The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! Web 3.0 (Ethereum) is happening, and most people have no idea what it even is.

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

karakoram

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Apr 9, 2011
I found Monero and Ripple to be better for moving money around. Lower fees and far faster confirmation than ETH, BTC, or LTC

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
That was a great explanation, thank you.

Quick clarification.

The value I am getting by adding liquid to the pool is interest, as it is a loan system, correct?

Another value I am getting is the ability to swap my coin for another coin.

Are these the main two value propositions for adding funds to the pool?

If we're talking about Uniswap, for example, you don't need to add to a liquidity pool (LP) in order to swap tokens. You can just make a trade at any time, from any token to any other token.

To ensure that there are tokens to swap, we need to make sure the liquidity pool has enough of both tokens to facilitate the exchange. So you can be a liquidity provider. As a liquidity provider, you lock your tokens into the pool, and get a percentage of the fees generated, based on how much you have in the pool.

Let's say you have 0.2% of the liquidity in a liquidity pool on Uniswap. If there are $1,000,000 in fees collected on a given day, you've made $2000 just for staking your tokens.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2015
Avoid Tron like COVID, that’s coming from a former fan of it.

See what they did to Steemit.com as evidence of why you definitely do not want anything to do with Justin Sun, I’m pretty sure it’s just a pipe dream/false project at this point

Mark_Entr

New Contributor
Aug 18, 2020
Middle East
Blockchain technology has been around since 2009. When most people think about blockchains, they think about bitcoin, a slow, expensive antiquated technology that is hard to scale, and is not innovating. Every now and again you will hear about bitcoin reaching new all time highs, yet nothing has really changed with the technology in years.

Then there are alt coins. Coins things like litecoin or dogecoin that are basically carbon copies of bitcoin, and coins like monero that are similar to bitcoin, but have a few extra bells and whistles.

There is one platform however that you will be hearing a lot more about in the future that is really going to change the way we do things. If you haven't heard about ethereum already, luckily you are hearing about it now. Ethereum is a programmable blockchain, and this makes it a very robust platform. Due to the blockchains ledger system, and ethereums programability, smart contracts are able to be created, along with a ton of other cool things.

What does this all mean? Trustless systems can be created that completely cut out middle men. Micropayments. Royalties paid for time listened to music or watching a video, etc etc.

There are thousands of developers in this space, and lots of big household business names are trying to implement the ethereum blockchain into their business. So what exactly is there for you to gain? Well you can become an investor or better yet, you can create distributed applications in this space, and reap the benefits that come along with it. I have made a lot of money in this space, and I believe it is going to continue to grow.
Are there any novel applications that are truly only enabled or substantially improved by blockchain ? ( the examples you mentioned like paying royalties for video or music are already being done by youtube & spotify, micropayments is already achieved by many companies, so what does blockchain really offer ? )

Mark_Entr

New Contributor
Aug 18, 2020
Middle East
I mean we already have good ol' fashioned stamp and letters, who's gonna use that "Email" thingie anyway

The jump from slow paper mail to email is huge, however, I don't see the value in changing your email to use the blockchain technology
1. what value do users get if current services switch to blockchain ?
2. any value to companies if they switch to blockchain ?
3. what are the novel applications only allowed by blockchain ?

Thanks.

Mark_Entr

New Contributor
Aug 18, 2020
Middle East
This efficient way is the blockchain
How is the blockchain more efficient ? from my understanding, it actually is a lot less efficient than using typical databases, but I believe their strength is the zero trust + full transparency + storing data so it can't be altered ( unless you do a 51% attack ).

CryptoCurt

Contributor
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
The jump from slow paper mail to email is huge, however, I don't see the value in changing your email to use the blockchain technology
1. what value do users get if current services switch to blockchain ?
2. any value to companies if they switch to blockchain ?
3. what are the novel applications only allowed by blockchain ?

Thanks.
Check out these Infos:

Blockchain is still in the pioneer-phase but many big companies have integrated it into their processes already.

In my view, we are now in the times where ebay was in the mid 90's.
Everyone who heard about it said "na, that won't work. auctions over the internet? never!"

Same is now with blockchain tech and also the whole crypto-space.

MarkSabier89

New Contributor
Mar 10, 2021
USA
Thank you for throwing a great idea, I will definitely study this topic, I just think about where to invest my money, but I definitely do not want to invest in bitcoins

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 8, 2014
Or just wait until Visa processes your payments over blockchain so you don't have to worry about all the weird scary techy stuff happening behind the scenes to make it all work. Either way, it's coming and you WILL use it.

Gradually, then suddenly...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2012
Not hit the peak of the bull run yet judging by the comments here :)

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
What time will course be in Hong Kong? It will be very late, at 1:00 AM HK time as the starting...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I am going to test this for a month and see how it goes... If anyone wants to join using Crypto...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom