The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web 3.0 (Ethereum) is happening, and most people have no idea what it even is.

Jose L. Nimmons

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Jul 31, 2017
Tempe, AZ
What do you guys think about China news?
I think China will likely reinstate token sales, but will require licenses and/or approval processes for all organizations. Tokens will no longer be used as a technical layer that can enable regulatory arbitrage; an organization will likely have to abide by traditional regulations for the substantive use of the tokens.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hyrum

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Jul 5, 2016
Nebraska
My wife just sent me a text with an article on the ICO ban... along with a middle finger emoji for "making her know what bitcoins and shit like that are" and "F*cking a, I shouldn't know what cryptocurrencies are".

Maybe I've been talking about it / reading about it at home a bit much. :playful:

That being said, I'm going to buy up some ETH, because it's going to come back up. I've been looking at some ICO's and will probably invest in a few before the end of the year. I don't expect this to be an income replacing activity, just something to get used to the market. I missed out big on BTC (I remember being offered 100 BTC for $20 or something like that and passed), but I think there is plenty of room for the market to grow.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Haha, not mine as first disclaimer but someone just paid .266 ETH for .001 MTH on etherdelta, careful with your decimal points when placing orders [emoji23]
Posted on the inside but figured I would share here as well for safety sake.
9bee069100d6f94027b98900f7200d55.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ColbyG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 19, 2017
Newcastle, Australia
Since I first read this thread a month or so ago, I've been doing plenty of research into the crypto/blockchain world and boy has it opened up my eyes. The possibilities are truly astounding.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the cryptos that allow you to spend other coins, like Tenx. I think that's a huge barrier for people right now. They say, but you can't even spend bitcoins if you wanted to. If a company makes cryptos spendable anywhere it could be huge for the industry.

ColbyG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 19, 2017
Newcastle, Australia
TenX is at the top of my list for high expectations -- despite the price jumping 7x since the ICO, I haven't sold any. As of right now, this is my "big bet" in this industry...
Well its reassuring to hear that someone that knows a hell of a lot more than me agrees. Did you get in at the ICO?

Along similar lines I feel like OMG has big potential, especially considering it already has a platform.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Since I first read this thread a month or so ago, I've been doing plenty of research into the crypto/blockchain world and boy has it opened up my eyes. The possibilities are truly astounding.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the cryptos that allow you to spend other coins, like Tenx. I think that's a huge barrier for people right now. They say, but you can't even spend bitcoins if you wanted to. If a company makes cryptos spendable anywhere it could be huge for the industry.
I own PAY (TenX) in my portfolio but probably not enough. It can and will be huge once they get America cards (expected Q4 this year) and should pop once they announce a new partner. (Rumors they are changing from visa to MasterCard) thier apps right now are very buggy and would put off a lot of users so hopefully thats next on thier list to fix.

bigbaby

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Sep 3, 2017
Dallas, Texas
I haven't look into this ICO much. Seems intriguing, but I just read over their site today a bit. And I don't plan on buying in on the ICO. But if you're interested in getting your first look at crypto with no money, you can sign up for their bounty campaign which awards tokens for social media shares on Facebook, Twitter or Bitcoin Talk. And you need an Ethereum wallet address.

**Note: This isn't an affiliate link or anything. I have no skin in this game other than signing up for the bounty and connecting my twitter account, just thought I'd share the opportunity. :)

PowerLedger Token Generation Event

stavedeve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 27, 2017
Minneapaolis
I'm going to make what may seem like an insane prediction.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit and any other "traditional" social media platform you can think of, are all going to be dead in the not too distant future. (I'd guesstimate 5 years maximum if you want me to be specific).

That is unless they move to blockchain technology too of course.
Facebook dead in 5 years? No way.

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Added more MTH, PAY, ETH, and LTC this weekend. Unfortunately the MTH and PAY were both pre dip but still bullish on them all. Will add more ETH if it drops below $300

baemes

Problem Solver
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 26, 2017
I think MTH will be a good short-term play -- they just announced a big partnership and I think they will get listed on a couple of the exchanges in the next 10-20 days.

And I love PAY long-term. I'm still stocking up, especially on yesterday's dip...

how will these crypto payment cards work when the market is so volatile? i'd probably hate myself if I bought a hamburger with my fancy ten x pay card and in a year those coins appreciate to 100k lol

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
how will these crypto payment cards work when the market is so volatile? i'd probably hate myself if I bought a hamburger with my fancy ten x pay card and in a year those coins appreciate to 100k lol
I think people want to use them to prove they can be used as a tangible currency and bring more mass market adoption and comfort. They want to pay at the register and then tell the cashier they just paid with bitcoin and create conversations, one of the reasons crypto is so exciting is that not enough people are truly aware of them and some of those who are think it is just play internet money and not a tangible asset. PAY makes your crypto tangible, brings conversation and awareness, and has cheaper processing fees than a standard credit card.
Yes you put some future appreciation at risk but at the benefit overall of the currency.

david.rutgos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 2, 2017
New York
If it's any indication, Monetha (MTH) had an ICO last week and the coins weren't tradeable until this morning. They opened 50% higher than the ICO price. So, as a first indication of the effects of the China regulation on alt coins, not too bad... Though I agree it's worth being more cautious after the news this weekend...

Any thoughts about Substratum.net? I like the idea of a decentralized web. Just wondering your thoughts on the subject. They are currently in the middle of an ICO until 9/14.

david.rutgos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 2, 2017
New York
I hadn't heard of them, but just looked at their whitepaper. Honestly, it's not very impressive. Short on product or implementation details -- not really clear on what they're planning to build. Without any detail about their design, how far along their product is, etc., there's really not anything very interesting there at this point.

Additionally, the team has little pedigree, so it's unlikely investors will take them very seriously. I'm not saying they're not awesome, they could be -- but I haven't seen anything that indicates they have any amazing talent. And the fact that they list no advisors on their site is a big red flag for me -- without representation in the industry, they aren't going to be very successful getting buzz for their product.

Just my $.02, but this isn't something I'd be interested in investing in based on the information I saw...

Thanks Jason! Really appreciate your feedback.

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Any thoughts about Substratum.net? I like the idea of a decentralized web. Just wondering your thoughts on the subject. They are currently in the middle of an ICO until 9/14.
If they have had ICO open for more than a few days and haven't sold out why not wait till they come public? The point of the ICO is to get in early at a discount and hope for a rise in price when it is on open market. If no urgency for buyers now then I doubt any urgency for buyers later.
Full disclosure I didn't look at the ICO at all other than seeing the date the ICO opened.

AG356

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
599%
Apr 19, 2015
If they have had ICO open for more than a few days and haven't sold out why not wait till they come public? The point of the ICO is to get in early at a discount and hope for a rise in price when it is on open market. If no urgency for buyers now then I doubt any urgency for buyers later.
Full disclosure I didn't look at the ICO at all other than seeing the date the ICO opened.

IIRC they refused to spend any money on advertising and fully relied on word by mouth propaganda. I joined their slack with a total of 49 members. Now they count nearly 3200 members.They were referred as one of the most promising ICOs in several occasions and made their way through a lot of different platforms like youtube, steemit, reddit and so on without spending a dime on advertising. I didn't particularly follow them but I everytime I do some research I'll come across news about them.

A big plus by participating in the ICO are the bonuses you can get depending on the point of time you get in. They also have a referral system which will get you and your referral +15% of the purchased tokens besides the current token bonus. As J stated a few pages before, you can get some neat bonuses if you're an early adopter (or if you're in a pool which contributes a high amount of $) and talk to the CEOs or any other team member about the project and ask them questions if you're seriously interested in it (. For my part, I came across it when it just started out and started chatting with their team which led to an increased bonus for me, which was nice.

I like the idea and concept, however I think they will have a hard time making it work within an acceptable time-span. I didn't invest that much so I am not always up-to-date on how far they have come.
Matter of fact with all the additional bonuses I got I could technically sell my tokens straight off when they hit the exchange and pocket 150% of my initial investment which is quite nice. Depending on the further development I will think about cashing out my initial invest and let the other tokens sit there as a lottery ticket. I'll decide when the time has come.

david.rutgos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 2, 2017
New York

From what I've seen so far, I'm not getting a good feeling that these guys can take this anywhere (at least not yet). So I'm with you guys in the wait and see mode. Looks like they are struggling with marketing. They really should get someone like Etherium's Vitalik as an advisor.

However, now that I have my eyes and ears open and am looking at different needs out there in the market... There maybe something very exciting in the works as the blockchain technology becomes more mainstream thanks to Bitcoin.

I definitely believe that as censorship continues to mount by Google (and other big companies that control the internet) as they demonetize youtube video's based on their political views and other censorship activities...

This can open up a huge opportunity as people realize that they are giving Google, Facebook, Twitter too much control over their business and profits. I believe there should be a big shift toward decentralized internet transactions for peer-to-peer networks using the blockchain as the infrastructure.

Anyway, keeping my ears to the ground. I believe a shift in power from a censored and controlled internet is going to happen in the near future.

ColbyG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 19, 2017
Newcastle, Australia
To the guys that have been doing this for way longer than me, does the market dip every weekend, or is that just something that has been happening recently? I was thinking it may have something to do with traditional investors not investing on the weekends.

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
To the guys that have been doing this for way longer than me, does the market dip every weekend, or is that just something that has been happening recently? I was thinking it may have something to do with traditional investors not investing on the weekends.
It appears weekends have more sell offs than other days which makes them great days to buy in if you are new ;) with crypto there isn't really a true reason you can point to for why anything happens but as long as it starts going back up within a few days everyone stays happy. I've taken some big swings since starting myself and am currently down about $1200 in unrealized losses but thats my fault for trying to catch falling prices and buying more too high when I thought they had stabilized... I did just buy more ETH at $294 to cost average down from some of my buys at $359, $323, and $305.

baemes

Problem Solver
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 26, 2017
i feel another dip is coming so I took profits on everything and converted into USD (tether)... i'll buy in again once theres a slight uptrend or a severe drop in prices

ColbyG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 19, 2017
Newcastle, Australia
I will sometimes sell some ETH on Friday and buy back on Sunday, and I've generally made money doing it, but there is no formal data behind my decision to do so...just my gut feeling for how things have been moving...

This is exactly what I was thinking of doing! I'll give it a go next weekend.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
whoa bitcoin still dropping, imagine that shit drops into affordable prices, ima buy some myself then!

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Who here thinks BTC and ETC will drop further in price?
my mom does, and she told me to check out bitcoin when it cost pennies and I didn't listen.
Now I'm listening but it's probably too late... I doubt it'll drop under 100 bucks.

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
I'm holding a fair amount of crypto across multiple coins right now and expect long term growth but it may be a month or two before I see any decent gains as I loaded up at the top before it dropped with the China news. I am all in and didn't leave any cash in my account to buy more on dips (other than the 7 day buy from coinbase). I'd suggest if you go in don't do it all at once and leave a bit of cash on the side fir buying a dip as they seem to happen regular enough to take advantage of.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
You can buy partial coins, so it's always affordable. If you want to invest $100, it doesn't matter if the per-coin price is $1 or $10,000. You're just buying a smaller portion of a coin.

Not saying you should (that's a personal decision and lots of people don't think crypto is a good long-term investment), but affordability shouldn't be the excuse...

there are also some coins that are worth under a dollar

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
You can buy partial coins, so it's always affordable. If you want to invest $100, it doesn't matter if the per-coin price is $1 or $10,000. You're just buying a smaller portion of a coin.

Not saying you should (that's a personal decision and lots of people don't think crypto is a good long-term investment), but affordability shouldn't be the excuse...

naw I meant if 1 whole bitcoin is 100 bucks

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
This is a cool map illustrating the decentralized bitcoin network worldwide

Global Bitcoin nodes distribution

Look at that map and then try to tell me "that has no value" (for those who think bitcoin has no intrinsic value)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As I've always been, I'm very bullish on ETH

Isn't this really though an investment in BitCoin? The prices seems to have a Beta of 1 and higher, high correlation. If BTC is down 10%, you can expect ETH to be down 10% or more.

Is BTC like buying the XLE ETF, while ETH is like buying Exxon Mobil, an XLE constituent? They are interlinked.

Basically I'm asking, will there ever be a time where BTC is down 10%, but ETH is up 10%?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.