The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What came first...the market or the problem?

What comes first...?

• Total voters

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
My group and I were having a discussion about what come first; the market or the problem?

If the market came first you are able to target a specific customer with a specific problem but you could be alienating other possible problems you can solve. (I choose this route)

What do you think? I want to hear your opinions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
I think the problem came first. You have people with needs (problems) and someone saw an opportunity to help them and also get him something from helping them and that's how the market was born. But... I have no clue. Lol. Just my two cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Both come together.

For example, if you look at a dog leash. Problem, the dog kept running into the street. Solution, get a rope and tie around the neck. Problem, dog chewed through rope. Solution, use leather or something unchewable. Problem, how do we attach it? Solution, invent a dog collar. Problem, my dog chokes himself. Solution, invent a dog harness. Problem, my dog now pulls too much. Solution, invent a no pull dog harness.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Both come together.

For example, if you look at a dog leash. Problem, the dog kept running into the street. Solution, get a rope and tie around the neck. Problem, dog chewed through rope. Solution, use leather or something unchewable. Problem, how do we attach it? Solution, invent a dog collar. Problem, my dog chokes himself. Solution, invent a dog harness. Problem, my dog now pulls too much. Solution, invent a no pull dog harness.
Interesting evolution of events.

If you take 5 steps forward, is it a problem yet? Would the market respond to it?

You now have a no-pull dog harness that glows in the dark because that is one step forward.

What's next? And next?

Is it possible to be too innovative?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Both come together.

But first you had a market of dog owners.

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
Awesome. Thanks fellow fastlaners for clearing this up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.