The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! When did you realize the system is rigged?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

P789

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 23, 2020
Philippines
For me, I discover it by watching and understanding the comedy speech by George Carlin entitled, Life is Worth Losing and observing my parents and peers on what they are doing in their everyday lives.

His speech was almost fit the definition of the SCRIPT.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

WJK

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Nikiski, Alaska
For me, I discover it by watching and understanding the comedy speech by George Carlin entitled, Life is Worth Losing and observing my parents and peers on what they are doing in their everyday lives.

His speech was almost fit the definition of the SCRIPT.
My life has never been fair except in one way -- each human has 24 hours per day. It's our ONLY point of equality.

Ing

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I don’t understand, what is ment with rigged.

A entrepreneur builds a company. He employs people to work for him. He is free and not rigged. He rigs the other side.

The man working for that entrepreneur is in a rigged system,because he gets less than the entrepreneur?

Hm.

When he s ill, the entrepreneur has to pay his paycheck though and so on.

If a man gets the one or the other, its a question of choices.
But in my opinion its not a rigged systen from itself.

Shouldn t the question be: when did you recognize, that you have choices. Isn’t the FYM the point when you realize the choices you have?

Kevin88660

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Sometimes I feel like my company sat on the committee to write The Script.

In many ways, I can defend the pharmaceutical industry in good faith. But there are days when I know thegood things we do don't outweigh the reality of it all.

I was so enamored by my job.

I was a rock star.

Walk into an office with Starbucks in one hand and a briefcase full of drugs in the other hand. Cute receptionists smiling big and waving at me. A nurse gives me a big hug and grabs her venti skinny soymilk late and calls me a life saver. I got my fat bonus check yesterday and on our morning conference call the regional director said I'm the one to go to for clinical knowledge.

Then I see the doctor, "Oh (insert name of drug), how about you go into this room and tell this patient who's dying why her prescription costs $1,200 a month"

All I can do is parrot back the party line, "blah blah insurance companies suck blah blah patient assistance program blah blah."

Suddenly, Im not a rock star. I'm the face of a company who makes a great drug for really sick people... and the price keeps going up every month.

And then I meet the husband of the patient and he tells you it's ok. Because he'll pay whatever he needs to to keep his wife alive. And then he tells me that none of the hospitals will put her on a transplant list because she's too sick.

And then my day just goes to shit.

Combine that with:
  • Your CEO testifying before congress then getting fired with a $30 million severance
  • Realizing that you're not getting paid for almost half the prescriptions you sold
  • Realizing you're not going to hit quota because you're not getting paid on half of the scripts you sold
  • Getting sold the dream of middle management only to be told you're not qualified when the position opens up
That's when I realized the system is rigged. And it sucks. And the only reason I go to work in the morning is because I can put 20% of that pay check towards my business.

When did you realize the system was rigged? More importantly, what did you do about it?
To me it is about a rigged system. It is about leaving a sinking boat.

A good financial analyst who plays by the script is someone who studies cfa after work, and attend weekend network event, and in these days get involved in some ai projects to help financial institutions to cut cost.

Does not seem to go well with the trend of increasing automation and outsourcing.

Unless you have some unique and valuable skill that is replaceable by someone from China and India who is cheaper, and can outsmart and outwork you, and resistant towards the eventuality of automation, it is a dead end.

This is exacerbated by the growing work from home trend now. No one needs a visa to work on your job.

working hard for yourself there is still some good chance.

WJK

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Nikiski, Alaska
I don’t understand, what is ment with rigged.

A entrepreneur builds a company. He employs people to work for him. He is free and not rigged. He rigs the other side.

The man working for that entrepreneur is in a rigged system,because he gets less than the entrepreneur?

Hm.

When he s ill, the entrepreneur has to pay his paycheck though and so on.

If a man gets the one or the other, its a question of choices.
But in my opinion its not a rigged systen from itself.

Shouldn t the question be: when did you recognize, that you have choices. Isn’t the FYM the point when you realize the choices you have?
Yes. You are telling the truth that we have choices. And by you knowing that truth, you are able to step out of that box.

A lot of different aspects can be considered "rigged". Some people have built-in advantages -- or they look that way. But, are they really???? I can look at my life from a longer view and know that some of those advantages are "golden handcuffs". They actually stop the person from succeeding and reaching their potential. Here's an example:
When I was 19, (a long, long time ago) I was a country girl who went to downtown Los Angeles to make my fortune. I went to a start-up college that is now world-famous for its students. It was a private, specialized education. Most of the other students had a lot of advantages. Their daddies paid for their apartments and their living expenses. They had unlimited school supplies. I was working just about full time, going to school full time, and I could barely buy enough food. The others made fun of me every day because I had no social life and I was working so hard. I only had the school supplies which were included in my tuition. I had to make them last for the whole semester. But, I made straight As while they muddled through the classes. I made friends with my teachers and professors who gave me great references and insights. I got a stellar education that I still daily use today. The other student's advantages actually held them back because they didn't grab onto that opportunity as I did. I was there to learn -- they were there to hang out. Yes, the system appeared to be "rigged" against me. It worked perfectly for me. I've collected a few other college degrees since those early days in Los Angeles. But, I'm still grateful for the attention I got from my teacher and professors during that first run at higher education.

As an editing note: I never expected to get a fair shake. I always knew the system was "rigged" against little country girls like me. I always knew I must work harder and smarter than people who born with a silver spoon in their mouths. I saw that many of their advantages were really an Achilles' Heel. Most of the time, it would lead to their downfall either from them making a major misstep or complacency. I had to do nothing -- but keep on working. It was my leg up on the system. AND I ALWAYS KNEW I WOULD WIN IN THE END. I accepted that I would lose a few battles along the way, but the war was mine.

Last edited:

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Price is going up to $3,000 on Jan 1st. We went through the cost of running it over the last...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom