starting but I like it more here, plus I got my family out of harms way because of the earthquake that happened this Semtember 17th. Talk about luck!

emanresu and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  12. SquatchMan

SquatchMan Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,325
    We go to school from 5 years old to 18 years old.

From 8AM-3PM. We have a teacher telling us what to do. We have to ask permission to go to the bathroom, when to go on lunch/break, when to move class, and when to go to the next grade. We also can't speak up during class without raising our hand.

From 18 years old to 65 years old:

From 9AM-5PM. We have a boss telling us what to do. We have to ask permission to skip work, leave early, go to the bathroom (depending on the job), and have our company tell us when to go on break/lunch.

I slowly realized that school was just a way to prep the next generation of employees. Teach them some basic reading/writing, some arithmetic, and how to follow orders.

It's a good thing the system is setup this way. I honestly don't think it would work if there were more entrepreneurs than worker bees. Who would we hire?

I'm pretty sure I read this on this forum or in the books. It's been a while.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  13. Xeon

Xeon Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $324
    When I was 15 yrs old. Always realized something was wrong but can't quite feel what's the cause.
    When I was 23+, that's when I started knowing I needed MP (Meaning & Purpose) in my life.

JByers210 likes this.
  14. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $225,790
    Admin Post
    Featured+

AlessioLC, Raoul Duke and SquatchMan like this.
  15. ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $345
    honestly, i realized it when MJ described Wall Street and compound-interest-making-you-rich as the biggest legal scam. lights turned on in my brain.

RogueInnovation and Kingmaker like this.
  16. TheOwl8

TheOwl8 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $123
    When I was 23 I started to work my first "real job" after graduating from college with a fortune 500 company. I thought I was making good money with my starting salary.

I'm an accountant and so one day I decided to sit down create a projected cash flow of my future net income. I went the whole way on this spreadsheet, including promotions, inflation, investment returns, discounting the cash flows, coming up with every estimated expense I could think of. I must have put 40 hours into this stupid spreadsheet.

And what I found horrified me. There it was, right in front of me, in cold hard numbers. It was going to take me at least 30 years to reach my financial freedom. And that was if I didn't get fired or sick or divorced. That woke me up. It wasn't my opinion, it was math and I couldn't argue with it.

17. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $225,790
    Admin Post
    Compound interest is a scam, but only because it's put in the context of time and inflation and lifespan.

At its root mathematical core, it's not a scam.

That's why it gets a pass. And gurus keep selling it, while making a fortune.

That's telling. When the smartest accounting mind in the room is saying "woah shit", it's time to say "woah shit."

:wideyed:

Featured post, BTW.

18. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative Demigod Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $811
    I was young, say, 5 or 6.
    I asked my mother:

"Mom, why do people...

work so hard in grade school to get into advanced classes, then...
    work so hard in high school to get into a good college, then...
    work so hard in college to get a good degree, then...
    work so hard in an internship to get a good job, then...
    work so hard in a job to make money,
    to spend that money on food...

...when I can just as easily walk outside,
    pick some blueberries and BAM - have my hunger satisfied immediately while skipping all those steps?"

Surviving in the woods isn't too practical for me, nevertheless...
    Going through a bunch of unnecessary steps to meet my basic human needs just didn't sit well with 'lil ol me.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  19. unaided

unaided Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $521
    It Was So Easy

...when my dad was killed in a car accident before I knew what an "I" or "me" was

...when my sister and I as an 8-9 year old would threaten my single mom, with the old corded phone from the kitchen wall in hand, to call "children and youth" as my last leverage to get basic needs met.

...to come home to my mother curled up in a corner of the house with broken beer bottles threatening to kill herself. Telling us we were miserable little F'ers.

...It was so easy to waiver back and forth on calling 911 or not as a 12-year old because mom may have actually taken the sleeping pills this time.

...to punch pillows, cry and feel helpless at night & to have to teach myself how to "man up".

It Was So Easy...

...to buy into the false premise that if I got good grades, I'd get into a good college and I'd get a good job and be "free" from the struggle. If I just waited my turn, followed the rules, paid my dues, got the appropriate credentials blahblahblah.

....to get into 180K in student loan debt for a professional degree that had a projected statistical average salary of 90K; to have key mentors tell me "don't worry about the debt; go where you want, 'follow your passion"/'go to your dream school'/'figure out the finances later' ". Yay, I finally felt I had the cheat codes, the cost being DEBT.

...to accept my first job out of said education for a measly $48K/year when I needed $55K to draw even at best and somehow pay student loans after 6 months forbearance?

...to realize I was slowly drowning at best and to hand in my office key after 2.5 months and take a cash advance on my credit card to give it one last chance to make it with my own business.

...to start with 1/2 a day a week of office space, and work my way up to 3 days a week....eventually supplemented with consulting. To have a bit of luck that the consulting turned into a full-time offer.

...to have my early self-employed earnings go to pay off that early credit card debt.

Yes, It Was So Unbelievably Easy...

....to leave a 4-year relationship, and drive across the country with a carload of belongings to start a new job in consulting that gave me salary and benefits, but most importantly (in retrospect) the freedom to still pursue side income.

....to sleep on the floor and use a borrowed card table and fold-up chair as a desk while I awaited funds to buy a bed & basic furniture.

....stay up until 3-am building out product listings, reading books on copy, finance, prosperity consciousness and more. Spent my nights at Barnes and noble reading 4-5 books in a night until I was motivated to write that blog post, to build that page, to figure out how to make that spreadsheet.

....to start paying down a mortgage (another dive I made into a SCRIPTED agenda) $5-20 at a time. I find a quarter on the ground, you better believe that night's principle payment was $.25 higher.

Yes, it was all so freakin' easy to build up to $150K in income, $50K of it "self-made" with hopes to be free of car debt, house debt, and to buy back TIME so that I can replace the scripted salary and benefits. Still short of the 180K of income that I technically should make to have warranted 180K in debt in the first place (technically even more if you consider experience and learning opportunities lost from being in school for 8 years)

I guess my moment was sometime in the mix of that when I realized "NOONE IS GOING TO COME SAVE YOU; THE HARD WAY IS THE EASY WAY".

I still have an "easy" road ahead of me with the mortgage, student loans, and value creation on the side..... but if I learned one thing it was to say "The F* With Easy!"

Needless to say, TML and Unscripted have been acceleratory bibles to my journey. MJ thanks brotha!

20. ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $345
    Exactly. And what I'm hearing from Wall Street is, "Millions and billions of people, give me your hard earned thousands now (effectively making me filthy rich NOW). Later, when you're 60, you'll get a chunk back (oh, did I forget to mention TVM, inflation, etc? Shucks. My bad...But you knew the risk).

Add that to the housing market crash and man, I wanna steer clear of that mess.

Kingmaker likes this.
  21. iroquois

iroquois Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $625
    This is becoming one of my favorite threads ever here on this forum. I nominate this to be at least Notable. Great responses, super insightful.

ocricci likes this.
  22. TheRegalMachine

TheRegalMachine Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $617
    Jeezuz that's one hell of a story you have there. Glad to see you have risen above and are actively making strides to a better tomorrow.
    It irks me when I see and hear people use easy and/or hard as crutches for inaction.
    Easy, hard, long, short, who gives a shit it doesn't matter until you get in there and go.
    You are going in hard and you should be proud of that.

unaided likes this.
  23. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,718
    and the worst part is they make you feel that its what you want too.
    How sinister is it to manipulate the brain in such a way that you convince urself that the unnatural is natural.
    And even worse to so utterly brainwash people that they then brainwash their own children and think it's the best thing for them.

goddamn man...

Puppy and • nikita • like this.
  24. • nikita •

• nikita • Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $317
    I've always detested the school system and always been punished for it. When I didn't go to university and worked towards getting a job instead I got called multiple names by my parents and emotionally beat-up for months. When I got a job they told me to quit and go to university because it was unstable to work without a degree.

They screamed and cried at me to take a "normal" job with a commute when I took my comfy remote job that let me work on my business at the side, because I couldn't take the shitstorm that was typical office job with a boss breathing down my back. Apparently that makes me weak-minded, and don't I "want a fancy job title to tell people"?

My peers work their ass off at university for a life of shit pay and no rest, and ask me how the hell I got this job right out of school. I keep hearing "I wish" "if I" "you're smarter". I'm stupid as fuck. The only difference between them and me is that I actually took action. I still can't believe that it worked because it's been drilled into me that the only way is decades of "education" then basically slavery in a cubicle.

When your parents are almost traumatised by your choice, even though you're happier and more successful without going about the normal scripted path, you know it's the ultimate brainwashing. Jesus fucking christ, why can't people see this?

TheCj, Longinus, MJ DeMarco and 2 others like this.
  25. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,718
    at least u didn't actually go through 5 years of university and then actually got the cubicle job and only then see the truth for what it is...