The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What does being a millionaire mean to you?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Just the feeling. Ex. peace at mind, Etc. :)
I don't think many will answer. Wouldn't that be a de facto statement of net-worth. Those types of statements are made in private to those of trust.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
You have created a good company.
Have good habits, good mindset, some experience, have been doing it a few years.
You didn't mess up anything TOO major.
Have a grasp of fundamentals that works well with your own nature.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I know some millionaires.
They're just people.
Some are calm, relaxed and easy going. Confident.
Some are wrapped real tight. Always looking over their shoulders.
And everything in between.

The true cliche is that money amplifies who you are.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Here are some hints...

I didn't realize how many millionaires I knew until I had spent some time here.
Then I began to realize that the title didn't mean much.
My wealth is a Rolodex full of quality friends.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
I know some millionaires.
They're just people.
Some are calm, relaxed and easy going. Confident.
Some are wrapped real tight. Always looking over their shoulders.
And everything in between.

That is very true. I am not a millionaire but last week I was talking with a guy who works in the same industry I am in the process of getting into. I knew he was a millionaire, but I didn't know how rich he was until he nonchalantly started talking about his $3,000,000 yacht he just bought. I would have never in a million years guessed that this guy was wealthy enough to afford a yacht like that, he was extremely nice, down to Earth, and was more than willing to help me and give me advice.

So, like jon.a said, they are just people and they have their different reasons for wanting and creating success.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
What does being a millionaire mean to ME?
Opportunity to scale.
Ability to create bigger and better automated systems and businesses QUICKLY.

I don't know if I'll ever experience the freedom I want, even if I had a few BILLION.
My ambitions are REALLY big,..

Wimtbimtb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 14, 2008
South East Michigan
It means being able to help friends and or friends of friends. Help a family when a parent dies and they had no life insurance. Helping people and or a family or more during a time of need.
It means having FREEDOM to take a week long mini-vacation during my busy time of the year and relax. aka C/B2014 babyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

It means knowing if I die today my family and friends will be taken care of. It means when a great investment comes along you can pounce on it and make some more $$$$$$. It means when you see a sad story on the local news of a person/family who bad a loss or NEED You're able to help them out. They say once you start giving back good things happen. I do feel that is a correct statement. It means you can spend time on this great FORUM that MJ has given us to help new young grass hoppers come here and give back to the Community they live and play in...

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Most importantly (not now, but when I grow enough to internalize it) is probably growth as a human being. I literally don't understand the grounded-ness/inner peace of people like Steve or Zen, but that's only because I haven't walked the road enough.

I know consciously that the person I become will outvalue all the other things that I think are important NOW.

I guess I want to become independent of inner and outer demons. To live life on my own terms.

And a wardrobe full of expensive suits and Hawaiian shirts. I don't know what people have against Hawaiian shirts.

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Most importantly (not now, but when I grow enough to internalize it) is probably growth as a human being. I literally don't understand the grounded-ness/inner peace of people like Steve or Zen, but that's only because I haven't walked the road enough.

I know consciously that the person I become will outvalue all the other things that I think are important NOW.

I guess I want to become independent of inner and outer demons. To live life on my own terms.

And a wardrobe full of expensive suits and Hawaiian shirts. I don't know what people have against Hawaiian shirts.
Hell i wear hawaiian shirts to school 2/5 days to school

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I guess I want to become independent of inner and outer demons

There are no such things as outer demons. All of our demons are internalized by ourselves.

Inner peace is something that comes with harsh realities that have to be worked though. We all have them. It does not come with money. You can let yourself be crushed by difficulties. You can CHOOSE alternatively to accept all good and bad as experiences that you learn from. When you let your problems consume you, your life becomes those problems.

Last edited:

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
There are no such thing as outer demons. All of our demons are internalized by ourselves.

Inner peace is something that comes with harsh realities that have to be worked though. We all have them. It does not come with money. You can let yourself be crushed by difficulties. You can CHOOSE alternatively to accept all good and bad as experiences that you learn from. When you let your problems consume you, your life becomes those problems.

I completely agree with SteveO on this formless and I'll put my own elaboration on it, let me know if it decentralizes the point you were trying to make SteveO.

Life is all about perspective. How you look at things in turn leads to how you handle these things. I'm not saying everything is easy to look at and say "what's good about this" but it is a requirement for success in any venture business or otherwise.

Now this isn't to say that you can look at everything with rose colored glasses and ignore problems hoping they will go away. But you should use a positive perspective on anything you encounter in order to move forward. Success is meant to be built on, failure is meant to be learned from. When you have a failure you should say "this is good" (as W. Clement Stone so fervently preached and practiced) then find the good in it. If you fail that's GOOD because now you know a way that doesn't work and hopefully you fail quickly so you can move on to another solution using the knowledge gained during the so called failure.

----------

Not to get all LoA on you but you truly do get what you think about. So when you're faced with problem if you let yourself be consumed with the problem and the fact that it exists worry and stress you then you will only get more of the same. It's proven psychologically if you concentrate on the bad then you'll let the rest of your day, week, month, or year be affected by it. So you'll screw up more, give up more easily (after all you think you'll fail again), etc. All because you're focusing on the wrong end of the equation.

On the flip side if you are faced with a problem you should CHOOSE to do one of two things. 1) Accept it, realize the consequences of acceptance, and let it be the way it is. (which is necessary for some problems that either a) are too petty to solve (which means it's not really a problem)or B) can not be fixed). 2) focus on the solution to the problem. By thinking about it constructively you'll come to a solution much quicker and the problem will be a thing of the past so you can move on and focus on the important things such as moving forward.

Both solutions allow you to do the two most important things TAKE CONTROL and MOVE FORWARD.

If you keep getting in car wrecks (metaphorically) in life or business then perhaps you're spending too much time looking in the rear view mirror at the problems behind you.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Life is all about perspective
Absolutely. This phrase sums up everything else you had to say.

Your perspective is the key to your experience in life.

Bring this into the context of this post it means that being a millionaire is expected. This is a life of plenty and abundance. Money is out there and easy to get.

D

DeletedUser2

this is true more than anything else I have seen out there.

if your a cool, easygoing person, then, magnified, your are just more of that

if your an a**hole, then, your a bigger a**hole.

money is a magnifier, of who you are.

for me, it has always just been being a cooler, nicer, version of younger me.

ps. Dont be an a**hole.
Z

Last edited by a moderator:

adal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 14, 2014
Freedom.

Living on my own terms.

Being able to help other people.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Freedom to say and do specifically, exactly, and precisely whatEVER I want to, and not WORRY about needing to play a role or game with others in order to maintain that freedom.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.