Figuring it out as I go along!
Read Millionaire Fastlane
- May 20, 2014
"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.
Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.
Thanks for your takeaways @Youss. Rep+Thanks @Andy Black for sharing that video on the forum.
- If you have different keywords in the same adgroup, you're doing it wrong. Stick to the golden rule of 1 keyword per adgroup. Otherwise your campaign is a mess and it's almost impossible to analyze your results.
- If you're offering different services, take the time to create different adgroups and ad. Ex. from the vid: People looking for a dry cleaning service near them won't probably get very excited if your ad tells them you're a laundromat service.
- When it comes to locations, think like your customers. If they search services, shops etc. by zip code, then you should bid on keyword +service +zip for all the areas that you're targeting. To get that info, you can either go to your keywords section and find what search terms triggered clicks to your ad, or you can use the planner for your own service or close enough ones.
- Not having negative keywords costs your campaign a ton. My own 2 cents: Start with the obvious ones like jobs, salary, studies and refine once you have enough volume by looking at the search terms which triggered your ads.
- If you do geo-modified ads, don't let Google manage the locations you want included or excluded. Just trust the keywords you chose. Ex. from the vid: If someone in Texas searches for "laundry service in Bronx" you want your ad to show, they might be on a trip there and have a ton of clothes they need cleaned when they get back home etc.
Just to be sure, when I say one keyword per ad group I mean one combination of keywords, not a single one. Like "+laundry +service +bronx" is one group, "+laundry +service +queens" is another one.
Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.
Join Fastlane Insiders.
Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...
...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.