The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Meetup Accountability Call Megathread

matteblack

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 1, 2023
India
This is a private tight knight group. You are only allowed access if u u you are serious about business and entrepreneurship.
Black friday offer​
There is a lifetime deal currently going on and you only have to pay $6799.99689
the offer is only available for the next 1 hours and 15 seconds so decide fast
The payment has to be made to ---
I`m kidding@paypalsucks,com

I am just kidding @ttblue there is no payment ,this is an open call available to anyone ,link will be shared you can just join in declare your accountability goals . Talk with amazing entrepreneur and enjoy life .yay!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ttblue

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Nov 8, 2023
This is a private tight knight group. You are only allowed access if u u you are serious about business and entrepreneurship.
Black friday offer​
There is a lifetime deal currently going on and you only have to pay $6799.99689
the offer is only available for the next 1 hours and 15 seconds so decide fast
The payment has to be made to ---
I`m kidding@paypalsucks,com

I am just kidding @ttblue there is no payment ,this is an open call available to anyone ,link will be shared you can just join in declare your accountability goals . Talk with amazing entrepreneur and enjoy life .yay!
Hahah awesome thanks @matteblack ! :) I'll keep a lookout and try to join the next one!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Darwin Diaz join this call until you build a local group

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
These are the most important tasks people will be doing next week.

@marchioness - write 5 Articles and improve at web design
@charlemagne - Go through the two courses and build the wireframe
@tactfully - create a prototype
@Mikkel - make storyboard, get shopify store up,
@Spenny - tons of tiktok content, clear plastic version of his product, keep grinding to keep up with orders and get back stock
@Rhaigo - keep up with mental and physical health
@ZackerySprague - survive, 9-5 and get a full time contract, get more free time, SEO
I am focusing on getting good grades and I will start running ads and delegate handing out flyers to friends.
are you meeting for a beer to shoot the shit or is this an ACCOUNTABILITY call?????
where is the progress?
where are the actual clear specific measurable actionable realistic and timely (smart) plana for the week?
the specific 'i will get x done to improve y by z date' accountability items for EACH week?

i APPRECIATE greatly that you guys are meeting up regularly. that was the first step.
NOW, let's actually DO something and ACCOMPLISH something.
No growth = death

-----
But @ZCP , i don't know what to put..... let's rewrite the first two

i will write 5 new articles of at least ___ words about _____ topic by _____ date and time. AND i will complete ___ tutorials from _____ website / training academy with an 85% or better score by _____ date and time.

i will review the two courses and their layout and construction comparing them to ______ as a test case and will use _____ software to create a clear wireframe that i can handoff to a VA to do _______ and i will have it done by ______ day and time.

make sense?

NOW, each of you rewrite your SMART goals for the week. THEN hold each other to them (like don't do it = senf $50 to everyone that was on the call).

@marchioness @charlemagne @tactfully @Mikkel @Spenny @Rhaigo @ZackerySprague @Subsonic

I LOVE that you are meeting. Make it EFFECTIVE!

marchioness

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 15, 2023
Fair enough, @ZCP . Let me start:
Goal number 1 - I will complete the first 5 sections of the course that I enrolled in at Udemy ("The HTML & CSS Bootcamp 2023 Edition") by next Saturday (18.11.2023), including the 3 assignments. The sections are: Introduction (done), HTML Basics, More HTML, Working with forms & Other elements - approximately 4h and 30 minutes of lectures + the extra time for the assignments.
Goal Number 2 - Incorporate at least 5 things that I've learned in the course on my website by next Saturday (18.11.2023). I would like to mention that it will suffer a complete "makeover" since I plan to use it for selling my product, not teaching or writing articles.
In order to make the most of the future calls, I will write my goals like this in the meeting's chat box, so @Subsonic can easily manage them (just copy/paste).
I also have a proposition regarding the accountability calls. Use the first hour of the meeting for everyone to enumerate their tasks for the next week / talk about what they managed in the past week and perhaps have an additional call for discussions or people who need help / want to elaborate. Tell me what you guys think.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
are you meeting for a beer to shoot the shit or is this an ACCOUNTABILITY call?????
where is the progress?
where are the actual clear specific measurable actionable realistic and timely (smart) plana for the week?
the specific 'i will get x done to improve y by z date' accountability items for EACH week?

i APPRECIATE greatly that you guys are meeting up regularly. that was the first step.
No growth = death

-----

i will write 5 new articles of at least ___ words about _____ topic by _____ date and time. AND i will complete ___ tutorials from _____ website / training academy with an 85% or better score by _____ date and time.

i will review the two courses and their layout and construction comparing them to ______ as a test case and will use _____ software to create a clear wireframe that i can handoff to a VA to do _______ and i will have it done by ______ day and time.

make sense?

NOW, each of you rewrite your SMART goals for the week. THEN hold each other to them (like don't do it = senf $50 to everyone that was on the call).

@marchioness @charlemagne @tactfully @Mikkel @Spenny @Rhaigo @ZackerySprague @Subsonic

Hey man, just wanted to thank you for holding us to a high standard and helping us to move forward.

I'll do my best to not let your advice go to waste.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Goal One: I will complete my storyboard for my marketing material by Tuesday, the storyboard will have 4 separate sections that will detail how the video of the prototype will be presented on camera. On Tuesday, I will review the storyboard with my coach for feedback and make the needed edits so all the marketing material is ready to go.

Goal Two: I will take 2 sample products, and take photos for the website. I will set up the payment system for Shopify. This week, I will implement the Facebook Pixel into my Shopify store(I have to learn how to do this). There will be other smaller steps that I will learn. Ultimately, I want my site READY to put up FB ads, though I will need to learn how to even make a FB ad.

charlemagne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 28, 2023
where is the progress?

No growth = death

-----

make sense?

Will complete HTML/CSS on code academy courses by Friday @9PM. Will create wireframe for GoodTaco and send it off for biz owner review by Sunday, 6pm. Thanks for the push.

NeverHaveIEther

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 3, 2023
Howdy y'all!

I missed the Saturday call as I had a guest in town visiting. Last week I did not get to the email automations - I realized I do not have the framework in place to do so. I.e pictures, and articles. So I have been learning GIMP (A free open source photoshop alternative. 100% reccommend, its been great.) Accomplishments include: Placing the largest order to date with my supplier. Creating a balance sheet for my business, inventory list. Cold calling and setting up a lunch meeting with a Real estate investor in my area. Taking notes from several marketing class/seminars on youtube.

This Weeks Goals

• Have a complete marketing strategy and exit strategy by Thursday. The marketing stratgey will lay the framework for setting up advertising goals and increasing sales with a revenue goal to sell the business.
  • Completing photo editing for my product guides and user manuals by Wenesday. Many of these photos will also be implemented in an ad campaign.
  • Having lunch with the investor - The goal of this meeting is to learn about his beliefs, knowledge, and character. (He owns 162 mobile homes). Based off the impression I receive I would like to figure out problems in his business. Ask him to be a mentor, and discover any investment opprotunities we could partner on.
  • Read chapter 2 of "Influence" and take notes.
  • Create a list of my business monthly expeneses and figure out what can be cut to decrease overhead.
  • Find my profit margin % for the business as currently that is unclear. Its in the green, but how green?
Cheers,
Michael

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Fastlane Call
Saturday, Nov 18 • 18:00 – 19:00 Berlin Timezone
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: Meet

Hey, here we go with the next one. I have not gotten anything done I said I was going to do so far.
Yet, for me and everyone else, there is still the next half of the week left.

Let's get this !

@MJ DeMarco

matteblack

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 1, 2023
India
@Subsonic Shall we try jitsi meet this time rather than google meet
There is no time limit upto 100 participants .it is free and open source
It is available on all platforms as well
(This is not the meet link, it is their site)
Sent from apple vision pro using tapatalk

Last edited:

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hey everyone, call starting in 15 minutes.

Looking forward to hearing from yall.

tenacity

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 16, 2021
UK
I'm not participating today and won't be for the foreseeable future because, quite honestly, I need to get my life together and get more organized. I have a lot going on and a lot of it isn't business related. Moreover, although the accountability element hasn’t particularly helped, the people and conversations helped me with a rough patch I was going through. All in all, it was great to meet everyone, talk, and hear about the experiences, lessons, and accountability that each person has, over the past few weeks. I've picked up some stuff and tried to help with what I know. Hopefully, it's been useful to some of you!

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
survive, 9-5, and get a full-time contract, get more free time, SEO

Here is the status of my goals above:
1. Schedule -> WORKING
I have a schedule link HERE from my past job

2. Contract to Full-Time -> WORKING
-Team members stated that there is a 95% chance that the contract will convert. Most of the time 90 Day contracts are a "Probation" period in which they evaluate your work ethic and team. 3 Senior Techs, 3 Regular technician's. However, I am still on my toes until it converts. I'll have to find another contract soon.

3. Web Design & SEO
-Create an email sequence based on a PDF I bought last year "7-Figure Sales Process" by Joey Glikey. The idea is to send emails using OutplayHQ.com (A sales engagement tool).
-In order to perform sales calls it will either be after my job after 5:00pm by going to a Coffee shop, or during lunch in my car.
-Hire a Virtual Assistant to perform prospecting, while I enter them into a sequence.
-For now, cold prospecting is what I'll be doing until I create the effect again for referrals.

My current basic living expenses are $2,200. If I can get 3 clients @$1,000 dollars each or 6 @ $500 dollars each. I can free up some time. But based on Michael Janda's "Preparing for Full-Time Freelance." It was recommended to have 3-months to 6-months of savings before evening going Full-Time freelance. And that calculation was between $6k-$13k.

Didn't work on much of anything yesterday as I slept when I got home.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Fastlane Call
Saturday, Nov 18 • 18:00 – 19:00 Berlin Timezone
Google Meet joining info

Hey, here we go with the next one. I have not gotten anything done I said I was going to do so far.
Yet, for me and everyone else, there is still the next half of the week left.

Let's get this !

@MJ DeMarco
Often, tasks don't get done after meetings, they get done before meetings.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
One major thing that is missing on these calls are reviewing what you have already done about your last week goals.

See the whole point is to move the actual needle and achieve the destination as fast and Efficient as possible.

What we are doing here is just mentioning our goals.

Lets try to first be accountable about what was committed last week and how much is done already.

Also, ZCP mentioned about SMART goals. I will recommend to read little more about it and then create your goals.

Also, remember MJ 10/5/1 year goal setting?
Break your 1 year goals in 12 months. Create next month goal.
Now create a step by step weekly goals to achieve your monthly goals.

Try to hit 70% of your monthly goals.

That's how you progress in life and in your goals.

marchioness

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 15, 2023
Hello everyone. This is how I stand so far:
Last week's tasks:
Task 1 - Udemy course - I completed 3 sections 1/2 out of 5. I finished 2 assignments out of 3.
Task 2 - My website - I applied everything I've learned so far on my website. I played around with the new concepts.
Tasks for next week
Task 1 - Udemy course - Finish the 1 1/2 section that I haven't finished this week (plus the remaining assignment). Start the next 5 sections, with their respective tasks. I will basically finish the HTML section and dive into CSS.
Task 2 - My website - Start working on the "skeleton" of the website - write down in a document the content of the pages.
Have a great week!

BusinessValue

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 17, 2023
Finished making my progress thread with my goals that I want to complete by next week here (Not this week for the accountability call but gone quite a lot. OH - almost forgot to mention 2 things:
1) I'm Isaias from the weekly accountability calls so you know who this account is and
2) When we make our weekly goals that lead to our long-term goals that @ZCP mentioned in the post above, we can use the S.M.A.R.T.E.R goal setting method by @MJ DeMarco himself which is in the Goalsumo article. Read through it, make your goals, and execute it!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and enjoy your day!
where is the progress?

No growth = death

-----

make sense?

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Fastlane Call 25.11.
Friday, 24 November · 7:00 – 8:30pm
Time zone: Europe/Berlin
Google Meet joining info

Last stretch of the week everyone, let's get our things done.

@MJ DeMarco

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India

BusinessValue

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 17, 2023
Hey, is the call still happening today?
I'm trying to get in the call as well and it doesn't seem to be letting me in. I'm on the waiting screen for someone to let me in, but it doesn't seem to be working. Or no one is on the call yet.

marchioness

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 15, 2023
Hi guys! I think he meant 7.30 - 8.30 for the call. I was also waiting to be allowed in but it didn't happen.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.