• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

What books are you reading currently?

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by Sparky, Aug 30, 2007.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. ..Gilbert..

..Gilbert.. New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $6
    Hello there I am new here and the answer to your question..

I am currently reading these books;

* The Millionaire Fastlane - MJ DeMarco ( very insightful, motivational and inspiring to change your life. I got it as a present from my girlfriend and the moment I started reading it I didn't want to stop because many of the thing that were described about the slowlane I recognized and I started changing lanes right away.

* Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill ( A very inspiring and motivational book. )

* How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie ( not very far with this one yet but I believe that it will help me acquire the knowledge I need to develop myself on the subject talking to people.

* Lean Startup - Eric Ries ( just started reading this one )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nekoemon likes this.
  2. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Silver Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,152

my point is that we can only live to our current understanding of life

that's why people are not equal because some people are more advanced and some are lazy and have not yet done their homework

or they won't even do them at all.

there are only individuals on earth, not " equal people " . we are not robots .

at some point, the kybalion teaches that there are masters above the masses because they have done their homework

this is called evolution or spiritual alchemy

what i call " masters vs pawns" in my replies

anyway

i am reading old books about power

you can grab them for free ( they are public domain books )

International Association for the Preservation of Spiritualist and Occult Periodicals: The Standard Spiritualist and Occult Corpus (SSOC)

hellolin likes this.
  3. Sanj Modha

Sanj Modha Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,428
    How can it be super shallow and overwhelming at the same time? It's definitely a life-long resource like Rework and 4HWW for me.

Not all books were created equal and I understand that not everyone will enjoy Ferriss' writing style. But I'm big fan of his books, podcast and the fact that he knows some of the biggest hitters in major industries. His content is a no brainer for me.

4. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,836
    I am a fan too. Love the podcast and his other books were useful.

The reason I say shallow and overwhelming is because it hits you all the stuff without background.

It's like, do this this this and this oh and this oh and make sure you do this before that, then you can do this.

5. Sanj Modha

Rep Bank:
    $8,428
    This is why I generally don't recommend books. I'll tell you what I'm reading if you ask.

Books are very personal. Like movies or restaurant/food choices. One size doesn't fit all.

6. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,836
    Don't take it personally was just my opinion about the book you mentioned aka a conversation.

7. Sanj Modha

Rep Bank:
    $8,428
    For sure. I never take anything personal. It's a waste of time when I could be making money instead :)

8. Alexo

Alexo Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $111
    daru and GMSI7D like this.
  9. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Silver Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,152
    interesting.

what is the main lesson or philosophy of this guy ?

10. PeterCastle

PeterCastle Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,263
    Guys and girls, I just wanted to say that I'm about 80% through "Awaken the Giant Within" and I'm absolutely amazed! I knew almost nothing about Tony Robbins. I used to think he was just a motivational speaker. If you have not read this book, make this a priority! This book is a blueprint on how to completely understand yourself, and then change yourself.

I cannot recommend this book enough. There are exercises you must do if you really want to put the information to use to change the things about you that need changed if you are to succeed.

Nekoemon likes this.
  11. LateStarter

LateStarter Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,127
    Was finally ungated for Amazon so I'm reading "Ask me anything about eCommerce (2015+)" by @biophase :playful:

12. rogainer

rogainer 10 2 10 FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $696
    Steve Jobs biography

I like that he is obsessed with making the best everything. He focuses on details most ppl overlook or think are silly but those are the things that cause innovation

13. GastonEE

GastonEE New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $117
    As unoriginal as it sounds, I started to read through the Song of Ice and Fire series. Having a blast so far.

14. BeFound Faithful

BeFound Faithful Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $351
    2/3 through Unscripted

15. blackbrich

blackbrich Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $329
    Folks, This Ain't Normal: A Farmer's Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People, and a Better World

By Joel Salatin

Interesting read so far.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

16. TheFrancophile

TheFrancophile New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $66
    I've just begun reading The Unlimited Self : Destroy Limiting Beliefs, Uncover Inner Greatness... and Live the Good Life by Jonathan Heston. This is something that I personally must read because I'm attacked by limiting beliefs (that my mind produces) daily, and these are reinforced by some unsupportive people whom I will have to remove from my life.

This has especially been the case since I made, a week ago, the decision to quit my boring corporate job (where I work for a slave wage), go to another country (France) and try starting a new life there. Every day, all day, I have to combat limiting beliefs ("I will never find a reasonably-priced room to rent there", "I will never find a job there", "The French will never accept me into their society", etc.).

In parallel, I'm also reading Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich, which seems to be largely based on the same general concept (i.e. if you truly, sincerely believe that you can, and you work hard to achieve it, then you will; if you believe you can't, you won't achieve it). Note that Napoleon Hill wrote this book in 1937, just eight years after the outbreak of the Great Depression, which had ruined the US economy, cast 12 mn Americans into the ranks of the unemployed, wiped out people's life savings, and essentially destroyed the American people's hope for a better tomorrow. And yet, Napoleon Hill preached that yes, a better tomorrow IS possible !

Next on my list are How to Win Friends and Influence People and How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie and Donald Trump's Think Big and Make it Happen in Business and in Life.

Christopher777 and Nekoemon like this.
  17. Omerroz

Omerroz Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $121
    Currently reading: UNSCRIPTED
    Next in line: i'm not sure but i think i'm gonna read
    Deep Work

Christopher777 and daru like this.
  18. Paul Smith

Paul Smith New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $6
    Currently I am reading “No One's Business: A Migrant's Barefoot Journey to Millions” which is written by Vadim Turnacu. This book really awesome and I always love to read it. You can also buy this book from Amazon.

Christopher777 likes this.
  19. Sean Kaye

Sean Kaye Hopium Dealer Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,513
    I'm on my second go round with Unscripted. I like to read good books two or three times in short order.

After reading Unscripted a few weeks ago, I started in on Jen Sincero's "You Are A Badass". I had to stop about 1/4 of the way through because she started rambling on about "source energy", manifesting what you want and when she talked about creating a visionboard I wanted to kick a kitten.

I made a new rule for myself back in January, if I start a book and it sucks ass, I've given myself permission to stop reading it - previously I used to just push through and punish myself.

20. shanem56

shanem56 New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $22
    Just finished 2nd read through of Sell or Be Sold by Grant Cardone. Now I'm on The Closer's Survival Guide - By Grant Cardone
    about 30 mins of reading left on it. Going to read it a 2nd time back to back.

21. Christopher777

Christopher777 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,486
    I read fast now (50-100 pages a day or more, sometimes a book a day) since starting regular reading last year. I recently finished The Entrepreneur Revolution and Oversubcribed by Daniel Priestly. Extremely Highly recommended.

Right now i'm going through Daymond John's Power of Broke (it's a mindset, not a financial state) as well as High Status by Jason Capital. Once I reach my original goal of 100 books read (i'm on 88th) I'll post the list and a brief review for each of them.

One thing's for sure, I'll be constantly reading for life. Mind you, I'm the type that finishes what I start and religiously apply what I learn.

The benefits are immense.

22. MortimerFox

MortimerFox Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $369
    'Mastering Amazon Ads' by Brian D. Meeks.