The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Video] Google Ads Review - Laudromat

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A forum member has taken over management of a Google Ads account.

I looked over his shoulder at the account and pointed out what I'd change, and why.

What’s your takeaways?

View: https://youtu.be/42_O8EiNuZ0

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Youss

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jan 12, 2019
France
Thanks @Andy Black for sharing that video on the forum.

My takeaways:
  • If you have different keywords in the same adgroup, you're doing it wrong. Stick to the golden rule of 1 keyword per adgroup. Otherwise your campaign is a mess and it's almost impossible to analyze your results.
  • If you're offering different services, take the time to create different adgroups and ad. Ex. from the vid: People looking for a dry cleaning service near them won't probably get very excited if your ad tells them you're a laundromat service.
  • When it comes to locations, think like your customers. If they search services, shops etc. by zip code, then you should bid on keyword +service +zip for all the areas that you're targeting. To get that info, you can either go to your keywords section and find what search terms triggered clicks to your ad, or you can use the planner for your own service or close enough ones.
  • Not having negative keywords costs your campaign a ton. My own 2 cents: Start with the obvious ones like jobs, salary, studies and refine once you have enough volume by looking at the search terms which triggered your ads.
  • If you do geo-modified ads, don't let Google manage the locations you want included or excluded. Just trust the keywords you chose. Ex. from the vid: If someone in Texas searches for "laundry service in Bronx" you want your ad to show, they might be on a trip there and have a ton of clothes they need cleaned when they get back home etc.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks @Andy Black for sharing that video on the forum.

My takeaways:
  • If you have different keywords in the same adgroup, you're doing it wrong. Stick to the golden rule of 1 keyword per adgroup. Otherwise your campaign is a mess and it's almost impossible to analyze your results.
  • If you're offering different services, take the time to create different adgroups and ad. Ex. from the vid: People looking for a dry cleaning service near them won't probably get very excited if your ad tells them you're a laundromat service.
  • When it comes to locations, think like your customers. If they search services, shops etc. by zip code, then you should bid on keyword +service +zip for all the areas that you're targeting. To get that info, you can either go to your keywords section and find what search terms triggered clicks to your ad, or you can use the planner for your own service or close enough ones.
  • Not having negative keywords costs your campaign a ton. My own 2 cents: Start with the obvious ones like jobs, salary, studies and refine once you have enough volume by looking at the search terms which triggered your ads.
  • If you do geo-modified ads, don't let Google manage the locations you want included or excluded. Just trust the keywords you chose. Ex. from the vid: If someone in Texas searches for "laundry service in Bronx" you want your ad to show, they might be on a trip there and have a ton of clothes they need cleaned when they get back home etc.
Thanks for your takeaways @Youss. Rep+

Some clarifications:
  • I don’t use SKAGs (Single Keyword Ad Groups), which funnily enough is an ad group with three keywords in it (go figure). I literally have ONE keyword per ad group.
  • You need to change a sneaky hidden setting at the campaign level when bidding with locations in your keywords so that Google doesn’t override the IP targeting for your campaign. (It’s covered in my course and I have a video of it somewhere.)

Youss

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jan 12, 2019
France
Thanks for your takeaways @Youss. Rep+

Some clarifications:
  • I don’t use SKAGs (Single Keyword Ad Groups), which funnily enough is an ad group with three keywords in it (go figure). I literally have ONE keyword per ad group.
Just to be sure, when I say one keyword per ad group I mean one combination of keywords, not a single one. Like "+laundry +service +bronx" is one group, "+laundry +service +queens" is another one.

Oh and thanks for the rep+.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.