The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Color Ferrari Should I Buy? (I Have Twenty Bucks)

theInfiniteJ

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 9, 2014
This is a way to get themselves pumped up. But, it's sort of like how the Law of Attraction guys put up the vision boards. I suppose that's ok but why don't they ever put up a picture of thousands of satisfied customers? Or, employees celebrating a new profit target? It's always mansions, ferraris, etc. Which is fine! But, maybe mixing in some satisfied customers and some things that will GET you those things make sense.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
There's a huge difference between "Talk" and "Motivational Thinking".

There's nothing wrong with wanting a nice car, even planning on having on in 3 months after you make your first million.
I have a notebook with the layout of my dream house: A $10m castle I will have custom built. I know where the freakin toilets are going.
Nothing wrong with motivating yourself to succeed.

But the moment you open your mouth about it, you start the downward spiral.
You start thinking you're a hotshot because you have an idea.
You exhaust all your steam talking about the dream, you fulfill your wishes mentally and have no drive to actually attain them anymore.

The "Masturbation" analogy is right on.
Maybe you get a kick out of it for a few minutes, but it spends your energy and doesn't get you anywhere.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
MJ DeMarco said:
I have twenty bucks … what color Ferrari do I buy when I succeed?

Using this same theme, I love it when people say that it will be too difficult to decide what color Ferrari to buy, so it doesn't make any sense to even try to achieve success.

Lol...

Last edited by a moderator:

bboyu

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 5, 2013
This is the problem I have. After i get past my own setbacks i stop here because i dont know "how to" or "what to"

In chapter 37 MJ you talk about giving your road a destination- define your lifestlyle etc - after i have defined what you want to earn each month and the type of lifestyle you want to sustain - i dont know what approach to take.

How do you know what business or method to pursue that will have the potential to earn you that much so you can then get passionate about the idea to then attempt it?

You mentioned 3 fastlane interstates and 7 internet business models - if you have defined what you want how do you connect these to what you defined for yourself? Are you not just picking methods to earn money again? Your premise is that monthly figure which you outlined...the How is my biggest problem and the biggest setback.

Can anybody please help answer these questions?

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Dude.

Go and read @IceCreamKids thread on how to serve others.

Then work out your mental muscles by coming up with 5 ideas a day.

If you find one that's interesting then do the Rapid Validation method to see if it's worth pursuing.

Or, pick an industry that you have some feeling for and do the Idea Extraction thing and see if you can identify a need, then fill that need.

I totally realize that I am a green n00b at business and entrepreneurship. Having said that it seems as if the vast majority of your posts involve asking someone to think for you.

Best of luck

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Dude.

Go and read @IceCreamKids thread on how to serve others.

Then work out your mental muscles by coming up with 5 ideas a day.

If you find one that's interesting then do the Rapid Validation method to see if it's worth pursuing.

Or, pick an industry that you have some feeling for and do the Idea Extraction thing and see if you can identify a need, then fill that need.

I totally realize that I am a green n00b at business and entrepreneurship. Having said that it seems as if the vast majority of your posts involve asking someone to think for you.

Best of luck
Someone needs to make a pre-written reply to these posts.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
No shit. In fact, I just had a mind blowing idea about a way that I can serve my target audience in a big way. I don't understand how people can't just think and listen to people and NOT come up with a ton of ideas to help them.

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014
No shit. In fact, I just had a mind blowing idea about a way that I can serve my target audience in a big way. I don't understand how people can't just think and listen to people and NOT come up with a ton of ideas to help them.
Because people don't care and are lazy.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-Tzu

Start with step 1 and work your way up to that event, it's progress my friends.

"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Better use the time effectively because your limited on time, stop masturbating to the event!! just focus on the progress and you'll get there, dwell in your past mistakes and you won't get anywhere.

You guys are thinking to small, what color + materials and precious metals should i put inside the Boeing 777 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_777 LOL!

BigBrucy

BruceTheFounder
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 27, 2013
Canada
I've realized now by spending some time on this forum that i'm a huge wantrepreneur. I must change. I'm reading everything I can on this forum as well alot of books on startup/entrepreneurship. Need to stop mentally masturbating and get my shit together. Its easy for me to be idle & blame it on the fact that i'm only 18, but I bet i'll think the exact same shit when i'm 23. At the end of the day action is the only thing that matters. Thanks guys for helping me realize this. This forums a huge wake up call.

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
I've realized now by spending some time on this forum that i'm a huge wantrepreneur. I must change. I'm reading everything I can on this forum as well alot of books on startup/entrepreneurship. Need to stop mentally masturbating and get my shit together. Its easy for me to be idle & blame it on the fact that i'm only 18, but I bet i'll think the exact same shit when i'm 23. At the end of the day action is the only thing that matters. Thanks guys for helping me realize this. This forums a huge wake up call.
Have you read the book? You need to read it, like NOW. If you think this forum is a wake-up call, then the book is like having a cold fish b**** slap across your face wake-up call. The fact that you're here on this forum at your age is a great start, but having the ability to introspect and truly and honestly see where you're at compared to where you want to be is a one of the traits of entrepreneurship. Welcome to the Fastlane.

BigBrucy

BruceTheFounder
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 27, 2013
Canada
Have you read the book? You need to read it, like NOW. If you think this forum is a wake-up call, then the book is like having a cold fish b**** slap across your face wake-up call. The fact that you're here on this forum at your age is a great start, but having the ability to introspect and truly and honestly see where you're at compared to where you want to be is a one of the traits of entrepreneurship. Welcome to the Fastlane.

Thanks for the reply, and yes I've read the book twice. I guess I should try to find a mentor while brainstorming ideas, and learning everything I can. I'll try going to seminars, or any other places entrepreneurs might go. Just met an entrepreneur the other day at the gym that told me to study Dan Kennedy. Going to give that a shot as well. I need to start bootstrapping too, as I want to quit my job as a grocery clerk.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
just my contrarian yen:

Like Muhammad Ali once said, "It aint bragging if you can back it up". Success is elusive for many whether they got ferrari dreams or not. Generally speaking, there are no rules to success, just do you, and, the results will speak whether you are humble, or, arrogant.

Be well my friends.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Dude this forum is not an idea booth it is a resource to cut the learning curve. You are still treating this like a job. It's not. You will win or lose because of yourself. It is totally up to you. Some people like that and need their hand held.

My answer to all of your your questions is: Figure it out because you are the CEO.

Last edited:
G

GuestUser113

This is the problem I have. After i get past my own setbacks i stop here because i dont know "how to" or "what to"

In chapter 37 MJ you talk about giving your road a destination- define your lifestlyle etc - after i have defined what you want to earn each month and the type of lifestyle you want to sustain - i dont know what approach to take.

How do you know what business or method to pursue that will have the potential to earn you that much so you can then get passionate about the idea to then attempt it?

You mentioned 3 fastlane interstates and 7 internet business models - if you have defined what you want how do you connect these to what you defined for yourself? Are you not just picking methods to earn money again? Your premise is that monthly figure which you outlined...the How is my biggest problem and the biggest setback.

People on this forum have a wealth of knowledge. Some are EXTREMELY successful. While others are up and coming. Think of this forum as a tool. Search the forum. None of us are going to hold your hand. What you are asking is simply something that you can only answer yourself. You come up with something. Ask yourself is this of value? In the mean time read this - http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2012/10/how-to-become-an-idea-machine/ and this http://mixergy.com/course-cheat-sheet-rapid-validation

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
The timing of this thread is funny...

Mrs jon and I are forming a new LLC. We're on step 2. The other day she wanted to discuss step 32. I asked her what color of checks did she want to order?

Instant refocus.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I love how this turned into everyone yelling "stop masturbating!" at each-other in three pages.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
The timing of this thread is funny...

Mrs jon and I are forming a new LLC. We're on step 2. The other day she wanted to discuss step 32. I asked her what color of checks did she want to order?

Instant refocus.

that was a good one. Someone should create a poster or meme for something like this. You actually distilled life... so simple just not easy. Follow the step A,B,C,D,E, ....etc

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Why? if you're too lazy to use the search tool, you're too lazy to take action on any real-life game plan.

rcdlopez

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Nov 12, 2012
Los Angeles

Here's my advice. It's harsh but if you listen to it, it will help you.

Anytime you find yourself saying "I want to make money!", BITCH SLAP YOURSELF!. Then say to yourself "Nevermind, I want to create VALUE!"

Money flows to people who create value in the world. Stop thinking about what sort of lifestyle you want and start thinking about how you can improve mankind. Have faith that if you are a person who brings value to the world, then wealth will come to you! If you have an idea on how to create value then try it out. If no one uses it, then try something else.

Every religious/philosophical book out there talks about why being selfless is a virtue. This is ancient wisdom, man! LISTEN TO IT!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Why? if you're too lazy to use the search tool, you're too lazy to take action on any real-life game plan.
Need to post in MJ's thread with the idea to create a forum bot that direct auto replies with the top three threads to answer the newbie question..... think we would all chip in for it .... would clean up the forum a little...... would lead to fewer laughs, but would get us all refocused on why we are here....

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I repeat...
She immediately got the point. Smart gal.
Had a client.... took over a business.... spent the first month painting and repainting their entire office to get it the right color....... they did not (NOT!) have walk in customers (was a manufacturing shop)...... they have not surpassed $26B in sales to say the least......

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
these kids think they can just show up and win

OMG so true!

This has been true for decades and its getting even worse

Anyone here play chess or draughts? When I was in school the amount of people who said they were good but when you start winning they just quit or say the game is boring and quit. My nephew (12) wont play any game unless he can win, if hes losing he will quit before he actually loses...

My dad never let me win ever, he let me have chances if I made a silly move but he never lets anyone win, but parents nowadays let their kids win games to make them feel better, these kids grow up thinking they can always win and when they lose they are upset.

Teachers are also guilty of letting everyone win, or playing a game where there is no score keeping so nobody is the loser, they are taking the easy way out because they know kids will be upset if they lose.

Everytime I lost a game I would want a rematch, I will keep coming back until I won.

The first rule of any game - YOU CAN ONLY GET SMARTER BY PLAYING A SMARTER OPPONENT

Travis.I

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 11, 2014
Washington, US
I was thinking like this about a month ago. As in what car I was going to get, things like that. But I had to realize vehicles change year, and I i'll like something else. But that's not it. Instead of focusing on what car I will get, it's a waste of time, like you said, it could be months, years, or a decade or two before I achieve such level.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
This is soooo good! I deal with this all the time. I know people who talk about spending more money on infrastructure to make sure their unlaunched, unproven website with 0 traffic, will scale once it goes viral.

G

GuestUser113

The only right and sensible color to go with would be pastel. I would rock this thing so hard, yeah... :drool:

ferrari-enzo-painted-in-calm-sea-shade-45294-7.jpg

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I think we should take this thread more seriously. I feel like it's mocking people who can't decide on the colour of their Ferrari.
I'm sure many poor souls have spent months, even years contemplating the colour, and they come here begging for help and we shoot them down..
All that time that couldn't been out towards entrepreneurship...

Anyways, my Ferrari is gonna be ninja black.
Don't hate

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.