The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

what tools do you suggest for cold outreach via mail.

Marketing, social media, advertising

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Hi fastlaners,

I am starting to sell my web designing service via cold email, what tools do you recommend to use?
also, can you suggest any cheaper alternative to mailshake,

my all-cold email will have the first highly personal line.

would love if you give any related advice also.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
Hi fastlaners,

I am starting to sell my web designing service via cold email, what tools do you recommend to use?
also, can you suggest any cheaper alternative to mailshake,

my all-cold email will have the first highly personal line.

would love if you give any related advice also.
Have you exhausted other, more personal ways of prospecting first? I get so many of these (and SEO) emails and they go straight to junk. Personal first line or not, my brain is trained to spot them. What other methods have you considered?

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Have you exhausted other, more personal ways of prospecting first? I get so many of these (and SEO) emails and they go straight to junk. Personal first line or not, my brain is trained to spot them. What other methods have you considered?
I want to prospect in different country (UK), my spoken English is not perfect, good enough though.

Would you reply if i take time to look up your profile and complemented you in the first line.
told you how can I help you
fluidly asked for a quick call .

Would it help?

Anyways I would be sending atleast 1000 emails and then decide is it worth it or not.

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Jul 8, 2017
UK

Fully agree with this.

You've got to think differently about this.

How can you stand out in a sea of vanilla?

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Fully agree with this.

You've got to think differently about this.

How can you stand out in a sea of vanilla?
I understand the point.

The concerns you raised are absolutely right.

I think I know/learnt the solution, i just want to test it that is it working or not.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Should I send it from gamil or buy up a domain and gsuite.

I took a course from this guys he said to use gsuite as it avoid getting mail to go to spam folder and some other stuff. https://twitter.com/blackhatwizardd?s=20

Though I would trust you on your word than a guy on twitter.

It shouldn't matter, but if this is your first time and you don't know how well your message is going to be received, you may want to use a throwaway domain that still has some resemblance to your brand.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
It shouldn't matter, but if this is your first time and you don't know how well your message is going to be received, you may want to use a throwaway domain that still has some resemblance to your brand.
Is warm up required for throwaway gmail also?

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
I want to prospect in different country (UK), my spoken English is not perfect, good enough though.

Would you reply if i take time to look up your profile and complemented you in the first line.
told you how can I help you
fluidly asked for a quick call .

Would it help?

Anyways I would be sending atleast 1000 emails and then decide is it worth it or not.
It would indeed be better to show me that you actually did your homework, but my brain is still trained to filter.

I'm trying to solve a similar problem of how I can go from contacting someone cold to getting them to know me, like me, then trust me and possibly consider my services or refer me. The first step, which is where traditional cold tactics fail in my opinion, is to get a response from them. The question is, how can you expotentially increase your chances of getting an initial response? The next question is how can you transition from that response to getting them to know you, like you, and trust you. If we can solve those problems, we might find a process that works better than cold contacting at scale, and might win the game via quality instead of quantity. I've already come up with a solution to this problem for my services and niche. I'm putting things in place to start testing it to confirm whether the theory actually works...I can only invite you to try your head at the thought experiment and see what you come up with.

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
It would indeed be better to show me that you actually did your homework, but my brain is still trained to filter.

I'm trying to solve a similar problem of how I can go from contacting someone cold to getting them to know me, like me, then trust me and possibly consider my services or refer me. The first step, which is where traditional cold tactics fail in my opinion, is to get a response from them. The question is, how can you expotentially increase your chances of getting an initial response? The next question is how can you transition from that response to getting them to know you, like you, and trust you. If we can solve those problems, we might find a process that works better than cold contacting at scale, and might win the game via quality instead of quantity. I've already come up with a solution to this problem for my services and niche. I'm putting things in place to start testing it to confirm whether the theory actually works...I can only invite you to try your head at the thought experiment and see what you come up with.
To pump your intuition a bit, let me throw out some ideas...

If I you frequented a business, let's say a barber, it would be much easier to pitch to them...'Was looking to share your contacts with a friend but couldn't find your website...do you have one?'

If you bought a product...it's much easier because you're an existing customer and you've put money in their hands, vs an outright cold message. At least they know you found them because you bought their offering,vs seeking them out just to sell them something.

If you ask someone about their product/service, you're way more likely to get a response vs pitching your services on your first contact. Question is, how do you go from asking about their product/service to pitching yours without them feeling like they were duped (and without actually duping them...i.e. by adding value at every step of your interaction)? I've found an answer that may work for me. Going to start testing soon.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
The secret to success with cold email these days is personalisation.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
When I do outreach I like them to have raised their hand first.

Example 1:

I’m tweeting about Google Ads and putting ad spend behind it on Twitter.

I can check out who Likes the tweets or who follows me.

I can then DM them and initiate a conversation. “Thanks for following Bob. How’s your XYX business/project going?”

Now I’ve gone above and beyond by DMing them, instead of coming across as spammy or creepy.

Example 2:

Run ads on Google and get visitors. Do reverse IP lookups then contact those businesses that get matched.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
When you said "mail" -- I'm really old school. I've used snail-mail postcards for 45 years. ( And they still work. I went to escrow today with another purchase of a trust deed.) But, the basics are the same. My simple and direct message is targeted toward carefully chosen prospects. I spend a lot of time and effort figuring out who to include on my list. And my message is well tested.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.