The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are your MUST WATCH entrepreneur or business movies?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hope this thread isn't too old for a bump.....

Whoever suggested Flash of Genius, you're a genius. Brilliant movie!

Flash of Genius parallels my biggest business idea only my story ended differently (last time).

I'll be watching that again on the eve of some huge negotiations this week. Thanks for the reminder. Great film.

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
It's not a movie, but Kevin Nations' Youtube video entitled 'Zen of Flower Arranging' is by far the best business video I have ever, ever, ever seen. It only has 969 views on Youtube. The best things are often largely un-noticed. Doesn't mean they aren't the best. Often, wealth is very, very quiet.

TaxMan79

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Jan 25, 2016
It's not a movie, but Kevin Nations' Youtube video entitled 'Zen of Flower Arranging' is by far the best business video I have ever, ever, ever seen. It only has 969 views on Youtube. The best things are often largely un-noticed. Doesn't mean they aren't the best. Often, wealth is very, very quiet.

I just watched the video and it was surprisingly good. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
AMERICAN GANGSTER, BLOW, HUSTLE AND FLOW lol

wall street,

THe boiler Room

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
i say american gangster because on the outtakes dvd when they actually interviewed frank lucas, he stated the concepts he learned from napoleon hills books that he read. he also said he sat in a room and just thought and thought and made his plans come to reality (even though they were illicit) JUST THE PRINCIPLES

Hustle and FLow is a good one to teach us never to give up and to keep on grinding and selling and re-trying and re-vamping our talents

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
AMERICAN GANGSTER, BLOW, HUSTLE AND FLOW lol

wall street,

THe boiler Room

Cheat, steal, and hustle your way chasing money? I like American Gangster, Wall Street, and the Boiler Room as entertainment, but they're NOT inspirational for business unless you want to be a hooker, a crack dealer, or a thief.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Only one that hasn't been mentioned yet: October Sky, the somewhat sensationalized childhood story of DoD/NASA rocket scientist Homer Hickam. It's not about money, but the all-important process still comes through: Building shit prototype after shit prototype that blows up or crashes and burns and not giving up. Having no real mentors or guidance and having to figure out everything on your own. Going beyond what any of the adults in your life have experience with. Having to keep going to school even though your interests lie elsewhere, beyond the curriculum. Having to work a dead-end, soul-sucking job to fund the research. Parents who think you're insane and have to get the same kind of job they got to make anything of yourself. Getting into legal scrapes when your idea gets too big. It's fastlane gold and the boys never earn a single dollar (except scholarship money).

Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Cheat, steal, and hustle your way chasing money? I like American Gangster, Wall Street, and the Boiler Room as entertainment, but they're NOT inspirational for business unless you want to be a hooker, a crack dealer, or a thief.

hence i stated the prinicple. I am not advocating any of fastlane members to follow the likes of those individuals however the underlying thirst and hunger for achieving something is something we can all relate to.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Only one that hasn't been mentioned yet: October Sky, the somewhat sensationalized childhood story of DoD/NASA rocket scientist Homer Hickam. It's not about money, but the all-important process still comes through: Building shit prototype after shit prototype that blows up or crashes and burns and not giving up. Having no real mentors or guidance and having to figure out everything on your own. Going beyond what any of the adults in your life have experience with. Having to keep going to school even though you're interests lie elsewhere, beyond the curriculum. Having to work a dead-end, soul-sucking job to fund the research. Parents who think you're insane and have to get the same kind of job they got to make anything of yourself. Getting into legal scrapes when your idea gets too big. It's fastlane gold and the boys never earn a single dollar (except scholarship money).
will definitely check this one out.
thanks

Jazzcat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jan 3, 2013
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
Great movies already listed...I always look for documentaries...here are 3 I found useful...the lessons and insights of those who have walked the path are more valuable than any textbook/classroom lesson IMO:

The Call of the Entrepreneur...very different people from different corners of the globe with the same dream.

Something Ventured...ups and downs and opportunities...good venture capital insights here.

Startup.com...lots of "don't do this" lessons.

Bonus: Flash of Genius...this Hollywood movie production is a lesson in idea protection and the predators that are lying in wait to steal your production and work.

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
The Walk. It's not about business, but it's incredibly inspirational, will make you laugh, and keep you on the edge of your seat. One of my favourites now.

LoadsOfMoney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Sep 4, 2016
UK
1. Blade Runner - Worth watching for the Rutger Hauer speech at the end
2. Eat, Pray, Love - Makes you think WTF am I doing with my life
3. The Way - Another finding yourself sort of film

I also would have had Rocky, Office Space and Fight Club.

(Fight Club will make you think twice about ordering Clam Chowder)

The Peaceful Warrior is such a good book but I am a bit disappointed in the film because of the acting. Obviously not Nick Nolte as he is great as Socrates, but the character of Dan is wooden. Still worth watching though. I strongly recommend reading the book, it is one of my favourite motivational spiritual books.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I've changed mine to:

* Top Secret
* Margin Call
* Flash of Genius

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Usually biographies pump me up -
  1. The Aviator
  2. A Beautiful Mind
  3. Cinderella Man
When I watch biographies I feel like I should work so hard and make such a difference that a movie will be made about me.

Pumped up just reading the underlined. :cool:

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
My top:
- Wolf of wall street
- Poursuit of happiness
- Rocky's series
- LIMITLESS
- Bienvenue (Welcome) to GATTACA !!!

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Documentary about Jiro Ono, who is considered the greatest sushi chef in the world. He's the owner of Sukiyabashi Jiro which is the only Michelin 3-star sushi restaurant in the world. You'll be inspired by his intense focus on process and constant pursuit of perfection of his craft.

AlexCph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 24, 2016
Chiang Mai, Thailand
+1 on Pursuit of Happiness.

Great movie that shows that even with the odds against you, you can become successful and shows how much hard work and suffering it sometimes takes to get that far. Also based on a true story so it becomes even more awesome.

Motivationcity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 24, 2016
1. Pursuit of happyness
2. The Wolf of Wall Street
3. The Social Network

When I came into this thread I was thinking Pursuit of happyness and there it was : ). Perfect great job on the movie selection! These movie's are truly motivational and inspiring to me and I'm sure a lot of people.

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
I liked the "War Dogs" that was recently in the theaters. Kind of resonated with the whole "arbitrage" thing.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I'm looking forward to seeing what this is like:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My apologies, in my attempt to MERGE a bunch of threads on the same topic (entrepreneurial movies), I accidentally deleted two of them.

If you remember the thread that was started today regarding Entrepreneurial Movies, your post(s) were lost in the deletion. Please feel free to continue or repost in this thread, I labelled it as a chat as well.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I mentioned Money Ball was a good business movie even though it’s about baseball.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I mentioned Money Ball was a good business movie even though it’s about baseball.
Excellent business movie. A lot of similarities with Fastlane re probability hacking.

"BECAUSE HE GETS ON BASE!"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.