The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

[Video] Google Ads Review - Laudromat

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A forum member has taken over management of a Google Ads account.

I looked over his shoulder at the account and pointed out what I'd change, and why.

What’s your takeaways?

View: https://youtu.be/42_O8EiNuZ0

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Youss

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jan 12, 2019
France
Thanks @Andy Black for sharing that video on the forum.

My takeaways:
  • If you have different keywords in the same adgroup, you're doing it wrong. Stick to the golden rule of 1 keyword per adgroup. Otherwise your campaign is a mess and it's almost impossible to analyze your results.
  • If you're offering different services, take the time to create different adgroups and ad. Ex. from the vid: People looking for a dry cleaning service near them won't probably get very excited if your ad tells them you're a laundromat service.
  • When it comes to locations, think like your customers. If they search services, shops etc. by zip code, then you should bid on keyword +service +zip for all the areas that you're targeting. To get that info, you can either go to your keywords section and find what search terms triggered clicks to your ad, or you can use the planner for your own service or close enough ones.
  • Not having negative keywords costs your campaign a ton. My own 2 cents: Start with the obvious ones like jobs, salary, studies and refine once you have enough volume by looking at the search terms which triggered your ads.
  • If you do geo-modified ads, don't let Google manage the locations you want included or excluded. Just trust the keywords you chose. Ex. from the vid: If someone in Texas searches for "laundry service in Bronx" you want your ad to show, they might be on a trip there and have a ton of clothes they need cleaned when they get back home etc.

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks @Andy Black for sharing that video on the forum.

My takeaways:
  • If you have different keywords in the same adgroup, you're doing it wrong. Stick to the golden rule of 1 keyword per adgroup. Otherwise your campaign is a mess and it's almost impossible to analyze your results.
  • If you're offering different services, take the time to create different adgroups and ad. Ex. from the vid: People looking for a dry cleaning service near them won't probably get very excited if your ad tells them you're a laundromat service.
  • When it comes to locations, think like your customers. If they search services, shops etc. by zip code, then you should bid on keyword +service +zip for all the areas that you're targeting. To get that info, you can either go to your keywords section and find what search terms triggered clicks to your ad, or you can use the planner for your own service or close enough ones.
  • Not having negative keywords costs your campaign a ton. My own 2 cents: Start with the obvious ones like jobs, salary, studies and refine once you have enough volume by looking at the search terms which triggered your ads.
  • If you do geo-modified ads, don't let Google manage the locations you want included or excluded. Just trust the keywords you chose. Ex. from the vid: If someone in Texas searches for "laundry service in Bronx" you want your ad to show, they might be on a trip there and have a ton of clothes they need cleaned when they get back home etc.
Thanks for your takeaways @Youss. Rep+

Some clarifications:
  • I don’t use SKAGs (Single Keyword Ad Groups), which funnily enough is an ad group with three keywords in it (go figure). I literally have ONE keyword per ad group.
  • You need to change a sneaky hidden setting at the campaign level when bidding with locations in your keywords so that Google doesn’t override the IP targeting for your campaign. (It’s covered in my course and I have a video of it somewhere.)

Youss

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jan 12, 2019
France
Thanks for your takeaways @Youss. Rep+

Some clarifications:
  • I don’t use SKAGs (Single Keyword Ad Groups), which funnily enough is an ad group with three keywords in it (go figure). I literally have ONE keyword per ad group.
Just to be sure, when I say one keyword per ad group I mean one combination of keywords, not a single one. Like "+laundry +service +bronx" is one group, "+laundry +service +queens" is another one.

Oh and thanks for the rep+.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Will definitely join start a freelance business and freelance copywriting to start my career as...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock