The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress Thread] My Personal Life & Business Journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

BusinessValue

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 17, 2023
Happy thanksgiving to everyone celebrating it!

Week 1 Progress Thread:
This might seem weird to start a progress thread on Thanksgiving, but just because it's a holiday, doesn't mean the journey takes a break as well - it's continuous progress everyday. I wanted to make this to show where I've been since my last post and where I want to go. Currently my family just moved to an apartment (Thank God!), which am very thankful for, especially if you know what I've been through from my post introduction (If you want to read here). I'm also in high school and getting caught up from the classes that I've missed in the past years, and working on my diaper business, right now i'm working still on making a better improvement of my 1st iteration of the prototype and learning about the industry. I will use this forum to add value, make connections, learn from others, and all us on this forum to build amazing, value providing businesses. I'm still unsure of the process of making a product business, but will learn from this forum and update this progress thread about every week to hold myself accountable through the journey as well.

My 3 Most Important Goals That will MOVE The Needle To Complete By Next Thursday Are:
1) Finish Reading Unscripted - (Currently reading on kindle and on page 593/936, so 343 pages to go = 49 Pages to read daily)

2) Finish my Spanish classes for APEX - (This is the classes that I missed for the past years and currently on Spanish, so will need to finish this for school to graduate)
3) Research about the diaper industry and researching to build a better diaper prototype - (This is the one am most struggling with, learning how to build a better prototype and learning about the industry and market of my product, but I WILL learn and overcome that fear I have inside me of taking this big step)

I still have other goals I want to complete by next week, but these are the Top 3 that NEED to get done in order to vastly move forward to my dreams. Thanks you for reading and if you have any advice (Especially about the 3rd goal, I'm pretty confused on a lot of things and learning to build the business) I will read and reply back to it.

Thank you and have an amazing Thanksgiving!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BusinessValue

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 17, 2023
Progress Thread Update - Week 3 (12/11/23)
Hello everyone, it has been a while since I made my progress thread and in need of updating. For the goals that I set myself up 2 weeks ago I hit 2/3 goals and currently still working on #3:

My goals for the past week completion:
1) Read Unscripted book - I'm still currently reading it and on page 800/936 on my kindle, so I will continue to read it this week and get started on The Great Rat Race Escape
2) Get APEX Spanish classes done - I got my Spanish classes done, but was assigned by final 3 classes to complete but have to finish by this Thursday before Christmas break or else I won't be on track to graduating from high school, so that HAS to get done
3) Research Diaper Market, Customers, Industry, etc. - Although I had done a good amount of research, there is a lot I still need to learn about and the materials and add-ons am looking to put in the diaper that I'm working on to make it the right, high-quality diaper am looking to make, so will still need more time on this

I also decided to update this every 2 weeks so I can allocate my time and efforts all in, and then update this to add my results. The goals that I have for the next 2 weeks are:
1) Finish Unscripted by the 16th -
and then get started on reading the Great Rat Race
2) Finish my APEX classes by the 14th
to be on track to graduate high school
3) Finish up Diaper research for materials and add-ons/"Features" to add & asking teachers at school for help on getting these materials
4) Have another better version of my diaper prototype with implementation of Inventor Call Notes I jotted down - Thank You @Spenny & @Mikkel for the talk and advice!

I would like to add more goals, but few goals that
actually move the needle are better than 10 goals that don't do anything, so I can focus on what's important, instead of what is not. Any advice or feedback (Even harsh or Criticizing) is appreciated and will be replying back, thank you and have a great day!

BusinessValue

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 17, 2023
Progress Thread Update - Week 5 (1/1/2024)
Hello again, this is the 5th week of my progress thread of my life in general and for my business that I'm working on. I haven't been very consistent on my goals these past two weeks but getting back on, RIGHT NOW! Currently I decided to continue working on another set (2 of them) of diaper prototypes, as I have already made 2, but they weren't the vision I wanted, so I'm making another. As for my goals I have done the following:

1) Finish Unscripted by the 16th - and then get started on reading the Great Rat Race - I'm 95% there to finishing and will also be reviewing my notes to implement and execute onto my life & business
2) Finish my APEX classes by the 14th to be on track to graduate high school - I have finished 1 class so far, but contacted my school to see how much time I have to complete them, and they said until March, I have time but will work to have this done already
3) Finish up Diaper research for materials and add-ons/"Features" to add & asking teachers at school for help on getting these materials - I haven't made my list of ideas and questions yet but will make it and send my teachers an email about it and in-person when I come back to school on January 8th.
4) Have another better version of my diaper prototype with implementation of Inventor Call Notes I jotted down - Thank You @Spenny & @Mikkel for the talk and advice! - I have made 2 so far that need testing and validation, but I'm currently making another with different items and materials too.

My goals for the next 2 weeks (1/14/23) to complete that moves me closer to my long-term goals are:
1) Research more about the process of building, iterating, and improving prototypes to be finalized and manufactured
2) Make 2 more diaper prototypes and have them tested on my siblings; then observe and improve again
3) Work on finishing the 2nd APEX class for school
4) Be more active on FLF, add more value, and add value to people
5) Continue researching and validating the product for deficiencies, problems, needs, wants, etc. to determine if my diaper is
viable and worth it to be made and brought to the market

These are the main 5 that will
vastly move the needle to my goals. Although I get a feeling of fear and a pain in my stomach when I have to do something hard, uncomfortable, or that I may not know, I will do it, because it's an opportunity & privilege to grow as a human. Thank you and have a great day!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.