The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What SUCS about the Slowlane...

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

JustKris

Writing and talking, basically.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Oct 16, 2012
In the mountains
You know the worst thing about working in the Slowlane? The lack of control in the quality of what you're selling.

The place where I work now has a decent product, but there are so many problems that keep plaguing the company without an end in sight.

And it's so frustrating to have a customer call in and not be able to help them. Or talking to the founders about some critical problem and have them shrug and go "Yeah, I don't know what we can do."

I don't know many times I've illustrated how these problems are costing hundreds of thousands in revenue and even brought in solutions----only to hear "We can't deal with that yet." Meanwhile, they've dropped $250,000 on some completely unrelated app that has nothing to do with the core business and has ZERO users.

You can't give that Superior Unexpected Customer Service when your company is riddled with product flaws, process deficiencies, and people who just don't give a shit.

I hate it. And this is my "F*ck this" moment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
You know the worst thing about working in the Slowlane? The lack of control in the quality of what you're selling.

The place where I work now has a decent product, but there are so many problems that keep plaguing the company without an end in sight.

And it's so frustrating to have a customer call in and not be able to help them. Or talking to the founders about some critical problem and have them shrug and go "Yeah, I don't know what we can do."

I don't know many times I've illustrated how these problems are costing hundreds of thousands in revenue and even brought in solutions----only to hear "We can't deal with that yet." Meanwhile, they've dropped $250,000 on some completely unrelated app that has nothing to do with the core business and has ZERO users.

You can't give that Superior Unexpected Customer Service when your company is riddled with product flaws, process deficiencies, and people who just don't give a shit.

I hate it. And this is my "F*ck this" moment.

Is there a chance you can become their competitor? Use the contacts and knowledge you have and strike out on your own, taking some of their disgruntled ex-clients with you.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Ding ding ding! Opportunity!

v0lume4

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
May 1, 2017
Greenville, SC
Is there a chance you can become their competitor? Use the contacts and knowledge you have and strike out on your own, taking some of their disgruntled ex-clients with you.
Sounds like what my father did with his business. He was a saleman for a company, made them boatloads of money, and when his boss screwed him out of thousands ($10,000+) of dollars, he realized, "Wait. Why am I bringing in sales (money) for this crappy boss when I can have the whole cake?" He went out on his own and now he gets to keep all of the profits.

OP -- Not saying that this strategy works for everyone/all industries, but just some food for thought.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

UncommonWay

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
May 9, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
That's a good place to be in, having the skill that's needed (sales) to make the rest of the business happen. The boss "won" in the short run, but he screwed himself out of long-term gains by killing to golden goose with his greed. Good salesmen are the sine qua non of business.

Sounds like what my father did with his business. He was a saleman for a company, made them boatloads of money, and when his boss screwed him out of thousands ($10,000+) of dollars, he realized, "Wait. Why am I bringing in sales (money) for this crappy boss when I can have the whole cake?" He went out on his own and now he gets to keep all of the profits.

OP -- Not saying that this strategy works for everyone/all industries, but just some food for thought.

JustKris

Writing and talking, basically.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Oct 16, 2012
In the mountains

It would be extremely expensive (prob at least $200k) and require partnering with some outside companies. Though a couple of clients actually did just do this...because they were so upset with the service. They went out and built a similar software platform and partnered with a competitor.

But on the upside, I did learn enough to create a course based on the growth hacking strategies I used to double their new business. Almost done with the first draft now.

And there might be some Fastlane potential in solving the systemic problems they have, since some similar companies are experiencing the same thing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.