The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Well... I'm officially a Millionaire

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
I hope his story is true as well, but without evidence there is 0 chance it's believed.

The one thing to note for everyone defending the notion of this being just a thread to celebrate and he isn't selling anything.

That is exactly how all of the folks that have been banned from the forum went about it too. Posting this isn't for rah-rah of the crowd, you may not be selling anything, but you damn well know it gains you influence. And influence is equivalent to cash for the person most patient. If proof is easy people vet themselves or get vetted, if you can't be bothered to dig up proof, then how are you bothered to post a thread telling everyone in the first place.

I hope Ryan can be successful if at that level or above, but he's been here long enough to know how it works if he is being honest. Glad this was moved out though, that way everyone can re-focus.

Great post.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Also, I don't think the Kid was bragging. This might be the only place he feels comfortable sharing. Or at least it was.

@ChasingPaper

LOL. Wasn't it Rich Kid who said I would never be successful?

LOL. Why didn't you tell me grumpy cat was rich kid? Damn... that dude has been hatin' on me since day one.

Anyway.

Carry on.

[HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]

LMFAO

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
f proof is easy people vet themselves or get vetted, if you can't be bothered to dig up proof, then how are you bothered to post a thread telling everyone in the first place.

Beyond that, for the forum generally, the assumption that being rich and having a sincere and altruistic desire to help others will dovetail in all instances is suspect anyway. Your garage can look like this:

porsche%20cars%20lamborghini%20ferrari%20ford%20mustang%20lamborghini%20diablo%20lamborghini%20gallardo%20aston%20martin%20garage_wallpaperswa.com_19.jpg

but if you're out to defraud people a few hundred bucks at a time, it hardly matters whether you're worth nine figures or nine dollars as far as the forum is concerned.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Beyond that, for the forum generally, the assumption that being rich and having a sincere and altruistic desire to help others will dovetail in all instances is suspect anyway. Your garage can look like this:

porsche%20cars%20lamborghini%20ferrari%20ford%20mustang%20lamborghini%20diablo%20lamborghini%20gallardo%20aston%20martin%20garage_wallpaperswa.com_19.jpg

but if you're out to defraud people a few hundred bucks at a time, it hardly matters whether you're worth nine figures or nine dollars as far as the forum is concerned.

I've been thinking about this, and about what Jordan Belfort did a lot lately. Thinking...if only he'd sold people things that helped them make money - he'd probably still be a billionaire, and people would love him too. He missed a lot of opportunity to make a hell of a positive impact in people's lives.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Post the whole list then, transparency right?! LOL

The forum missed the fact that none of the mods weighed in on this topic, through several pages. Not one comment from Allen, Andy, MJ or me.

While it is not impossible that the unvetted narrative that created so many fanboys (and fangirls) is true, if it is it should be gracing the covers of investment magazines and financial news stories nationwide. Hell, even just taking the last few months, and generating six figure returns on the presumed principle amount over the last several weeks, if true, would be a feat worthy of publication. It's a story people would love to read about... a real rags to riches story.

The gold designation is nebulous on this topic. I don't advocate a Reddit style assault on anyone's integrity, because I find their civility lacking and their envy at the root of many of their exposes. However, this poster has talked previously about his need to post here to collect the accolades that likes and forum speed generate - a psychological reward and esteem boost for those who seek it. That's never what we set out to do, and it gets some to troll specifically looking to create a persona here as a diversion from real life. I am not stating that is what Ryan did in this thread, but I am stating that is what he has admitted to previously. I hope for his sake that he has experienced the break through he hinted at. I say hinted at because nobody has validated that anyone knows what the hell he's talking about. There are pieces of the puzzle that just don't fit, but that is as far as I care to speculate on it. To each his own.

As Ryan himself has advocated in the past, challenge everything. MJ's narrative is one of public record. His history, his story, and his epic Jerry McGuire manifesto are flanked in verifiable, vetted information. Many of the people here have many people that can speak first hand about the authenticity of their character, their business, and their stories. That's what continues to make this place awesome.

My story? 90+% of it is public and out there in history, researchable and vettable. The other 10% that would be current would be vouched for by people that have seen various parts of the "bat cave." When I post about the loss of a business, you can find the remnants of it if you want to go look for it. When I talk about the milestones, the fall from the mountain, the climb back up, and the war scars, you can see my scars if you want to. I think transparency and authenticity go somewhat hand in hand. Most of my "wealth" is on paper (meaning, it is tied up within the assets of my businesses), not in the bank. It still needs to convert. There are several zero's attached, but not liquid. It still needs an exit event. I have been here before, and lost it all. It made me stronger.

Ryan has a self described need for the accolades. He's left a decent trail for people to follow, and I hope that part of his legacy here outshines any of the drama. I think he will be back in a year or two, if history repeats itself. I wish nothing more for him to fly in on his G6 to a summit a few years from now, drop a couple of knowledge bombs, and buy a couple of rounds. However, that is not his style. He's more likely to bike in with nothing more than a knap sack on his back, mooch a hotel room, and sit in the back of the room --- regardless of how much money he has on that given day.

And you know what? Nobody but gold diggers care about the zeros in your bank account. My most venomous responses on the forum are reserved for anyone that uses that as a litmus test. Ryan is a great example of someone that didn't need to show us his bank account statements in order for his posts to be of value. If you are here because you are wanting a treasure map dolled out by millionaires, you're missing the wisdom contained within the pages within. Some of the best wisdom comes in from people in the trenches --- millionaires in the making. If you look past them because you are looking for the "answers" and think they only come from someone that meets your litmus test, you are not asking the right questions.

Ryan didn't need to post this. Ryan didn't need to prove anything. And Ryan didn't need to leave. But that's Ryan. And if history repeats itself, he'll be back a few years wiser, a few dollars richer, and with a litany of interesting and true stories about his adventures, his misadventures, and his observations. And I will enjoy reading his stories and looking at life through his eyes again on that day.

And this is my final post on this chapter until we see him again.

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
My most venomous responses on the forum are reserved for anyone that uses that as a litmus test.

Some of us don't use money or wealth as a litmus test... We use lying as a litmus test. If you say you're a millionaire and you're unable to prove it then you're suspicious of being untruthful... Which puts everything else you do into question.

This isn't a question of who has the most zeroes in their account. It's a question of integrity - who is saying or implying they have the zeroes when they don't..?

IMHO Ryan ruined the credibility and value of his posts by throwing his integrity into question.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
When I become officially a millionaire or shall we say financially comfortable I'm going to provide as much information as possible on how I did it.

I will also provide any verication or proof as necessary.

The reason I will do this are for two reasons. Firstly to help others as much as I can with the knowledge and experience I have gained from the process. Secondly by providing proof of said income I hope it will act as a motivation to others.

Everyone is different however but thats just me.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
@ChasingPaper

LOL. Wasn't it Rich Kid who said I would never be successful?

LOL. Why didn't you tell me grumpy cat was rich kid? Damn... that dude has been hatin' on me since day one.

Anyway.

Carry on.

[HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]

LMFAO

Interesting reply.

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
Ohh grumypcat is richkid? I think I hooked you up with some ebooks back in the day!! Looks like they paid off, good to hear!!

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
Unfortunately, I think there are some other issues going on here which I hope he addresses at some point in his life.
I've begun thinking about this from a different perspective now, I actually hope the dude is OK, regardless of his financial standing.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Came back to this thread to see the drama that accumulated.

Wasn't disappointed.

I can feel the envy coming off of the users who wanted "validation" a mile away.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I wish his stroy was true, but if there is no concrete proof , its kinda hard to believe...
However, a nice read though while sitting at my slowlane job :D

Welcome to the forum! Make YOUR story legendary. When you have a chance, stop by the introductions area and drop in a post of introduction. Glad you are here.

ThinkDifferent

Banned
Read Fastlane!
Oct 1, 2015
Amsterdam
One thing that I have never understood is why so many people lie. It's so weird to me.

You lie and hear someone say "hey good job" but you KNOW its not true..? So why do it.

Its also in Chess tournaments, some people use computers to win.... But they themselves will for always know that they didnt really win...? So why do it. Its so strange to me and I just dont get it.

But maybe because I have such high goals for myself and am always very honest to myself, I am very proud of my achievements. Kinda helps me sustain my self confidence. Maybe it would be easier to just lie and get some type of fake recognition. No idea.

D

DeletedUser396

One thing that I have never understood is why so many people lie. It's so weird to me.

You lie and hear someone say "hey good job" but you KNOW its not true..? So why do it.

Its also in Chess tournaments, some people use computers to win.... But they themselves will for always know that they didnt really win...? So why do it. Its so strange to me and I just dont get it.

But maybe because I have such high goals for myself and am always very honest to myself, I am very proud of my achievements. Kinda helps me sustain my self confidence. Maybe it would be easier to just lie and get some type of fake recognition. No idea.
People are afraid of being themselves.
Nobody is giving them permission.
Little do they know they don't need any.

snappyhappy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 3, 2015
For anyone interested in high quality information from a success story in their 20's, you might find this interesting:

http://hive.org/20s/

IIRC, Ryan Allis founded iContact at 21, and was an entrepreneur at age 15. He put together a great list of life lessons in a super long powerpoint. His multi-million dollar exit from iContact can be easily verified.

Thanks for sharing this! A very inspiring read, exactly what I needed right now. It's a good way to look at the struggling/setback stage of early entrepreneurship; Instead of getting frustrated, understanding that you're learning a lot but also developing the important ability to persevere.

Richie_Sage

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 31, 2015
Congrats man!

Way to go! It's just fascinating to see how compound interest in its ' mysterious ways ' works... ;D 7 years. You've earned it.

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Hesitant to post this for obvious reasons, but I intend to distance myself from my former persona/life anyway so what's the difference.

I joined the forum 7 years ago at the age of 15. In that time 100s of faceless people have come and gone. 99% of whom have gone back to their mediocre lives to do mediocre things. They will all be forgotten, and already have been. They gave up when it got too hard. Thankfully I never gave up the fight. And neither have you.

Heck, I even thanked MJ directly in my highschool yearbook quote, and a few other big time fastlaners from back in the early days. Thank you teachers, faculty and peers? Nah bro, thank you PhxMJ and company. (that was his old username.. and it will forever be engraved in that book).

Didn't know what the hell I was doing for the most part. I was hooked on Trump's Apprentice and Kiyosaki's books. That was my intro to business 101. It took me 7 years to figure this shit out.

I'm 23 now. I don't have to answer to anyone, or punch a clock, or do anything that I don't want to do.

Fight for your dreams. Turn off the TV NOW, not tomorrow. Do something every day to get you closer to your goals. You get one shot at life. Make it count.

Society creates so many things to distract you from where you want to be. They make you watch rich grown men play ball games, and they tell you you need to buy product xyz in order to have a life worth living. If you aren't where you want to be in life, that garbage is doing nothing but holding you back. F*ck all the noise.

There is no wisdom in the crowd.

Fight, fight, FIGHT. Get it.

Time for a new chapter to be written. :)

I wish the best of success to everyone here. It's out there.. you just gotta seize it.

*removing pic proof due to creepy PMs.* It has been posted (and so has been proven). Can resend proof to mods if needed*

What did you do to make your fortune?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited by a moderator:

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Yeah that's on the 7th page. I didn't make it past the first page. Just wanted to know what the dude did to make a million bucks thinking that maybe some advice is applicable to me.

So, this is an awesome lesson in itself.

You didn't want to put in the time.

You just wanted the executive summary. The short cut. The road map.

There isn't one. In this thread, or elsewhere.

Your question wasn't "advice for you." It was "how did you get rich?" That's not advice. That's seeking a treasure map.

So now go back and read through the pages.

Because there IS advice in the thread that is applicable to you.

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
So, this is an awesome lesson in itself.

You didn't want to put in the time.

You just wanted the executive summary. The short cut. The road map.

There isn't one. In this thread, or elsewhere.

Your question wasn't "advice for you." It was "how did you get rich?" That's not advice. That's seeking a treasure map.

So now go back and read through the pages.

Because there IS advice in the thread that is applicable to you.

I appreciate the reply and the intent behind it but the truth is.. I wasn't that interested in finding out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.