The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What will you accomplish in 2020? <-- Well did u?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Afternoons

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
563%
Dec 11, 2019
New York City
Intro and progress:

What I will accomplish in 2020:

1. USD 10K Monthly Recurring Revenue from digital marketing by end of 2020
2. USD 50K income from UX design consulting by end of 2020
3. Personal goal by by end of 2020

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
If it was only that easy to repo. lol I have several friends in the business. One friend had his son shot in the face about 10 years ago. He lived and is leading a 'normal' life now. Another guy got out of the repo business and bought several wreckers to do regular towing. My other buddy used to head up one of the companies that would take control of houses when the lender would repo it, well, long story short, 3 years ago those companies started getting in to the vehicle repo business because there are so many people not making their payments these days. Good luck and I hope you keep us updated on it.
That's one of the reasons we'll install a kill switch on each vehicle. And yes, I know the difficulty and the dangers. I'm in the low to moderate-income rental business. I'm doing an eviction right now. He must out on Sunday at 5 PM. Monday my rit--assistance kicks in where I can call the authorities to help me. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

solyom

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 26, 2019
Europe
Q1:
Finish the print version of my book.
Start a beta test program for my software.

Q2-Q4:
Have 500 copies printed of the book and sell them all by the end of the year.
Launch the software and have at least 50 active users by the end of the year.

snam23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 11, 2016
I finally finished college classes and am authorized to work so I will be starting my business (finally!).
Specifically, I will
1. Release at 5 iOS apps. I have tons of ideas, some with validation, some just better than others.
2. Test out at least 10 different software product ideas. This could be for the web, desktop, mobile, or other and be in the form of presales, email collection, etc
3. Make a video game. I've been thinking about it for a decade and I've been sorting out the details.
4. Finish and take action on at least 10 courses I've purchased on programming, business, and self improvement.
5. Make at least $10K in profit
6. Find a job (due to visa situation)

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
1. Get more guitar students
2. Release an album of guitar and cello duets
3. Write the next album
4. Study with a great teacher
5. Figure out how to move my income online and travel while I do all the above

PeterK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 1, 2019
London
Health:
1) Yoga - Regular sessions at least 3 times a week with my wife + small mini sessions on other days.
I already have a list of YT videos to try out and had 2 sessions last week.
2) More veggies :)
3) 0 alcohol compared to 5 beers in 2019
4) 0 soda compared to way too much in 2019.

Wealth:
1) Progressively move from freelance development to extension development.
- Reduce the time on site with clients (already in progress).
- Look for fully remote projects in future.
- Dedicate 1 day a week just for the work on extensions.
- Update tooling to work more efficiently

2) Create a mini course related to one of the aspects of the dev work I'm doing.
- Learn some basics of video editing (software already chosen).
3) Better personal marketing by sharing blog posts and open source contribution. Yes I love coding :).
4) Better investment education.

Lifestyle/Hobbies:
1) Introduce weekly meal planner + cook more with my wife
2) Schedule more things - side projects, hobbies
3) Dedicated time for a guitar - fully learn one solo I have in mind. (quite challenging).
4) Decide when to move back to Poland from UK (mid or the end of 2020).
5) Read 15 books next year compared to 11.5 this year - hard top cap as I want to focus more on creation.

30 min till new year (here)!

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
My theme this year is Double, Diversify and Do Good.
  • I will double the revenue of my business from $1m to $2m while also increasing net profit margin from 10 % to 15 %.

• I will add at least five more brands to my product mix to depend less on our two top brands that we are reselling. I will also focus more on my own website and other platforms to have at least 20 % of total revenue outside of Amazon USA.

• I will build a school through the non-profit Pencils of Promise using $35k of the profits. This has been a dream of mine for a while, but I have either not made enough money or simply re-invested the profits to keep growing the business.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
Not a New Year's Resolution thread, but a mere proclamation of what you will accomplish in 2020.

List one thing, or many.

Whatever you resolve to do.

Please keep your proclamation measurable!

Lose weight is not measurable, lose 50 lbs is!
Start a business is not measurable, sell X units is!

This time next year, we will bump this thread and see how things went!

Also, if you posted in this thread AND have a progress thread, please include and link to it!!

Thank you!

For me, my 2020 objective is of a personal nature, so it isn't something I'm willing to disclose here.
Help 100 people build businesses that can run without them.

96wells

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 25, 2017
virginia
I believe in micro goal setting, so I want to earn my first 100 dollars online.
I have started learning web development. And started learning HTML and CSS on Codecademy and Freecodecamp. And already built 2 static web pages. After mastering HTML and CSS I will start freelancing.
I am also learning about Copywriting, But I am Stuck and Dont know where to start practicing my Copywriting Skills.
Any Suggestions Pls.

My suggestion for you for copywriting...

Pick a niche like finance, health, relationship etc...

And compile a list of people who sell stuff in those niches into an excel file.

Subscribe to their email list and start clicking into a lot of their ads...

And then start collecting those ads, study them or hand copy them daily, and then put them in a folder.

Anyways, after a few months of studying, get out that excel list of people and contact them. Ask if they need email or promotions written...

Or launch your own funnel or product or whatever.

Another suggestion, join a course in copywriting in the niche you chose (or from a reputable person).

Get a real mentor that has a lot of clients. Do your due diligence (interview some students). This may be a bit expensive but it could be worth it if you're serious and if the mentor is legit.

Sometimes you can also directly ask the copywriter if you can just work under him. If you know "x" is super good in that niche, it costs you nothing to ask for tips or to do research for him or her...

There are a lot of ways to learn to copywriting, but it may take a while. Also, when I say mentor I don't just mean an udemy course. You can start there but I often find it somewhat... lacking...

In my experience, the best bang for your buck is to slowly become obsessed with studying what your competition is doing and collecting things etc... instead of just learning some principles...

Also if you're going to learn copywriting, there is one book you absolutely must get: breakthrough advertising...although people say it's an advanced book, it's... well it's absolutely necessary. There might be new books that explain some principles in this book and adapted it to modern times... but really... I don't understand how a copywriter worth his salt would neglect it.

I think one time I heard someone saying Breakthrough Advertising is overrated. Well, that was a clickbait. It's like saying sex is overrated or something...

Feel free to ask any questions. I'm not an A-lister though. Far from it.

Last edited:

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Hit my arbitrary business revenue and net profits goals. Meditation wasn’t as consistent. Got plenty of massages and float tank sessions. Slacked on the food and gym, but happy with where I’m at now.

Itzemp3

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Sep 18, 2019
Hey Everyone! Thought I would update on this thread.
In 2020, I hit my goal of making $2000 with my side hustle and got my degree.
In 2021, I’ll make $10,000pm w/ my publishing agency. I’ll also get my MBA.
Good luck to everyone

Dianaws

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 26, 2019
In 2020 I will accomplish:
-Community of at least 10,000 people.
-Online products, at least start the 3 I've already have in my mind.
-Help people with my Sesions 1 to 1 (at least 750 sesiones)
-Love-live partner.
-Be the best versión of my self ( find the balance between Learning, waking up early, rest properly, exercise and healthy food)

For my business I've already started a calendar of how to achieve 10,000 people comunity + launch the first of the online products.

I want to do a year, quarter and monthly review to check of how things are going more often.

I will guys let you know when I have a Draft of my reviews.

jan campbell

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 14, 2019
Not a New Year's Resolution thread, but a mere proclamation of what you will accomplish in 2020.

List one thing, or many.

Whatever you resolve to do.

Please keep your proclamation measurable!

Lose weight is not measurable, lose 50 lbs is!
Start a business is not measurable, sell X units is!

This time next year, we will bump this thread and see how things went!

Also, if you posted in this thread AND have a progress thread, please include and link to it!!

Thank you!

For me, my 2020 objective is of a personal nature, so it isn't something I'm willing to disclose here.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Make at least $20,000/month in PROFITS from the sum total of my online ventures by December 31, 2020.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
I don't have an expected earnings percent to reach for yet, or a preparation plan for X% in portfolio value drop, should SHTF really happens with the stock market bubble...my focus now is to find and analyse 10-20 good companies for the portfolio.
I'm not an expert at the topic, but many people agree that we might be close to a bubble burst, as the stock markets have been going up for a long time. This might be the best time to learn how to invest.

Parents have been needling me to 'invest', and I used to think I should just go all into entrepreneurship...but I would leave no room to learn how to keep earnings, if any.

I feel exactly the same at the moment. I used to read books on investing, but then you need real practice, even if it's just paper trading. The days are just so long, combined with entrepreneurship, exercise, work, and cooking, it's very difficult to fit more in.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I'm not an expert at the topic, but many people agree that we might be close to a bubble burst, as the stock markets have been going up for a long time. This might be the best time to learn how to invest.

I feel exactly the same at the moment. I used to read books on investing, but then you need real practice, even if it's just paper trading. The days are just so long, combined with entrepreneurship, exercise, work, and cooking, it's very difficult to fit more in.
Agreed with all you said.

My current majors in university, finance and business analytics were tough, but pairing up their basic concepts with today’s problems in the finance system, and it’s a treasure trove of education indeed.

And yes, practice is needed, especially to see how an instrument performs across a time period, or whether my buy/sell limit orders are legit.

To solve the lack of time issue, some steps that come to mind are not to chase after fat returns blindly, like the traders do, and curating my research info to be from decent sources.

my expected portfolio return should be very conservative, once I settle things out.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
And yes, practice is needed, especially to see how an instrument performs across a time period, or whether my buy/sell limit orders are legit.

One thing I found really interesting was Demo/Virtual accounts, to trade without spending real money. It's tricky, because you don't have the same psychology behind compared to putting your credit card, but as long as you make it as close as possible, it can be a good way to practise without throwing too much money away, at least for a few weeks/months. Then, finding a platform that allows low investments can be the next step. I might go back to the basics and use virtual portfolios, as I made some money trading (with stocks), but lost money as well (with cryptos).

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
I have 6 pages worth of goals for 2020 :).

I will cover my main business goals below. I will be holding down a full time job while accomplishing the below. When I get this off the ground properly, I can scale it pretty well, currently all I have is the LLC registered and some plans but 2020 is the year I hit this with all the force I can generate.

GoalCurrent:Succes MeasureEOY Met?
Get 5 revenue producing recurring clients for my software Consulting Company05 revenue recurring client
Have my software consulting company solutions producing 20K Net Profit020K Net Profit
Make 15K profit using side hustles, such as Craigslist flipping, consulting.NA15K Net Profit

Shamira M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 9, 2019
Scale my first website/blog to 30,000 sessions and apply and get accepted into Mediavine. I’m currently at 25,000.
Scale my second website /blog to 30,000 sessions and apply & get accepted into Mediavine.
Scale both of my blogs to bring in at least $1000 dollars per month. I have a friend who actually motivated me to get into Pinterest blogging who’s doing really well. She made $3000 from Mediavine last month so I know the number can go that high and even higher than that.
Scale both of my Pinterest accounts to reach 10 million monthly viewers. I’ve found that that’s the Pinterest numbers sweet spot. Driving traffic to one’s website becomes a lot more easier at that point. I scaled my first account to 3 million in a year and my second one to 700k in 2 months, so 10million is definitely happening this year.
Sell at least 500 copies of my Pinterest course.
Travel to at least 2 countries (undisclosed).
Grow my IG accounts to 10,000k. I actively took part in growing IG accounts a while back but left because it got a bit overwhelming. I feel like I have the marketing end of Pinterest down so I’m looking to get back into IG.
Sign 10 clients for Pinterest Management & Marketing.
Network more.
Make friends because I’m a true loner at heart.

Mtegha_jr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 2, 2020
I have found a pain point I want to solve in my field.
At our laboratory, all the results produced are manually entered in the spreadsheet. Any time I visit the lab I hear the same old complaints. It's tiresome.
Thanks to MJ, I know this is an opportunity.
I want to automate the data entry for them

amitksingh76

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 13, 2020
1) Register my first company by Feb 2020
2) Resign from my current organization by Feb 2020 (after a 20 year long corporate career with different companies, in different geographies)
3) Start my business by Mar 2020
4) Business up and running with my 100% focus and time by Jul 2020
5) By end of 2020 my business gives me the same earnings as I do today from my plush corporate job

Pavan M.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Dec 3, 2018
I have started learning web development. And started learning HTML and CSS on Codecademy and Freecodecamp. And already built 2 static web pages. After mastering HTML and CSS I will start freelancing.
I am also learning about Copywriting, But I am Stuck and Dont know where to start practicing my Copywriting Skills.
Any Suggestions Pls.

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Any Suggestions Pls.
Do google ads for a local business. You dont even need to know great ad admin just copy right and google will do the hard work for you

Dopefish1337

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 12, 2017
Norway
Any Suggestions Pls.

Don't know about copywriting per se, but there's a Udemy course I highly recommend called "Build Responsive Real World Websites with HTML5 and CSS3" and it teaches a lot of things that goes into it, including copywriting, design, simple color theory etc. I've made a couple websites already using what I've learnt here :D

BTW, how does your websites look? Would you mind sharing with us?

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
1) Pass my A Grades and be accepted into a prépa or post bac university.
3) On a business side, have at least 1$ in profit from any of a business and 10$ in valuation!

Good luck!!
1 and 3 done!

I guess a bump is in order!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads