The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Tech Are You Eyeing This Black Friday / Cyber Monday?

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018
Who said I NEED anything?

Who said I NEED anything?

Do you? or Don't you? Not sure the point of the post?

If "other" people are eyeing things up then - why haven't they purchased them already?

You either need it or you don't. If you are eyeing things up you aren't sure and being seduced by a sales technique

Apologies if you don't need anything. Though it applies to others too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
What tech is everyone eyeing this Friday and Monday? (Feel free to post non tech stuff too)

Protip:

Amazon price tracker, Amazon price history charts, price watches, and price drop alerts. (price history)
Honey (coupons)

This SSD is looking good right now. Great for laptops

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0781Z7Y3S/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I wasn't eyeing anything. Then my parents wanted to buy me a PS4 for Christmas, so I eyeballed that. Turns out the online deals are sold out, so they wanted to PayPal me $200 to go stand in line 2 hours early at Wal-Mart to buy a PS4 for myself at the discounted price of $199.

I'm not eyeballing the PS4 anymore, and also finally got to back up my statement that you literally couldn't pay me to go to Wal-Mart on Black Friday. On a side note, I'm thankful today that my PS3 still works after 11 years.

In a few hours I'll be eyeing YouTube for the latest Black Friday Brawls. That's my favorite part of the shopping holiday. :clench:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I wasn't eyeing anything. Then my parents wanted to buy me a PS4 for Christmas, so I eyeballed that. Turns out the online deals are sold out, so they wanted to PayPal me $200 to go stand in line 2 hours early at Wal-Mart to buy a PS4 for myself at the discounted price of $199.

I'm not eyeballing the PS4 anymore, and also finally got to back up my statement that you literally couldn't pay me to go to Wal-Mart on Black Friday. On a side note, I'm thankful today that my PS3 still works after 11 years.

In a few hours I'll be eyeing YouTube for the latest Black Friday Brawls. That's my favorite part of the shopping holiday. :clench:

Magic - Personal Assistant On Demand

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018

I'm not eyeballing the PS4 anymore, and also finally got to back up my statement that you literally couldn't pay me to go to Wal-Mart on Black Friday.

Chill

Wtf

Fair Question.... Not?
WTF is Black Friday? I would suggest a marketing ploy to kick start more spending

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC

Dang consoles are cheap these days. For $200 you can get a decent graphics card for your computer, and hook up a controller. (Newegg is a good site)

OR

1. Get paid to go to walmart
2. Film the crowd
3. Upload to youtube
4. Youtube money
5. Buy regular priced ps4 and still have some left over

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
1150591969.png Just moved into a new place recently and wanted to get a new TV for my living room (common area as I have employees here during weekdays) and a PS4 so we can do some team building exercises on break time :)

Kohl's PS4 deal for $199 and $60 Kohl's cash is just a solid deal. Will be going to Best Buy for the TV (need smart TV so I can display my laptop screen wirelessly on it also for presentations).

I live .25 miles from both so Im just gonna run through both at 5pm and try to get in and out. Will report back as I've never been dumb enough to deal with Black Friday madness before.

Edit: 30 minutes and $500 later. Managed to hit both stores and be out the door before the madness started.

Last edited:

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
New iPhone XR in 128gb or X i don't know, my 6S is dying and i had it since the launch, i don't buy anything normally but it's starting to piss me off when you go out with 100% and while doing nothing you now got 50% in 30 minutes (battery has been changed 5 months ago).

So yes, new iPhone i guess.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Fair Question.... Not?
WTF is Black Friday? I would suggest a marketing ploy to kick start more spending

Not the way you worded it.

Nothing wrong with snagging something on a discount.

Now if you are going to kill each other in Walmart that's another story.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Fair Question.... Not?

Why are you so butthurt about people buying stuff and asking others about good deals they saw?

You need to relax.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Hadn't considered it before I saw this thread (too busy with our sale haha) but I definitely need a smart tv for the warehouse and some new speakers, thanks for the prompt @ApparentHorizon :thumbsup:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
We passed by a Walmart on the way to take the mother-in-law home. It did not seem near as bad as years past. I'd say 80% as bad a last year. I could be wrong but that's what it looked like driving by.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
New iPhone XR in 128gb or X i don't know, my 6S is dying and i had it since the launch, i don't buy anything normally but it's starting to piss me off when you go out with 100% and while doing nothing you now got 50% in 30 minutes (battery has been changed 5 months ago).

• As an entrepreneur, I am using my phone constantly
  • E-mails, texts, phone calls..worth it to have a good phone
  • Bloatware and planned obsolescence is evil
  • Some say getting a used iPhone 8 is worth it too depending on your budget

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018

I had a Galaxy S5. I dropped it somewhere and it got rained on. Wouldn't work. The S5 took 10 mintues for it to charge 10% battery. I traded it in for an S9. The S9 takes 10 minutes to charge 1% battery. Thanks Obama!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I just moved from my old 5S to a reconditioned 5SE. Hoping the battery life is better. I had to charge the old one twice a day it seemed, and that was getting pretty annoying.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I’ll have to get me a standup desk one day. I’m sure my back will thank me. Which one are you looking at @Sanj Modha ?
You can also get Jarvis legs and use your existing table top.

OR Jarvis legs and an Ikea tabletop works well too

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Looking at a myriad of cellphones since my parents want to change their cellphone. Considering the market price and the fact that they want something that's not expensive, I don't want to buy them cheap crap (Hello Samsung A5).

I will probably give them my OnePlus 5, which is more than they'll ever need, or get them a LG G7 One (Finally an LG withtout LG crap on it).

I was looking at Koodo deals (Telus), and found a crazy method that makes it possible to save ~40%-50% on flagship phones prices.

I just don't know how/where to write that and market that idea. It's so easy and yet I know some people that do it without any trouble, it's all legal and nothing shady too. I wonder what the company was thinking by implementing techniques like that. I might post that in the Speedway section.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
If money is not an issue...there are so many other better brands than Bose

Best On-Ear Headphones Money Can Buy (2018)

Is there a reason to focus on On-Ear headphones ? I'd recommend reading this thread for anyone serious about a good On-Ear pair: which is the best on ear headphone

Otherwise, the Head-Fi forum is a goldmine for any audiophile looking for the best pair of headphone for them. Don't forget about DACs.

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
A standup desk and the Bose Bluetooth quiet headphones!
I have the bose noise canceling 35 headphones and love them. I received for Christmas few years back and use them every couple of days. The only issue I have is their Bluetooth range. If the phone is in my pocket and I bend down, it won't stream correctly and start skipping as if the signal is weak. You can walk around room to room as well due to the range. But overall, I am pleased.

For the desk I have the veridesk and have been pleased as well. Keyboard height is perfect but I had to get a riser for the screen until my 32" screen came in and no more riser.

JG17

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Oct 22, 2018
London, UK
Got £62 off the keyboard I wanted. My current one is awful so needed an upgrade, decided to wait until today to see if it went down, good decision.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.