The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What will you accomplish in 2020? <-- Well did u?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Interesting to see that painting is now a hobby. What's your new direction?
The reason is that my paintings are very personal, because they attempt to capture the soul of the experience and subject.
In a way, I can only paint when I find the right subject and when the experience is authentic. It´s something hard to control.
I don`t see personal value in impersonal painting(paintings, that tell a story to convey emotions using actors....in a way it´s an illustion), which feel empty to me(in my work, not in others).
There are a lot of painters able to create impersonal paintings, which I respect. But it´s not for me.

So the way to mitigate that is to do something completely impersonal businesswise. I decided to go into UX design(got assistance for taking a course) and expand from there.
This focuses on the needs of the user and customer. So very similar to how Fox or MJ treats their business.
Designing for the customer is a common theme here.
I´ve only now being able to connect the dots....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
For 2020, I wish to accomplish:

1. Marry my fiance: After 4 years, it is about time. :) Q2
2. Invest at least 25% of my income. Q4
3. Finish my certified project leader course: This is my second pillar to enable me to 1. get a job that is not linked to my technical expertise if automotive might get worse, 2. improves my working skills at my recent employer, 3. teaches me to reach goals on FL. Q2
4. Enhance my blog → rework design (Q3), connect with at least 2 other blogs (Q4), one entry per month (Q4)
5. Brainstorm suitable book topics for me, I like writing but this year I wont have time :) (Q3)
6. Make at least two advertising actions with my book to boost sells (Q1 + Q2)

Optional:

Opt1. Audiobook from my already published book if possible in Germany - there is some formally trouble with residentship within Germany and Audible. Geez, I would so like to do that, but see no posssibilty right now
All yes except of no 4. I think that I will freeze this website and concentrate more into investing. Also I am working as a substitute for this point to this as a freelancing technical advisor. Seriously not much in a whole but it is interesting and they pay me nearly 4 times more per hour as in my regular job - 200$/h ...

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Sell a 6 figure system to a business doing $10 million + in revenue a year.
Cons:
Didn't get this done, not even close , really.
Even after I stopped being vague and non-niche centric, I still tied myself up in knots and overthought things, ultimately wasting valuable time.

Pros:
identified my niche and generated valuable momentum which to this day I'm still riding
developed the appropriate contacts in order to facilitate this type of deal

Every day I'm getting closer and closer to actually pulling this off, hoping to come back once I make my first ever sale as an entrepreneur.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
2020 was an amazingly successful year -- now that I've listed the accomplishments and tabulated the finances. I'm not sure I can top last year, now that we're into 2021. So, I'm working on shoring up those accomplishments and making sure that they stick!

solyom

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 26, 2019
Europe
Q1:
Finish the print version of my book.
Start a beta test program for my software.

Q2-Q4:
Have 500 copies printed of the book and sell them all by the end of the year.
Launch the software and have at least 50 active users by the end of the year.

Not much of these happened. The beta test is still in progress, number of active users is only 4. Other projects moved my focus away from the book - however, I made some ebook sales.

On the other side, 2020 was my best year in freelancing.

Takeaway: I suck at planning for a whole year.

Last edited:

MrLynn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 29, 2019
What I WILL accomplish in 2020:

I will Get my online Nutrition coaching business up to 5k recurring a month
I will attend 3 seminars regarding entrepreneurship!

KeepGoin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Mar 17, 2016
My goal is to get my newest blog/youtube channel up to a number I've set for myself.
100 youtube videos / 300k words of content
currently at 46k words of content and 22 youtube videos as of today.

Secondly, fitness. Continue going to the gym 3x a week.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
For my 2020 goals, I'll just set them according to my 2019 learnings (successes and failures):

1. Aim for five-figs in freelance income, with at least 2 recurring clients.
But the recurring clients should contribute to cashflow for 2 months at least

I haven't fixed upon a LTV or average monthly rate from them yet, as I'm still testing out markets to sell to.

2.Once freelancing income has been settled, either start the official Fastlane business, or get proof of concept validated. Fields of interest are logistics, utilities and physical products.

3. Build a $10k investing portfolio- with focus on dividend investing strategy, but some positions in hard assets, REITs and bonds (maybe higher than BBB-rating generally ...was reading a recent report that was proclaiming financial doomsday again lol) .

Parents have been needling me to 'invest', and I used to think I should just go all into entrepreneurship...but I would leave no room to learn how to keep earnings, if any. They've given me some dough for it (I didn't ask), but I'll keep it separate from Fastlane capital.

Presently I've some dough in mutual funds (yeah, laugh at me folks...), but only because that was my parents' first pick. Their volatility and returns are so-so, and I only put dough there because bank savings returns are null now....but I need to read more about what basket of firms that the mutual funds I'm investing in are.

I don't have an expected earnings percent to reach for yet, or a preparation plan for X% in portfolio value drop, should SHTF really happens with the stock market bubble...my focus now is to find and analyse 10-20 good companies for the portfolio.

To educate myself more properly on this, I need to read 2-3 classic books on finance (James Altucher has a good list, and some eye-opening principles on investing and finance here:The Most Important Article I’ll Ever Write About Investing - James Altucher)

4. Upkeep my habits in @458's habits tracker thread.
Go to the link below, and my habit metrics on watch are as specific as can be.

Links to my progress:

Last edited:

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
  1. Run a half-marathon on June 16th
  2. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
  3. Incorporate my first business
  4. Make $10,000 gross profit with said business by end of June
  5. Become fluent in Vietnamese

EricFromCanada

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 19, 2017
Canada
1. Help serve 50 organizations through my enterprise training software business.
2. Develop a habit of completing a minimum of 5 critical tasks per day for my business.
3 Develop a habit of reading 30 minutes per day.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
I have a few more in mind but as of now that is a must - 10k/mo. income
If I had only this my life would change dramatically

ramonorencio

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 6, 2015
Lose 40 pounds, and break 100k this year. Happy new year MJ!

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
20.000$ in print on demand profit.

10.000 uploads to amazon kdp

min 1000 subscribers to my fb group.

Goldeneye

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 18, 2019
In 2020 I will:
1. Maintain by current forex trading by ensuring at least 1% a day and double my account every three months or better.
2. Gain a following of thirty forex mentees that I can sucessfully teach how to trade and change their lives.
3. Increase my success in property, increasing my portfolio to five rental properties by the end of 2020, thus producing financial freedom.
4. Spend time with my family and take them on holiday over the summer period.
5. To be able to quit full-time job by September, as the above will give sufficient passive income stream.
6. Improve my skills as a professional musician by getting lessons/mentorship from a world class instrumentalist.

Santiaggo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 2, 2018
Uruguay
By December 31st 2020, I will have:
  • Completed the 2nd year of my career, with no exams left (meaning I actually study and give it my best, contrary to what I did in 2019).
  • Reached 140kg Squat, 110kg Front Squat & 90kg Bench Press (4x8).
  • Earned $5,000 in a month through freelancing.
I also have some "secondary" goals, such as getting my driver's license, but those 3 are my main goals for this year. I also divided them based on quarters, so for example, my quarter one fitness goals are to reach a 105kg Squat, 90kg Front Squat & 75kg Bench Press (4x8).

Finally, I also added some areas for improvement (also called resolutions lol) that I want to work on during this year, such as trying to complain less (and act more), read more books, etc.

I wish all of you a happy new year, and hope you can get to accomplish the goals you've set for yourselves!

createyourpath

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 3, 2020
Australia
Hello everyone - I have just joined today but I've been lurking for quite some time and I'm dedicated on taking action this year.

By December 31st 2020, I will have:
  • Graduated University with a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) & Bachelor of Laws
  • Change job to a higher salary - currently on $59k
  • Move to Japan for 6 months
  • Earn $1,000 a month from my online blog (I started a few weeks ago)
  • Publish 180 blog posts, 24 youtube videos and one book.
I've spent the last few years daydreaming about starting and building something that is bigger than I am. Going to work frustrated that I can't take action and working towards a purpose that is unfulfilling but making excuses when I have free time.

This year I will be taking persistent action and actually getting things done. I have no idea what to do next or if I'm taking the right path but all I know is that I will be persistent and I won't give up. I have an insatiable determination to be financially independent but I know it's going to be a long hard road that will require immense patience.

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
Went back and checked the 2018 declaration and was pleased to find that I achieved the vast majority of them. This year I am going to keep it a lot simpler.

- Business: The prototype is pretty much finished. Get one paying customer, improve the prototype and get more customers.
- Relationships: Working all the time has absolutely ruined my dating life and made me very lonely. Just start dating again.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
I’m stealing my husband’s word for the year: Clarity, 20/20 Vision in 2020.

I’ve set stretch business revenue and net profit goals. I need to get clear about what I’m NOT going to do - activities I can Delete or Delegate - then find people and set up systems to make it happen. I’m breaking my business activities into quarters, with clear objectives every quarter.

I’m focused on taking good care of myself this year... mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually. I need to develop habits or schedule these activities onto my calendar: daily meditation, gym 2-3X per week, eating keto, float tank or massage every month, fasting, classes, and social activities. I’m using the “Way of Life” app to track a few important daily habits.

I realize that this post is largely personal, but I think that the healthier I am, the healthier my business will be. Happy 2020, everyone!

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
In low spirits today so I'll keep it "real"...

1) Buy my first property. Become a Landlady.

2) Sell 100 units of the product I'm making, then use the proceeds to make my first donation.

3) Sell one painting.

giphy.gif

Hi Bella, I like your drive. I wanted to ask how you were going to do these things? Have you posted a thread in "Excecute?" I had some questions:

1. Are you saving to buy your first property? Have you been pre-approved for a loan? What area is good for renting? etc
  2. Where are you selling/marketing your product?
  3. How are you planning to sell the painting? I have a friend that's a painter and may be able to give you some insight.
Best!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hi Bella, I like your drive. I wanted to ask how you were going to do these things? Have you posted a thread in "Excecute?" I had some questions:

1. Are you saving to buy your first property? Have you been pre-approved for a loan? What area is good for renting? etc
  2. Where are you selling/marketing your product?
  3. How are you planning to sell the painting? I have a friend that's a painter and may be able to give you some insight.
Best!

Hi yes! Go down to my signature, that's the link to my execution thread.

1. Yes I'm saving and I'm hoping to start shopping at the latest late spring, or whenever I feel comfortable with how much I have. I am waiting for that to go get a pre-approval, I don't want to waste anyone's time. But my credit, debt to income and all that jazz is pretty much ready to talk to a lender. I still don't know which neighborhood I'll choose.
2. I'll start with Insta and maybe Facebook, actually first of all probably will see if it gets funded on Kickstarter so I can pay for the first batch through pre-orders.
3. I'm not going to actively try to sell any painting, since I'm not looking to live from it nor make it a business. It's more of a wish I have... I just keep practicing and fantasize with this moment where I'll get good enough that someone will ask if they can buy a piece they like from me. My signature has my Insta too, I use it solely to upload my painting progress.

Thanks for the good vibes, have a great 2020 :D

QuikCoin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Feb 14, 2015
Wooohoooo!

First, I would like to say I participated in 2019 thread and I accomplished every single one of my goals by month 6.
I just took off all of December to plan my new year as well as get some rest and come back ready to attack.

1. I will purchases 5 more doors bringing up my rental portfolio to 7 units.
2. I am branding myself as the Pittsburgh Real Estate Investor. Through YouTube, Instagram, and a Website.
3. I will sell a minimum of 500k in total painting sales.
4. I will buy a 2-4 unit building to move into and live for free.

I also have a few personal goals that are just as important as any buisness achievements.
Let’s get it Fastlane!

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Three things
1. Get Fit Strong And Healthy
2. Start working on a Fastlane Business. Following the 10 commandments and CENTS framework
3. Money management

I won't go into detailed right now but I did write down all this goals. I included the clear vision the reasons and the why's . Me accomplishing this goals for this year and years to come are key in my new life style. This goals are going to bring a lot of new skills, information, contacts , and ever ending opportunities. I have started by cutting out the bs. I deleted social media , YouTube app, ever ending binge watching , sugars, some carbs , quit the corpate job I started just last week and go full on unscripted . I went to a economic seminar today and networked. I got invited to local chamber of commerce event tomorrow morning. I will be meeting 25 new people from different industries and different problems to solve. I started reading TMFL again and writing out keys things to look for. Im only listening to educational podcasts. I started going to the gym daily now. I limited my phone use. I actually put my self a budget and wrote down my monthly expenses. Even though I want to avoid sounding like an action faker I have to express my feelings the actions I already took. Im turning 25 this year and this is the year I gain back control of my life and start living IT. I have no other choice then to get this things done.

96wells

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 25, 2017
virginia
Since the last fastlaneforum meetup, I took a job as a financial copywriter. And really, it was the best year of my life.

But I got let go recently...

So, this year I hope I can get another job as a financial copywriter or make the freelance thing work.

As for a figure, I am aiming for a 6 figure year...

By the end of the year, I hope I can push some really good information out about the niche and brand myself. Until then, I am working on getting more experience to make sure I really know what I know.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Someone liked this post, so I want to thank them for the reminder.

Due to Covid, I didn´t really take any master workshops. However, I took a 2-week online coaching with a painter I really love and he taught me some good stuff.
I almost finished 7 paintings, of which only 3 I consider gallery-worthy. I also formulated long-term principles for painting(it's now a hobby) and pivoted my strategy in Q3.
Interesting to see that painting is now a hobby. What's your new direction?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
NOTHING went like I planned... but, it was still a banner year. I never dreamed that a little virus would turn the whole world on its ear. So, I had to pivot and make a new plan -- or so I told everyone. I kind of made it all up as I went along. Something else would happen and I'd figure out a way to work it into the threads of that day. Other times, it was a nail biting, moment to moment, carnival ride. But, tomorrow is Christmas and next week we start 2021...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.