The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unscripted Audiobook @Audible?

firsthelix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 3, 2013
Hi,

Waiting for the audiobook to be available at Amazon Audible. MJD had announced it to be available at the end of last week but it's not yet available as of today. Can anybody - preferrably MJD himself - provide an update here?

Thx!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Amazon gave me a window of 10-14 days for its release. We're now at 19 days and still waiting. Multiple emails in to them as well, but nothing but boilerplate BS.

RedKiteKid

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 29, 2017
UK
My next audible credit is due on Friday so fingers crossed for day 21 at least!

firsthelix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 3, 2013
Amazon gave me a window of 10-14 days for its release. We're now at 19 days and still waiting. Multiple emails in to them as well, but nothing but boilerplate BS.

Any other way I can get a hand on the audiobook asap? Desperately waiting while being used to the fastlane... ;-)

Mumtaz

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 15, 2016
UK
I feel like calling them and tell them we your readers are desperately in need of this audiobook (loool) and ask them when they will release it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I feel like calling them and tell them we your readers are desperately in need of this audiobook (loool) and ask them when they will release it.

To be honest, it's infuriating. First they missed the release date, and now, well, nothing.

Here's what I've seen for the last month...

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 12.31.14 PM.png

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just heard from Audible and they said "we're looking into it" followed by the phrase "warm regards" which tells me, no one, including the guy in India, knows what the f*ck is going on.

ZeroToOne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
May 6, 2017
KS
Just heard from Audible and they said "we're looking into it" followed by the phrase "warm regards" which tells me, no one, including the guy in India, knows what the f*ck is going on.

This probably doesn't help anything, but I had emailed them on June 1st and got the following reply:

Thank you for contacting Audible!

We would like to inform you that currently we don't have any estimated date of release of "Unscripted ".

We appreciate your interest in the availability of "Unscripted ". The best way to request a specific title is to send an email to: content-requests@audible.com. Our Content Team will then investigate whether we can make that audiobook available at Audible.com.

Even if a particular title exists in audio, Audible still may not be able to sell it. This can happen because:

• The audio publisher has not secured the right to sell that title in digital audio format; this sometimes happens with older recordings, particular those on cassette

• Audible may not have a distribution agreement with the publisher of the title

Here at Audible, we are always working hard to expand our catalog. Your suggestion is very valuable and we certainly appreciate your interest in adding audiobooks to our online store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Oh cool that's about the only thing I use now. Reading is a chore, but listening to an audiobook while driving is 10x better
You have audible? Can you speed up the pace of the reading?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

snam23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 11, 2016
You have audible? Can you speed up the pace of the reading?
I listen to all my audio, including audio books on Audible and podcasts, at 2x+ speed. The iOS app lets you do it.
VLC plays most media formats and you can control the audio speed with even more precision

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I listen to all my audio, including audio books on Audible and podcasts, at 2x+ speed. The iOS app lets you do it.
VLC plays most media formats and you can control the audio speed with even more precision
Is the monthly plan worth it? Can I read (listen to) unlimited books? Or do I have to pay? Sorry for the noob questions.

snam23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 11, 2016
Is the monthly plan worth it? Can I read (listen to) unlimited books? Or do I have to pay? Sorry for the noob questions.
I actually just signed up for their trial (again, I don't know why they offered it to me). You get one free book and membership discounts.
I believe on higher tiers, you get a certain number of "credits" per month, where each credit can purchase on book.

If you are an audiobook-aholic, I think it's worth it. They're fairly expensive.

Sidenote, if you buy/own the Kindle version, you'll often get discounts for the audiobook.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I actually just signed up for their trial (again, I don't know why they offered it to me). You get one free book and membership discounts.
I believe on higher tiers, you get a certain number of "credits" per month, where each credit can purchase on book.

If you are an audiobook-aholic, I think it's worth it. They're fairly expensive.

Sidenote, if you buy/own the Kindle version, you'll often get discounts for the audiobook.
Good to know. Thank you. I'm gonna search more into this!

snam23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 11, 2016
Glad I was helpful!

JRGEKKO

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 23, 2016
California
Hi,

Waiting for the audiobook to be available at Amazon Audible. MJD had announced it to be available at the end of last week but it's not yet available as of today. Can anybody - preferrably MJD himself - provide an update here?

Thx!
I can't wait for the audiobook as well.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Yeah I listen on 1.5 or 2x speed. Yesterday I finished Purple Cow - Seth Godin, in one day while eating breakfast, driving to and from work, and eating dinner lol

damo989

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 12, 2016
Audible is amazing for mindset related books, listen to it too and from work in the car and you can't help but change your mindset to that of a fastlaner. One of the best things I ever did to change the course of my life! Go get it now if you haven't already!

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I've been a member on and off for a few years. $14.99/mth for 1 credit. You just need to watch the actual price of the book vs. the cost of the membership. No point using a credit for a $7.99 audiobook when the credit cost you $14.99.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I find it skips words when I speed it up. On android at least. Will have to take another look at this.
I listen at 1.5 times without issue on Android. I've tried faster but it's too fast for me.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just an update... (or lack of update)

I heard from Audible on Friday in which they claimed one of the chapters had too much silence.

After review of the chapter, we found nothing wrong with it -- other than the chapter had many subtitles and call outs, causing the silence.

Myself and the producer emailed back explaining that nothing was problematic on it (on Friday) and thus far, have heard nothing back.

Still twiddling my thumbs waiting for someone to do their job. :humph:

RedKiteKid

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 29, 2017
UK
I'm 21 pages into this ChickenHawk progress thread and you drag me out for this!?

I just finished my second runthrough of TMF . Maybe I'll fill time with some actual action while I wait for Unscripted . Hope it smooth out for you soon.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
maybe I need to look into creating a better audiobook platform...

The frustration with control is worth it because Audible has millions of buyers and it connects to the Amazon channel.

I kept the rights for TMF (and control) in the first 3 years and sold hundreds. When I moved to Audible, it jumped into the tens of thousands.

Violating control when it comes to channels w/huge pools of buyers (usually Amazon) is a high EV trade.

Anyhow, I received word that I might have an update today about the audiobook. However, I'm not holding my breath -- I've heard this song-and-dance now for the last 3 weeks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.