The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What 1 side hustle can I quickly start where in I can add value @35 y.o.?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

JunT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2023
Hi there,

I’m relatively new to this forum.

A quick profile on me, I’m working for the last 7+ years as a Financial Advisor here in the Philippines. I came across MJ’s book accidentally (The Millionaire Fastlane ) if I’m not mistaken I’ve read it once 2-3 months ago, I like the no B.S. approach MJ use in the book, especially the wealth creation equation concept.

Upon reading the book as I reflect upon my choices in career, education and financial choices in life, I’ve come to a conclusion that I have been doing it the wrong things.

While I dream to be a entrepreneur since I’ve graduated in college way back 2010, I have been working as a employee for the last 8+ yrs enumerated as follow:

1. Marketing Consultant / Part time lecturer (Computer school - 10 mos.)
2. Mortgage Advisor (Local Bank - 2 yrs.)
3. Sales officer (Local Bank - 4 mos.)
4. Account Manager (Telecom company - 1 yr.)
5. Financial advisor (Life Insurance - 7+ yrs.)

I’ve been grinding day in day out as a employee for the last 8+ yrs., however due to C0VlD-19 situation. I have encountered financial challenges that force me to debt amounting to $5,500.

As I compute my money in flow / money out flow it seems that what I’m currently doing will not help me attain my financial goals.

Let me break it down:

Money inflow: Active income
Current annual income: $5,500
current monthly income: $458.00
Sales incentive: Performance based

Money outflow:
Projected monthly expense: $936.00
Total debt : $5,500
Projected addt’l expenses: $3,700

Money variance: Income/Expense
: 458/936 = -48% Cashflow (-478.00)
outcome: -$470.00 per month.

Given my current circumstances I’ve been doing side commission gigs that has not yet materialized this 1st quarter of 2023, for that reason I may not be able to quantify it as of the moment since it’s a commission based income.

My current skillset are as follow:
- Business development, Sales management, Financial planning (7+ yrs.)
- Basic computer skills: Excel, Word
- Basic Financial trading (1yr)
- Basic copywriting (newbie)

if you where on my current financial situation, how might you solve this problem?
what side hustle can I do where I can generate $500-1,000 of cashflow (active income)?
should I add another job? Should I start a small service business?

how can I add more value with my current skills that I can start remotely?

I would highly appreciate your constructive feedback, so that I can evaluate a action plan that I can start immediately.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hi there,

A quick profile on me, I’m working for the last 7+ years as a Financial Advisor here in the Philippines. I came across MJ’s book accidentally (The Millionaire Fastlane ) if I’m not mistaken I’ve read it once 2-3 months ago, I like the no B.S. approach MJ use in the book, especially the wealth creation equation concept.

Upon reading the book as I reflect upon my choices in career, education and financial choices in life, I’ve come to a conclusion that I have been doing it the wrong things.

While I dream to be a entrepreneur since I’ve graduated in college way back 2010, I have been working as a employee for the last 8+ yrs enumerated as follow:

I’ve been grinding day in day out as a employee for the last 8+ yrs., however due to C0VlD-19 situation. I have encountered financial challenges that force me to debt amounting to $5,500.

As I compute my money in flow / money out flow it seems that what I’m currently doing will not help me attain my financial goals.

Let me break it down:

Money outflow:

Given my current circumstances I’ve been doing side commission gigs that has not yet materialized this 1st quarter of 2023, for that reason I may not be able to quantify it as of the moment since it’s a commission based income.

if you where on my current financial situation, how might you solve this problem?
what side hustle can I do where I can generate $500-1,000 of cashflow (active income)?

I would highly appreciate your constructive feedback, so that I can evaluate a action plan that I can start immediately.
In this forum everything you need, is written down several times. Invest some time and read!

Last edited:

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Make a tiktok..... offer free advice to people.

Those that want more, ask them to download your free ebook, in the ebook those that want specific advice, ask them to contact you on whatsapp and you'll gladly help them... for a fee.

Charge them according to the value you provide them.

Let the market tell you whatever problems they have, then its your job to help them solve those problems using your background and knowledge and ability to carry out research.

4gus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jan 18, 2023
- Make a good resume, get a North America phone number, find remote job there as sales, business development, phone support etc.
- Why your monthly expense is so high (double than your income)?! can you live cheaper on $300/month?
- Go check Shopee or Lazada, those are 2 major marketplace in your country right? Find products with good margin, sell well, and make sure you can get it directly from the factory.

Those ideas are to help you pay off your debt first. Feel free to DM me if you got questions.
Gus

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi there,

Let me break it down:

Money outflow:

Grow what you know?

The two radio interviews in my signature might help. Turn your phone sideways if you can't see signatures.

A

Anon3x156

Maybe start an online agency where you sell your services to other companies / small businesses?
Help them in their sales and marketing. Start a tiktok, a youtube channel and an instagram page for your business and release free useful content. Short form content is great for this. After gaining some audience, you can reach out to businesses, or they might reach out to you.

Also if you're after some quick cash, you might try flipping items.

e.g if you know how to repair a broken PS4, buy cheap broken PS4s, repair and resell them for a profit, if you don't know how to do it, there should be tons of tutorials online. This is just an example.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Hello @JunT and welcome aboard

Maybe start by doing something simple that sublime your current knowledge.

For examples you can learn the basic of photoshop, and then use infography templates to produce fast

And then you sell those visuals to companies who need it, by positionning you as a graphic designer specialized in the fields you mentionned above

This way you can add value to people but also to yourself by displaying your work and gaining expertise

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi there,

Let me break it down:

Money outflow:

Search for online freelancing jobs/remote jobs

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
Hi there,

Let me break it down:

Money outflow:

Here's a problem I ran into recently.

I was doing some copywriting for an Australian company back between 2021-2022. The boss had hired 10 or 12 employees from the Philippines.

The employees we found all came from BPOs.

The issue we kept running into was that BPOs had basically trained the employees that they weren't allowed to think for themselves. They were simply forced to adhere blindly to a process, whether or not it made sense. They had to follow a script exactly. They had to simply obey orders and do exactly what they were instructed to do. But this wasn't always the most efficient way to work. And it was demoralizing to the employees to be in an environment where they were robbed of the dignity of being allowed to contribute input into how things could be better.

As soon as we got a new employee in the door, we started to give them freedom to think, to make decisions, and to bring their personality and talents to work.

It usually took a few weeks, but the employees absolutely BLOSSOMED under the freedom to actually be the intelligent people they already were, rather than being treated like toddlers. It was almost like everyone went through a process of being like, "Wait, really? I'm actually allowed to think here? I'm actually being treated like a human for once?" And it took a while for each person for this to actually sink in.

In this way, the Australian company got some absolute ROCKSTAR employees for lower-than-local wages, and the Filipino staff got a much better work environment for higher-than-local wages.

I think there's a HUGE opportunity for a Filipino to create a "Better BPO" for companies to hire from, where companies can find high-caliber workers who don't have to go through that "deconstruction" process of discarding the unhelpful way they were trained by their BPO.

What if you could be the one to start something like that?

You wouldn't be hiring yourself out - you're just playing matchmaker between Western companies and people you know who would absolutely crush it. That way, you could keep your job and ramp this up at the same time.

Just a thought. Hope you figure out a really good solution for getting rid of this debt!

JunT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2023
Here's a problem I ran into recently.

I was doing some copywriting for an Australian company back between 2021-2022. The boss had hired 10 or 12 employees from the Philippines.

The employees we found all came from BPOs.

The issue we kept running into was that BPOs had basically trained the employees that they weren't allowed to think for themselves. They were simply forced to adhere blindly to a process, whether or not it made sense. They had to follow a script exactly. They had to simply obey orders and do exactly what they were instructed to do. But this wasn't always the most efficient way to work. And it was demoralizing to the employees to be in an environment where they were robbed of the dignity of being allowed to contribute input into how things could be better.

As soon as we got a new employee in the door, we started to give them freedom to think, to make decisions, and to bring their personality and talents to work.

It usually took a few weeks, but the employees absolutely BLOSSOMED under the freedom to actually be the intelligent people they already were, rather than being treated like toddlers. It was almost like everyone went through a process of being like, "Wait, really? I'm actually allowed to think here? I'm actually being treated like a human for once?" And it took a while for each person for this to actually sink in.

In this way, the Australian company got some absolute ROCKSTAR employees for lower-than-local wages, and the Filipino staff got a much better work environment for higher-than-local wages.

I think there's a HUGE opportunity for a Filipino to create a "Better BPO" for companies to hire from, where companies can find high-caliber workers who don't have to go through that "deconstruction" process of discarding the unhelpful way they were trained by their BPO.

What if you could be the one to start something like that?

You wouldn't be hiring yourself out - you're just playing matchmaker between Western companies and people you know who would absolutely crush it. That way, you could keep your job and ramp this up at the same time.

Just a thought. Hope you figure out a really good solution for getting rid of this debt!
Its like a startup HR agency that connects western employers to qualified Filipino employees right? That sounds something to look into given the wide supply of qualified workers in the PH.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.