You talked about payments. I have all my rents due on the 1st of each month. And I have a late charge that kicks in after the 5th of each month. I have several tenants who have problems getting to town to go to their bank. I offer all tenants the service to do an auto draw on the 5th of each month, or the next banking day if the 5th falls on a weekend or holiday. If they want to pay in person, they can come see me at my office, or I have a drop safe at my Laundromat here on the property where they can drop their rent. I check that safe each day.I was on a family holiday last week. I brought a laptop and was able to chip away at client work. Client's didn't even know I was on holiday, and shouldn't need to.
This week I just want to get back into the swing of things.
Some of the new drainage clients haven't paid their last invoice. I need to switch it to take automatic payments and not just send the invoice automatically.
And I'll switch it so everyone pays on the 1st of the month instead of at random dates throughout the month. Or maybe I'll just do that for all new clients.
I feel I'm done with LinkedIn. Posts get barely any impressions at the moment, and the feed is awful. I check in and out to see if I've any new messages, and to accept connection requests. I'll post once in a while if I notice anything in client accounts that I think people might learn from.
Other than that, for August I'll focus on serving existing clients better and better, and start little forays into how to attract more clients, starting with asking our happiest clients.
We still haven't rolled out 1,000s of landing pages for clients, so will see if we can get that live soon.
When I get a new tenant, I collect the full month's rent when they move in. I prorate their second month, and I write that agreed amount right in their rental agreement.
I don't have to remember when each person's rent is due. It makes my life easier. That's important since I'm managing a lot of people living in rental units here.
I've automated as much of this management job as possible. The forms I regularly use are partly filled out and are available in my "user box" in my big multi-functional printer/copier machine. I have them saved individually and grouped in packets. I also have a binder where I store forms and packets, which are printed, stored in plastic sleeves, and ready for use when vetted tenants come in to sign their paperwork. I have a process for handling and storing all of the paperwork and completing the different steps.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?


