• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

NOTABLE! What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

Discussion in 'Lessons from Success/Failure' started by MJ DeMarco, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tom Davies

Tom Davies New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $61
    I done what most people don't do. TAKE ACTION. Trust me, people just learn learn and learn. Nobody takes action.

2. KLaw

KLaw Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,262
    Progress thread?

3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $292,705
    Admin Post
    Some recent value...

Masterclass.com - if you have an interest in writing, acting, movies, films, screenwriting, electronic music, cooking -- a great chance to hear some wisdom from the greatest in their fields.

getStencil.com - an app for making things up pretty quick. Got it on a lifetime Sumo deal, been having a lot of fun with it.

4. jcvlds

jcvlds Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $392
    Took a look at it, looks really nice! Thanks for the share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Mr.Brandtastic

Mr.Brandtastic Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,448
    No book has ever motivated me in the way that this book has. Getting the audio book and I've listened to it 4 times.

6. steelandchrome

steelandchrome Author of The Retail Leader Book. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,671
    Might be an odd one considering how much a lot of people on here hate wasting time watching TV, movies, sports, etc... But mine would probably be an XBMC Mart box. http://a.co/0W85rVk It was $99 and once connected to the internet you can watch basically any sports event (PPV events like UFC included) or your favorite football team that is not shown in your state.. You can search and stream movies (sometimes still in theaters), you can watch shows only available on netflix, HBO, etc... all for FREE through the box. I would say I have consumed at least $2500 in content I would have had to pay for in the two years I have had it.
    Disclaimer it can take a while to search through titles and channels to find what you want and sometimes the quality is not there and you have to deal with 720 vs 1080 but if you are going to waste the time watching anyways it is worth it.

7. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative Come to Mah Seminah Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,708
  8. keith4444

keith4444 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $146
    Just went to see if this deal on Appsumo was still active but it’s finished :( I think Appsumo is value in itself. Bought a few things from there now on lifetime deals which are super cheap!

9. jwhanke

jwhanke New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $69
    My Audible subscription is the best value for me the past 2.5 years. Basically 10x how many books I read and it is not expensive at all. Small price to pay to keep continuing to learn.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  10. Autobahn1985

Autobahn1985 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $87
    TBH, first thing that comes to mind is "The 4 Hour Work Week"... It is not better than TMF, it is NOT... But it was the first book that turned me away from the fastlane and got me to start my first own business...

And, most recently, the 2,5k € I paid for my Surface Laptop. Makes working so much easier, I just hate apple technology, and this is the first windows computer that is mobile but also renders my videos while I work on wordpress... Great! :D Saves my an average of 1 hour per video I render because of faster rendering, and I can do it wherever I want!

11. RichieS

RichieS New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $19
    An Instant Pot for me, it's been a massive time (and hassle) saver for eating healthily.

Really simple to use, don't have to keep an eye on the cooking, consistent results and keeps food warm until ready to eat. Inexpensive as well.

Attached Files:

Kingmaker likes this.
  12. NuclearPuma

NuclearPuma Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,093
    The book that opened me up to the direction I want to go: "The 4 hour work week". This book set me on the path to begin consuming books from reading zero books to reading over ten in a year.

Best value that wasn't a book: Amazon Prime and convenience of kindle e-books.

Also, there was some free material by a guru that boosted my confidence and I went into my bosses office and negotiate a $1,500 bonus I wouldn't have otherwise gotten.... so for 15-20 minutes of my time and the balls to ask, I made $1,500. I never purchased any of this gurus courses but I'd say that free content was pretty valuable.

Autobahn1985 likes this.
  13. Rachel888

Rachel888 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,457
    This sounds very high-maintenance, but about 6 months I paid $400 to have my eyebrows microbladed. It is the best money I ever spent. Not only do I have more confidence (and am more likely to leave the house without any makeup at all) but it saves me at least 5-10 minutes in the morning, which when our time is super limited, is a huge deal! I'm always in favor of paying money to save time... another good value is the cleaners we hired to come clean our house weekly. Now I have several more hours on the weekend to spend on money-producing activities. OUTSOURCE OUTSOURCE OUTSOURCE!

Kham, MJ DeMarco, Kingmaker and 3 others like this.
  14. SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $88
    Since you've thrown this out there - I have to agree. It might sound a bit surface, but if it gives you peace of mind and additional self-confidence, those are two worthwhile returns. I was balding in my mid-twenties and decided it was time to either go with a full-shaved head to avoid the George Costanza look or try a hair transplant. It was tough for me because it is one of those few things in life that you can't change even if you are willing to put in the work, change your eating/lifestyle habits, etc. It just is what it is.

The hair transplant was obviously more costly, but ended up being the path I chose. I am now beyond happy with my hairline and don't have to constantly worry about covering up my giant dome with baseball caps or combing over my hair to hide bald spots. The peace of mind it provided definitely made it one of my best investments to date.

Rachel888 and Kingmaker like this.
  15. Autobahn1985

Autobahn1985 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $87
    What he said! Maybe it is not the BEST value, but with AppSumo, you always get PRETTY GOOD value!

keith4444 likes this.