The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! What would you tell your 18 or 25 year old self?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

JGuidry

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Feb 25, 2021
Me to my 20 year old self,
Buy 10k shares of Amazon and FB then start a community foundation that houses all homeless veterans and or covers all necessities during hardship. God Bless our veterans and R.I.P.
Neuben Guidry Sr.
Korean War Vet

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Thinh

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 11, 2018
Buy 10k shares of Amazon and FB
I would advise to be wary of this kind of advice, either to one's younger self or someone else. I understand where you're coming from, but it's an advice that'll always be valid only in hindsight, which renders it inapplicable. Also, it makes you feel regretful.

business224

New Contributor
Jan 26, 2016
For you 25 yr old+ guys out there, if you could go back in time, and tell your 25 year old self something, what would you say?
Find better friends and start a business that is tech related. Learn SEO and focus on creating something that can scale. Starting a business is a ton of work so focus on one that can potentially change your life.

Anis25072

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 2, 2021
Algeria
Not 25 yet (20), but hopefully by 25 I will tell myself, "Good job, you've made it."
Hey man how are you doing 7 years later ! I'm actually in my 20s with the same mindset as you before, Have you achieved your goals ?

WJK

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hey man how are you doing 7 years later ! I'm actually in my 20s with the same mindset as you before, Have you achieved your goals ?
And if you do achieve your goals in your 20s, what are you going to do then? Life is a lot longer than just your first few years of your adult life...

Anis25072

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 2, 2021
Algeria
And if you do achieve your goals in your 20s, what are you going to do then? Life is a lot longer than just your first few years of your adult life...
Well for me life is short, living another decade isn't guaranteed :D

WillHurtDontCare

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
Lift weights and read books by artists who led interesting lives.

Jesper_Boostd

Contributor
Jan 27, 2021
Buy 10k shares of Amazon and FB then start a community foundation that houses all homeless veterans and or covers all necessities during hardship. God Bless our veterans and R.I.P.
Neuben Guidry Sr.
Korean War Vetare

Neuben Guidry Sr.
Korean War Vet
As a veteran myself I would love to help out on this, do you know a few in your own circle who are struggling?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

JGuidry

New Contributor
Feb 25, 2021
As a veteran myself I would love to help out on this, do you know a few in your own circle who are struggling?
Jesper THANK YOU for your service. In my personal circle I have only one friend in bad shape, nightmares, ptsd, etc top off his spouse left and took kids with her and he is basically just trying to numb himself. But that doesn't touch the over 3600 estimated homeless in Houston area. I would love to learn how to help our veterans in our community and raise awareness. Our vets deserve not to struggle with necessities for living.

Jesper_Boostd

Contributor
Jan 27, 2021
Jesper THANK YOU for your service. In my personal circle I have only one friend in bad shape, nightmares, ptsd, etc top off his spouse left and took kids with her and he is basically just trying to numb himself. But that doesn't touch the over 3600 estimated homeless in Houston area. I would love to learn how to help our veterans in our community and raise awareness. Our vets deserve not to struggle with necessities for living.
Thanks man, That is awfull. I wish him the best.

WJK

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I wouldn't say anything to my 20-year-old self.

That kid just doesn't listen
You're right. I raised two families of kids. They didn't listen to anyone older until they were in their mid-twenties. It was when they got out and tried to build a life that they came back and wanted advice on how to do it. Until they tried it, they knew everything.

Koji

Contributor
Feb 21, 2021
So put one foot in front of the other and do something -- even if it's wrong. And ask yourself my little question...
What can I do at this moment to further my goal of _______?
Take a baby step. DO SOMETHING!
Thanks for the advice. Really do appreciate.

Ing

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
You're right. I raised two families of kids. They didn't listen to anyone older until they were in their mid-twenties. It was when they got out and tried to build a life that they came back and wanted advice on how to do it. Until they tried it, they knew everything.
I have two you g men 20,22. they allready learned that they can trust my advi and learn from me.
May be its because I learned, that I can learn so much from them!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
I read the book and I liked it! I would recommend it to any newbies on the forum. The part...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any scholarship programs for those who can't afford the course? Broke but need this course :)...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers