The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, everyone. I'm about to step out of the Slowlane.

Iceberger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 20, 2023
Chicago, IL
Hi, all. I go by Iceberger.

As of right now, I work in IT as an IAM Administrator, but I started out as a fat kid in New York. After losing 100lbs throughout high school and college, I pretty much disregarded my English degree (I know) and studied to become a NASM-certified personal trainer for about four years. Financially, that kinda sucked, so when COVID put that industry into a coma, I moved to Chicago and dove back into IT (after touching many of those concepts in my high school major). After a year and a half, I was about to obtain a hybrid-remote job paying $85k, pretty much doubling my salary from two years prior. That's all well and good, but it would take me quite a while to retire just on that, so I gotta do something else.

Well, after being inspired by the YouTuber Hamza to get on self-improvement, I have since rebranded my YouTube channel tfocus on fitness and overall discipline, with the goal of eventually monetizing my audience is various ways. I also wanna help the young'uns these days, as society will just make them fatter and lazier with each passing day.

Just yesterday, my wife and I also just had our offer accepted on a duplex in Indiana, which we will be renting out and also living in. We may use part of it as an AirBnB, but the area the property is in isn't exactly sexy. It's not dangerous, either.

I'm also toying with the idea of utilizing AI to "fix" or improve a process and making that my business. Yes, that's very vague and nebulous because I just got that idea over the weekend, due to finishing the Fastlane book.

If you can't tell, I've kinda been trying to get into the Fastlane before even reading the book, but the book has cemented my resolve and given me many good ideas. $85k is nice, and I could get more if I job-hopped, but the job I'm at now is very slow-paced, so I don't want to give up all this time I have during my remote days.

If anyone has any feedback on what I've done so far or what I'm trying to undertake, I'm all ears. I'm happy to be here!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
AI is sure to skew the Entry component of CENTS in numerous arenas over the next couple of years. AI will prove to be a valuable tool, but too many seem to want to use it as a one-stop cudgel to whack problems on the head. My personal thought would be to select a problem and start developing a valued solution utilizing your own creativity, innovation, experience and drive, then use AI to hone your processes and marketing material. Whatever you do, I recommend you atay active here to stay motivated.
Best of luck and welcome!

Alex_98

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 14, 2023
Welcome fellow Hamza tribe member ;)

It warms my heart to see another person from his community in this one.

I immediately checked out your Youtube channel and see that you yourself have done a great amount of work on yourself!

I love that you've tried so many different exercising programs, HIIT, the "Insanities" and "Rush fit" program, and 5x5.

That is fantastic, man.

You've earned yourself another sub on Youtube, and I hope to see more of you in the future.

Iceberger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 20, 2023
Chicago, IL
Welcome fellow Hamza tribe member ;)

It warms my heart to see another person from his community in this one.

I immediately checked out your Youtube channel and see that you yourself have done a great amount of work on yourself!

I love that you've tried so many different exercising programs, HIIT, the "Insanities" and "Rush fit" program, and 5x5.

That is fantastic, man.

You've earned yourself another sub on Youtube, and I hope to see more of you in the future.
Thank you, fellow Adonis-in-the-making! Appreciate you checking out my stuff. I know my thumbnails kinda suck (which I'm working on), but if you have any harsh feedback, feel free to lay it on me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alex_98

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 14, 2023
Thank you, fellow Adonis-in-the-making! Appreciate you checking out my stuff. I know my thumbnails kinda suck (which I'm working on), but if you have any harsh feedback, feel free to lay it on me.
You seem more and more confident in your videos as I saw the old ones to the new ones, which is fantastic!

I'd drop the blue filter, I see that you're trying to replicate your avatar with it, but I'd much more enjoy a more natural skintone for your videos.

Do still keep the avatar, it's a sick representation of who you are, I just don't think you need to do it with a blue light filter.

Iceberger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 20, 2023
Chicago, IL
You seem more and more confident in your videos as I saw the old ones to the new ones, which is fantastic!

I'd drop the blue filter, I see that you're trying to replicate your avatar with it, but I'd much more enjoy a more natural skintone for your videos.

Do still keep the avatar, it's a sick representation of who you are, I just don't think you need to do it with a blue light filter.
Thanks. I was toying with dropping the blue filter, as it may come off as gimmicky. You're not the first person to mention that, either. I'll drop it, and see what happens.

Alex_98

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 14, 2023

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.