The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

what tools do you suggest for cold outreach via mail.

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Raja

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
Hi fastlaners,

I am starting to sell my web designing service via cold email, what tools do you recommend to use?
also, can you suggest any cheaper alternative to mailshake,

my all-cold email will have the first highly personal line.

would love if you give any related advice also.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 26, 2018
Hi fastlaners,

I am starting to sell my web designing service via cold email, what tools do you recommend to use?
also, can you suggest any cheaper alternative to mailshake,

my all-cold email will have the first highly personal line.

would love if you give any related advice also.
Have you exhausted other, more personal ways of prospecting first? I get so many of these (and SEO) emails and they go straight to junk. Personal first line or not, my brain is trained to spot them. What other methods have you considered?

Raja

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019

Raja

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
Have you exhausted other, more personal ways of prospecting first? I get so many of these (and SEO) emails and they go straight to junk. Personal first line or not, my brain is trained to spot them. What other methods have you considered?
I want to prospect in different country (UK), my spoken English is not perfect, good enough though.

Would you reply if i take time to look up your profile and complemented you in the first line.
told you how can I help you
fluidly asked for a quick call .

Would it help?

Anyways I would be sending atleast 1000 emails and then decide is it worth it or not.

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 8, 2017
UK

Fully agree with this.

You've got to think differently about this.

How can you stand out in a sea of vanilla?

Raja

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
Fully agree with this.

You've got to think differently about this.

How can you stand out in a sea of vanilla?
I understand the point.

The concerns you raised are absolutely right.

I think I know/learnt the solution, i just want to test it that is it working or not.

SEOguy

SEO Expert
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Should I send it from gamil or buy up a domain and gsuite.

I took a course from this guys he said to use gsuite as it avoid getting mail to go to spam folder and some other stuff. https://twitter.com/blackhatwizardd?s=20

Though I would trust you on your word than a guy on twitter.

It shouldn't matter, but if this is your first time and you don't know how well your message is going to be received, you may want to use a throwaway domain that still has some resemblance to your brand.

Raja

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
It shouldn't matter, but if this is your first time and you don't know how well your message is going to be received, you may want to use a throwaway domain that still has some resemblance to your brand.
Is warm up required for throwaway gmail also?

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 26, 2018
I want to prospect in different country (UK), my spoken English is not perfect, good enough though.

Would you reply if i take time to look up your profile and complemented you in the first line.
told you how can I help you
fluidly asked for a quick call .

Would it help?

Anyways I would be sending atleast 1000 emails and then decide is it worth it or not.
It would indeed be better to show me that you actually did your homework, but my brain is still trained to filter.

I'm trying to solve a similar problem of how I can go from contacting someone cold to getting them to know me, like me, then trust me and possibly consider my services or refer me. The first step, which is where traditional cold tactics fail in my opinion, is to get a response from them. The question is, how can you expotentially increase your chances of getting an initial response? The next question is how can you transition from that response to getting them to know you, like you, and trust you. If we can solve those problems, we might find a process that works better than cold contacting at scale, and might win the game via quality instead of quantity. I've already come up with a solution to this problem for my services and niche. I'm putting things in place to start testing it to confirm whether the theory actually works...I can only invite you to try your head at the thought experiment and see what you come up with.

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 26, 2018
It would indeed be better to show me that you actually did your homework, but my brain is still trained to filter.

I'm trying to solve a similar problem of how I can go from contacting someone cold to getting them to know me, like me, then trust me and possibly consider my services or refer me. The first step, which is where traditional cold tactics fail in my opinion, is to get a response from them. The question is, how can you expotentially increase your chances of getting an initial response? The next question is how can you transition from that response to getting them to know you, like you, and trust you. If we can solve those problems, we might find a process that works better than cold contacting at scale, and might win the game via quality instead of quantity. I've already come up with a solution to this problem for my services and niche. I'm putting things in place to start testing it to confirm whether the theory actually works...I can only invite you to try your head at the thought experiment and see what you come up with.
To pump your intuition a bit, let me throw out some ideas...

If I you frequented a business, let's say a barber, it would be much easier to pitch to them...'Was looking to share your contacts with a friend but couldn't find your website...do you have one?'

If you bought a product...it's much easier because you're an existing customer and you've put money in their hands, vs an outright cold message. At least they know you found them because you bought their offering,vs seeking them out just to sell them something.

If you ask someone about their product/service, you're way more likely to get a response vs pitching your services on your first contact. Question is, how do you go from asking about their product/service to pitching yours without them feeling like they were duped (and without actually duping them...i.e. by adding value at every step of your interaction)? I've found an answer that may work for me. Going to start testing soon.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 17, 2015
England
The secret to success with cold email these days is personalisation.

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
When I do outreach I like them to have raised their hand first.

Example 1:

I’m tweeting about Google Ads and putting ad spend behind it on Twitter.

I can check out who Likes the tweets or who follows me.

I can then DM them and initiate a conversation. “Thanks for following Bob. How’s your XYX business/project going?”

Now I’ve gone above and beyond by DMing them, instead of coming across as spammy or creepy.

Example 2:

Run ads on Google and get visitors. Do reverse IP lookups then contact those businesses that get matched.

WJK

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
When you said "mail" -- I'm really old school. I've used snail-mail postcards for 45 years. ( And they still work. I went to escrow today with another purchase of a trust deed.) But, the basics are the same. My simple and direct message is targeted toward carefully chosen prospects. I spend a lot of time and effort figuring out who to include on my list. And my message is well tested.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Three things: 1. Discord Chat is open. Click here for free access. 2. New YouTube Channel...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Its for students who have joined. Did you sign up? Hey Rob, been watching your infoproduct and...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom